It was one of those glorious mornings that just called for something comforting such as these Apple and Persimmon Cinnamon Muffins.
The pleasant aroma of baked muffins gently wrapped my kitchen with apples, persimmon, and cinnamon. Can you imagine a better aroma?
Sting in my ears, Berlin concert 2010 and spatula in my hand, I was ready to rock’n’roll!
I must say it is rather a peaceful and calming feeling, plus Sting naturally makes it that much more enjoyable. Lately, I’ve been under the weather. Perhaps it is just the weather that is confusing our bodies. I am almost sure of it.
To be straightforward, I work hard during weekdays, even weekends are pretty busy. However, when the weekend comes, I just want to snuggle under my comforter and read or watch some mindless TV.
This morning I woke up with a smile on my face. I enjoyed a pleasant dream, so I woke up full of energy and ready to give my kids happy Sunday breakfast, while I sip on my coffee.
You can’t indeed ask for a more delightful morning, right?! My charming daughter, Anna, hugged me and that meant the world to me.
That affectionate hug completely melts everything and makes you feel utterly amazing. I am enormously grateful for my kids. They are growing into these remarkable young adults that always think of others, so I know I did something right.
Back to homemade muffins…
They are delicate, pleasant and perfect for the Fall season. Well, you may make them over other season with perhaps a few tweaks.
Now that persimmons and apples are in season, please give it a try. I dearly hope you guys like my Apple and Persimmon Cinnamon Muffins.
I must say, they are marvelous for a quick snack, breakfast or brunch. Well with holidays just around the corner I would positively assure you that these would instantly make a lovely edible gift.
If you do make these muffins, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Recipes you might like:
- Gluten-Free Banana Cocoa Muffins
- Gluten-Free Corn Muffins with Scallions
- Breakfast Brioche Bread Pudding
- French Toast Casserole
Warm, tasty and easy recipe for muffins.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp. Flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 3 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Persimmons peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Apple peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter melted + for greasing or 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, Oats, Flaxseeds, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and the salt; set aside
- Peel and core persimmons and apple, then finely chop. Add chopped persimmons, apple, butter and an egg to flour mixture, mix to coat fruit, then add water; stir just until well combined.
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop into greased muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3. Mix brown sugar, and cinnamon to make the topping; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake about 20 minutes; let them rest for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then remove and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.