I just love the fall time and all the aroma in the air. Pumpkin spice cookies, lattes, and apple pies.
When my kids smell cookies baking in my oven they have this amazingly happy expression on their faces.
I think, or better said, I hope they will never grow out of making that happy expression when cookies are baking. It makes my heart melt
Their red and smiley cheeks were all I needed to fulfill my day. These are pretty simple. Not much mess; combine, mix, bake.
If you cannot find “pumpkin pie spice”, it basically contains an equal amount of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice. I used USDA Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice by Simply Organic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl combine together by mixing butter and both types of sugar until creamy, then add the egg and vanilla extract, and continue mixing until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and oats together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients on low speed. Stir until well incorporated.
- After combining all the ingredients, place in the fridge for about 10 minutes just for you to easier scoop on the baking dish.
- Place cookie dough balls (I use a 2 tablespoon sized scoop) on a baking sheet. This is completely optional. but I like adding sugar marks on the top of the cookies just like you would on peanut butter cookies. So I dip my fork into water then sugar and pressing it onto cookies. This is just gives a bit extra taste or texture and sweetness. Then I sprinkle with some more oats. Like I said, it is completely optional.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 181mg Carbohydrates: 25.4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13.7g Protein: 2.4g