Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply the best. Does anything smell better than a cup of coffee and freshly made cookies early in the morning? I certainly do not think so.
I can tell you one thing, my kitchen smelled divine this morning. As I was pulling my Chocolate Chip Cookies out of the oven for my children’s school snack, my coffee finished brewing.
It was a rather chilly morning. I put my sweater on and walked out to enjoy the crisp fresh air with my hot coffee and warm cookies.
What an amazing morning; peaceful, delicious and most certainly warm!
These chocolate chip cookies are just perfect for a snack or dessert. Of course, they are amazing with a mug of coffee, a warm cup of tea or perhaps to have something sweet just to kill the cravings.
You can add chips or chunks, maybe break into pieces your favorite chocolate bars, such as Hershey’s or Dove.
My family really loves dark chocolate. However, every now and then these inexpensive chunks serve a great purpose for baking, of course, ahem midnight snack too!
Chocolate chips are one of the most beloved cookies in my house, and I assume in so many of your houses.
When you have kids, especially young ones prepping and baking cookies and phenomenal bonding between parents or grandparents and kids. You could be a cool rock star aunt or uncle when you spend some time making cookies with your nieces and nephews.
In my humble opinion, there is nothing more special than creating happy memories with young ones. Unplug yourself from social media and do just that espcially over the holiday season. Well, you can thank me later!
I really hope you like them because they are simply the best. Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share it with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply the best. Does anything smell better than a cup of coffee and freshly made cookies early in the morning? I certainly do not think so. Make these and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 /2 cup Truvía Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip or chunks
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add applesauce into a large bowl. Add Truvía brown sugar Blend and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Fold in chips. Allow it to cool down for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with butter or coconut oil Bake at 375° Fahrenheit for 12 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on pan 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- King Arthur Flour, Measure for Measure Flour, Gluten Free, 3 Pound
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer Contential Silver RRK150CU (Renewed)
- Cuisinart SM-50 5.5 - Quart Stand Mixer, White
- Taylor Stainless Steel Analog Kitchen Scale, 11 Lb. Capacity
- Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, Mix of Natural Stevia Sweetener and Brown Sugar, 18 oz Bag