I love a good sandwich, especially these amazingly delicious and super easy Bacon Eggs and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches. It is a comforting breakfast or you may eat it for brunch. Well, we prep it many times even for dinner. Wouldn’t you agree that sometimes breakfast […]
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these […]
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich.
You guys asked me so many time to post my version of this amazing sandwich and I always hesitated. To be honest, I was testing how I like it the best without offering anyone regarding how I make it.
I ate so many different version even though they all contain the same ingredients just slightly different made or prepared. In the end, what is truly authentic?
It’s food, a recipe and everyone add their own print, right? You are allowed to experiment and put your own little twist on dishes that you make for you and tour family.
That being said, my family went crazy for this one. Also, I made for my husband’s staff and they all loved it so I am confident that you guys going to love this recipe.
I made 3 trays full of these Cubanos and I couldn’t resist. I didn’t have a piece of bread or anything with gluten for about 3 months at all, and this was rebirth experience.
So, if you are on low carb diet then you know what I mean. Anyhow, you can totally use low carb tortilla if you are on keto. It’s not the same as having a nice Cuban bread but, hey, better than nothing! Haha
It is truly amazing and so delicious and I really hope you give this sandwich a try.
When you make my Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich, or any other recipe from my blog please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 tablspoon ground black pepper
- 5-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt.
- Four 10 inches (approximately) Cuban sandwich loaves, sliced into 4 equal sizes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 pound sliced smoked ham
- Dill pickles sliced lengthwise
- Roast pork
- 8-10 ounces Swiss cheese slices
FOR PRESSING SANDWICH
- Garlic and Herbs Butter or read notes
- Cast iron grill pan with cast iron grill press
- OR PANINI PRESS
- Place pork into a largest ziplock bag then pours the marinade. Make sure that marinade is very well combined before pouring it over the pork. massage the pork for a bit to coat then close the ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably 12 hours. Halfway through turn the ziplock on the other side and massage it again just to make sure the pork is well coated with the marinade.
Oven roast pork in Dutch Oven for 3 to 3 ½ hours on lower heat at 350°F. Take it out of the oven, and allow it to cool down for 20-30 minutes before shredding or carving against the grain.
You can use your slow cooker: Set on high and slow cook for 4-6 hours depending on the size. You may slice it in big chunks so the pork fit well in the slow cooker. Shred pork using two forks as soon as the pork is falling apart.
Grilling pork brings an amazing flavor and it's my favorite ways to prep meat.
When I am cooking it on my Traeger Grill:
- I prep my smoker for 15 minutes at 250° Fahrenheit with the lid closed. Then I place pork directly on the grill and cook for 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and put the pork in the center on the heavy-duty foil, then bring up the sides of the foil a little bit before pouring the apple cider on top of the pork butt.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the pork, make sure the cider does not escape.
- Place the foil-wrapped pork butt back on the grill and cook until the temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, in the thickest part of the meat, about 2-3 more hours longer depending on the size of the pork butt.
- Allow it to cool DOWN completely for about 30 minutes in foil before shredding or carving against the grain.
- Slice Cuban bread loaf in half then spread unsalted butter on one size and mustard on the other.
- Add sliced or shredded pork, ham, cheese slices, and pickles. Close and spread or brush soften garlic and herbs butter on top then slice into equal portions.
- Preheat your grill pan and cook these but pressing onto the cast iron grill. pan and pressing it with cast iron grill press. You can turn it around if you wish and do the same on the other side. You may use a panini press or just bake in the oven if you do not wish to press it at all. I like keeping them in the warm oven wrapped before serving, or microwave to make the hot.
- If you get pork shoulder butt with a bone, no worries you can still do this and it will taste great.
- If you wish to use Pork Loin or Tenderloin, it's great! I tried it and it tastes fantastic. You do not need to panic.
- If you like any other pickle or ham go ahead and adapt to your liking. Maybe you like dijon mustard use that one. We prefer yellow mustard and smoked ham over honey glazed ham.
- If you cant get garlic and herbs butter then spread butter on the bread and sprinkle with herbs and garlic powder.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid, Opens 180 Degrees for Any Sandwich Thickness (25460A) Nonstick 8" x 10" Grids Chrome Finish
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Pre-seasoned Grill Pan with Easy Grease Draining for Grilling Bacon, Steak, and Meats.
- Lodge Rectangular Cast Iron Grill Press. 6.75 x 4.5" Cast Iron Grill Press with Cool-Grip Spiral Handle.
- SANDRA MIHIC's Amazon Page
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; […]
Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or […]
I dare to say that Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings are absolutely mouthwatering especially made in the Air Fryer.
I mean, you do not have to be a chef or even a good cook to make these. So simple, yet packed with flavor.
We just love the zesty chicken wings with the aroma of lime and frequent rosemary. It is the most intoxicating smell.
As you all know we love a good meal, and we have once a week family movie night. It fills my heart when we are all together for a couple of hours without any phone distraction.
I cherish these moments. Now that our oldest one, Aleks, leaving for University this Fall, I am even more determined not to skip on these small moments like our move nights.
Unexplainably, the time flew by. I know it is cliche to say, but it is so true. Well, I feel like he was just last week this mischievous little boy, running around the house in his Spiderman undies.
I will not cry! P
Anyhow, back to my wings. So, I made these since we all love them, but most importantly I wanted to test recipes that we can make quick in our air fryer
I made some tasty cauliflower with this and the meal was completely done. Most importantly, we all loved it, and it tastes absolutely phenomenal.
I hope you all like this recipe. Also, you can make these in the oven. Always make sure to turn them around about halfway at 400F. The best way to cook them in the oven is on one of those baking racks or grills.
The heat will travel all around the chicken wings so the taste will be tasty, but it is not necessary. You can make it in the regular baking pan, too.
I will link my favorite items from the Amazon, below under the recipe. That is just in case if you are wondering. As an Amazon Affiliate, I am happy to recommend my favorite products that I use or had in the past.
If you get inspired and try Air Fryer Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings, please tag on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking, using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
An easy way to make chicken wings.
- 8-10 Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Zest of One Lime
- 1 tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Rub all the ingredients on the chicken wings and marinade for about 30 minutes. You may keep it in the large airtight container or a large ziplock bag. Lime will tenderize the chicken even more, and allow the spices and herbs to penetrate through.
Place the chicken wings in the one layer. If your fryer is larger then you may use more wings. Mine is 6 Qt. and I can cook 8 regular size wings comfortably, to up to 10.
Turn the air fryer 375 F for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size and power of your fryer. Halfway through I turn them around to get the same nice golden color. I don't think it's necessary per se to turn it around but I do it and it works wonderfully for me.
If the chicken wings are frozen, just defrost them because obviously, you will not be able to marinate frozen chicken wings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OMORC Air Fryer XL 6QT(w/Cookbook), 15-in-1 1800W Fast w/Wet Finger-Friendly Quick Knob & Touch Screen Deep Fryer Oven Large Oilless Hot Air, 8-15 Presets, Preheat, Nonstick Basket, 2-Year Warranty
- Sticky Toffee Silicone Printed Oven Mitt & Pot Holder, Cotton Terry Kitchen Dish Towel & Dishcloth, Gray, 9 Piece Set
Who does not like an easy, flavorful and comforting meal, especially something like this Bacon and Kale Soup? I make this bacon and kale soup pretty often. Sometimes I add bacon and sausage, and sometimes just sausage. However, this soup is really amazing even when […]
An easy and delicious recipe for Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs with sauteed cabbage. This was so delicious and totally unexpected. The demand for air fryer recipes is truly overwhelming, so I have decided to start testing recipes for my blog and this is the […]
I love Mexican cuisine as much as Tex-Mex food. I mean, who would say no, right?! A bit of Texas with a bit of Mexico and you get an amazing combo bursting with flavor
These beef taco bowls are just incredibly tasty. You can make it more spicy or mild. It is all how you prefer your food, that is why you have to taste
Add a pinch of this and that until you reach your preference. I always say you can add more seasoning later, so add just a pinch or two and taste.
I love spicy food as well as my children but my husband does not. Well, he likes it a little, but not much.
I really hope that you all like this easy recipe. You can modify this one to meet your lifestyle requirements, such as low carb.
I love serving this beef over cauliflower rice or in low carb tortillas, as well as making my lunch box into this amazing taco salad.
My family absolutely love this type of meals. Usually they add refried beans or even chili beans. Such a comfort food that most people just love, and it is really simople to prep.
You can even prep ahead, refrgirate and serve later. It is as simple as it sounds.
This tasty Beef taco recipe is the closest to classic Tex-Mex Style version of tacos. It is easy and very delicious.
- 1 pound (453g) Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- TOPPING OPTION:
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Tomatoes, diced
- Shredded Lettuce
- Red Onion, diced
- Parsey or cilantro, chopped
- FRESH or pickled Jalapenos
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole or plain Avocado
- Taco Tortilla Bowls, shells or soft tortillas
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef sprinkled with seasonings over medium heat.
- Remove as much grease as possible then stir in adobo and tomato sauce and lastly season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and with desired toppings.
You may serve beef in soft tortillas, taco shells or taco bowls.
Toppings are up to you.
If you do not eat tortillas, you can serve this beef over rice or cauliflower rice. Or use Low Carb Tortillas
You may add beans or even refried beans.
You may even make your own bowls. Check out my Amazon Store for more details.
Please, comment and tag me if you make it. Or just post a pic on Instagram and tag me @sandraseasycooking so I can re-post. Make sure to use my hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you, guys, for all your support!!!
You cannot get a meal more simple than these Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not […]