This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HolidayBaking at Publix. All opinions are entirely my own.
French Toast Casserole is most definitely a staple food to bake during the joyous holiday season at my house.
We use so many amazingly appetizing toppings, and truly love them all. This is such a versatile and satisfying breakfast or brunch dish, which I adore the most.
To be completely clear, we arealways looking forward to a Thanksgiving or Christmas family brunch all yearlong. It might sound a bit strange, but we talk about it often during ourSunday family meals.
As much as we agree and strenuously disagree about foolish things, food brings us together. The saying could not be truer, food does unite people in the most delicious way.
We create beautiful, sweet memories during holidays, especially over a tasty and warm dinner.
We all know that the holidays can be the busiest and stressful time of the year, but it doesn’t have to be.
For example, the exclusive Publix Holiday Baking promotion makes it so very easy to bake all of my personal favorites during the holiday season.
Don’t forget to check your local Publix between November 9 and November 22 for savings on a variety of products featured in the Holiday Baking promotion!
Much like in my house, you can actually make baking around the festive holidays a fun family event.
Holiday Baking promotion! Much like in my house, you can actually make baking around the festive holidays a fun family event. Thanks to the Publix Holiday Baking event, I can get everything I need… ON SALE
I can always count on Publix,especially during the holidays. The quality of ingredients is constantly onpoint.
That being said, I picked up Nestlé® Coffee-mate® Creamer to serve with the morning coffee. Also, typical groceries such as eggs, milk, bread, Pyure® Organic Stevia, and Blackberry Patch Syrup to make my delicious French Toast Casserole.
Anna, my lovely daughter, and I prepped this casserole the night before for the easiest brunch ever.
My husband made coffee while the casserole was baking. Daniel, my youngest, set up the table, which was enormously helpful, of course.
The deliciously warm aroma from the kitchen wrapped our heart and soul with joy. We could not wait to dig in and share this yummy meal.
We all heartily wished my oldest boy, Aleks, and his girlfriend was home from college to enjoy our weekend tradition. That is mainly why I am looking forward to Thanksgiving because my ducklings are all home and with me.
Some of the deals I scored at Publix during the event are:
- $4.49 Blackberry Patch Syrup (8–12-oz your choice)
- $2 off any 1 Pyure Organic Stevia (any size)
- $1 off any 2 Nestlé Coffee-mate Creamer (16-oz) (refrigerated) or Nestlé natural bliss creamer (16-oz) (refrigerated) (mix or match)
If you make this tasty and unbelievably easy French Toast Casserole, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking.
An easy and tasty way to enjoy stress-free holidays.
- 1 loaf French or other crusty bread 14-16 ounces, day or three-day-old bread
- 8 large eggs
- 240 ml (8oz) heavy whipped cream
- 240 ml (8oz) whole milk
- 65g (1/2 cup) Pyure Organic Stevia= 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 lbs Apples (Honeycrisp), peel and core
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic Stevia= 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Blackberry Patch Syrup
- Fresh Blackberries or any other fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Slice bread into half lengthwise slices, if necessary, or slice French bread into slices, 1-inch each.
- Using a larger baking pan with deeper sides, butter well with on the bottom and the sides.
- Mix the eggs, heavy cream, sugar, pinch of salt, cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of the toast into the French toast mixture, then arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. You may use two smaller pans as well.
- Pour the rest of the mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered pretty evenly with the creamy mixture. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to Overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350F. After 40 minutes, add cinnamon apple over the casserole and bake uncovered for additional 20 minutes.
- Drizzle French Toast Casserole with Blackberry Patch Syrup, garnish with some fresh fruit such as blackberries, and dust with a generous amount of powdered sugar, if desired.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON APPLES:
- Peel apples, core, and dice. It doesn't have to be small chunks.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and cook on low medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the apples are your desired tenderness. You do not want mushy apple sauce so just make them until they are tender but still hold their shape.
- Take off the heat and set aside until ready to be used.
You may use any bread that you wish to use. The best one is French toast or pre-sliced cinnamon bread
I used cinnamon gourmet toast for this recipe, however, any a day or three days old bread would
work perfectly. It just tastes so much better when the bread is a bit stale.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.