Gluten-free! I must tell you that this is a completely new field for me. I’ve spent hours staring at the computer screen trying to learn about the gluten-free dietary lifestyle.
I was never Gluten sensitive, maybe I’m not even now. However, recently my thyroid gland started to act
I guess gluten triggers it and you don’t feel very good after eating let’s say regular bread. READ here great article-interview. So, I wanted to experiment on myself
Yes, I said it before, If I have to give up bread or pasta, it might as well be the end of the world, but it’s actually making me a bit better; I am less tired and sleepy, my stomach feels better as well, and I feel way less crazy. Meaning, my moodiness is at bay since I stopped consuming it all together about a week ago.
With that being said, it is so freaking hard! Seriously, I love anything that has gluten, especially freshly made and right from the oven bread.
I usually do not like stuff from the box, but since I am little lost what’ is good in this gluten-free department, I went for “Hodgson Mill” which is Gluten Free, Wheat free, MSG Free Cornbread mix. Sounds alright, healthy, right?!
I gotta tell you, it is a fantastic mix and I absolutely loved the taste. I made these 3 times this week already
Some people say “don’t buy it if it says ‘gluten-free’ on the box“, but I think if you research the company or experiment what is really working for you, it is still ok as long as you are alright. Also, I really enjoy Bob’s Red Mill products. I highly recommend it.
In the case of cheese, please omit or use cottage cheese that you like. I just happen to like Breakstone’s brand. Addition of cottage cheese gives me more moisture and flavor too.
Needless to say, I always add cottage cheese in my cornbread or corn muffins. With this mix, you can make 12 muffins, or make one cornbread.
Tasty and super easy gluten-free savoury muffins.
- 1 Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
- 2 large eggs lightly mixed
- 1 cup 225 g sweet corn, canned
- 2 tbsp. 28g Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup 118.5ml Canola oil
- 3 Scallions Chopped
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Milk
- Preheat the oven at 350F (180C). Lightly grease by brushing oil in each well of the cupcake/muffin pan/ OR use a nonstick baking pan.
- In a large bowl, add the cornmeal mix, lightly mixed eggs, sweet corn, cottage cheese, oil, and chopped scallions.
- Mix it with the spoon (e.g. Wooden), then pour about 1/2 cup (118.5 ml) of low fat or fat-free milk. Mix until it is all combined.
- Using ice-cream scoop, fill each well little over halfway and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until it is a light golden color.
- Let them cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then remove and serve. Leftovers place in the ziplock bag
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- Bakeware Set -Premium Nonstick Baking Pans -Set of 5- Includes a Pie Pan, Square Cake Pan, Baking Pan, Bread Pan, Cup Cake Pan with Blue Silicone Hnadles By Intriom
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.