Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it. It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up […]
Baked Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorite Autumn treats. It warms your heart and soul, and the pleasant aroma is just enchanting. I did not grow up with sweet potatoes. The first time I tried sweet potatoes I was 18 or 19 years old. […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HolidayBaking at Publix. All opinions are entirely my own.
French Toast Casserole is most definitely a staple food to bake during the joyous holiday season at my house.
We use so many amazingly appetizing toppings, and truly love them all. This is such a versatile and satisfying breakfast or brunch dish, which I adore the most.
To be completely clear, we arealways looking forward to a Thanksgiving or Christmas family brunch all yearlong. It might sound a bit strange, but we talk about it often during ourSunday family meals.
As much as we agree and strenuously disagree about foolish things, food brings us together. The saying could not be truer, food does unite people in the most delicious way.
We create beautiful, sweet memories during holidays, especially over a tasty and warm dinner.
We all know that the holidays can be the busiest and stressful time of the year, but it doesn’t have to be.
For example, the exclusive Publix Holiday Baking promotion makes it so very easy to bake all of my personal favorites during the holiday season.
Don’t forget to check your local Publix between November 9 and November 22 for savings on a variety of products featured in the Holiday Baking promotion!
Much like in my house, you can actually make baking around the festive holidays a fun family event.
Holiday Baking promotion! Much like in my house, you can actually make baking around the festive holidays a fun family event. Thanks to the Publix Holiday Baking event, I can get everything I need… ON SALE
I can always count on Publix,especially during the holidays. The quality of ingredients is constantly onpoint.
That being said, I picked up Nestlé® Coffee-mate® Creamer to serve with the morning coffee. Also, typical groceries such as eggs, milk, bread, Pyure® Organic Stevia, and Blackberry Patch Syrup to make my delicious French Toast Casserole.
Anna, my lovely daughter, and I prepped this casserole the night before for the easiest brunch ever.
My husband made coffee while the casserole was baking. Daniel, my youngest, set up the table, which was enormously helpful, of course.
The deliciously warm aroma from the kitchen wrapped our heart and soul with joy. We could not wait to dig in and share this yummy meal.
We all heartily wished my oldest boy, Aleks, and his girlfriend was home from college to enjoy our weekend tradition. That is mainly why I am looking forward to Thanksgiving because my ducklings are all home and with me.
Some of the deals I scored at Publix during the event are:
- $4.49 Blackberry Patch Syrup (8–12-oz your choice)
- $2 off any 1 Pyure Organic Stevia (any size)
- $1 off any 2 Nestlé Coffee-mate Creamer (16-oz) (refrigerated) or Nestlé natural bliss creamer (16-oz) (refrigerated) (mix or match)
If you make this tasty and unbelievably easy French Toast Casserole, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking.
An easy and tasty way to enjoy stress-free holidays.
- 1 loaf French or other crusty bread 14-16 ounces, day or three-day-old bread
- 8 large eggs
- 240 ml (8oz) heavy whipped cream
- 240 ml (8oz) whole milk
- 65g (1/2 cup) Pyure Organic Stevia= 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 lbs Apples (Honeycrisp), peel and core
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic Stevia= 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Blackberry Patch Syrup
- Fresh Blackberries or any other fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Slice bread into half lengthwise slices, if necessary, or slice French bread into slices, 1-inch each.
- Using a larger baking pan with deeper sides, butter well with on the bottom and the sides.
- Mix the eggs, heavy cream, sugar, pinch of salt, cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of the toast into the French toast mixture, then arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. You may use two smaller pans as well.
- Pour the rest of the mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered pretty evenly with the creamy mixture. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to Overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350F. After 40 minutes, add cinnamon apple over the casserole and bake uncovered for additional 20 minutes.
- Drizzle French Toast Casserole with Blackberry Patch Syrup, garnish with some fresh fruit such as blackberries, and dust with a generous amount of powdered sugar, if desired.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON APPLES:
- Peel apples, core, and dice. It doesn't have to be small chunks.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and cook on low medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the apples are your desired tenderness. You do not want mushy apple sauce so just make them until they are tender but still hold their shape.
- Take off the heat and set aside until ready to be used.
You may use any bread that you wish to use. The best one is French toast or pre-sliced cinnamon bread
I used cinnamon gourmet toast for this recipe, however, any a day or three days old bread would
work perfectly. It just tastes so much better when the bread is a bit stale.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this […]
You either love matcha or despise it. I love matcha, aka green tea powder. One of my favorite ice creams is Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate. We all know green tea powder is very healthy. It gives us energy without the anxiety, crash or jitters. Make us all younger as well as calms the mind and relaxes […]
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own.
Brownies — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family!
Not only are they delightful to eat, but they are just as pleasing to make! The memories created with the people you love when baking brownies are truly unforgettable.
That being said, I went a step further and surprised my family one late afternoon with the most delightful brownies and yogurt summer parfait. Everyone loved it so much.
Every now and again I like to splurge on my eating, and these Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies are my new tasty treat when choosing what to satisfy my sweet tooth with.
The steamy, aesthetically pleasing appearance combined with the powerful rich and gooey flavor leave these brownies irresistible.
When my kids come home from a long day at school, I’ve never seen them happier than when a plate of delicious brownies is presented to them at the table after a hearty meal.
Now that summer has kicked in, and their two-month break as commenced, all they ask for are these parfaits. These sugary treats are nothing but satisfying, and never disappoint consumers.
From the way they perfectly crumble into your mouth, to the way they delicately enter your pallet and please every taste bud, these brownies are nothing but gold. People of all ages enjoy these alluring goodies.
You can purchase the new Pillsbury Place N Bake Brownies at Publix.
I got them on aisle 16, where you would usually find other Pillsbury goodies just ready for you to bake them. These Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies come in Chocolate Fudge, Peanut Butter Chip, and Marshmallow.
If you make these Brownies and Yogurt Summer Parfait, please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to share your creation with everyone. Thank you!!!
Brownies and Yogurt Summer Parfait — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family!
- 1 Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies, Chocolate Fudge, 12CT
- 1 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 pound Raspberry
- 1/4 pound Strawberry
- 1/4 pound Blueberry
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Follow instructions on the back of the Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies.
- After baking allow them to cool down for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut each brownie into 4 equal pieces. Use 2 brownies for each serving of this parfait for the best effect.
- In each glass add a few pieces of brownies following 2 tablespoons of yogurt, and then add mixed berries, a tablespoon or so for each glass.
- Top the berries with a tablespoon or two of yogurt then add a few more slices of brownies and so on until you have layers of brownies, yogurt, and berries.
- Garnish with fresh mint or you may add a shaved chocolate as well.
- Serve immediately.
If you wish to serve this later, then prep everything in advance.
Bake brownies and make sure after they are cool to place them in the airtight container. This will keep them fresh and perfect for your parfait.
You may also make a wonderful trifle just by using a large glass bowl and layer everything. It would make a great and delicious party centerpiece.
You can try these with other Pillsbury brownies such as Peanut Butter and Marshmallow. It will be just as tasty as with Fudge.
You may use whipped cream or perhaps ice cream instead of yogurt.
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert all summer long. I heard that every good Southern lady should know how to properly make delicious jello salad. Well, I must say, […]
I know that all of you love Fluffy Pancakes, but Fluffy Cream Cheese Pancakes are even better. My family went bananas over these. Yes, even I tried them because of YOLO! Well, the verdict is that I absolutely loved them. Then again, there is no […]
My family loves crepes, sweet or savory, even though we are more sweet tooth peeps. I try not to make them often simply because I cannot resist eating a few before they even end up on the table. I’m not joking.
We eat it with Nutella, jam, or maple syrup. Sometimes, I would mix crushed walnuts and sugar, or honey and use that as a spread. It makes a wonderful snack, breakfast, or even dessert.
It takes me about 20 to 25 minutes from the beginning to the end, but it is totally so worth my time. I do make a lot of them. They are so versatile. You can make them with any filling and add any desirable topping. Roll them or fold… it is all about what you prefer.
To be honest, I have never measured ingredients for crepes. The first time when I made them, I was 12 years old. One beautiful morning my distant aunt or as I liked to call her grandmother because she was an elderly woman, came over for a
As we walked and talked, I mentioned how I am craving crepes. She stood and said, “let’s go make it!” She is the same women who taught me how to make my first real bread that actually came out pretty decent.
I really wish that I had more wise people like she was, around me. Anyhow, if you were making crepes that long I assume that you wouldn’t use measurements either.
Make about 8-10 Crepes
- 1 3/4 cup 218 g All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. 2.5 g Salt
- 12 FL OZ 270 ml Milk
- 1 large egg mixed
- Oil for greasing pan/or unsalted melted butter
- Combine everything. First, add salt to the flour, mix. Add one mixed egg, and whisk while pouring milk gradually, as needed. The batter needs to be smooth, thinner without the lumps. You may use an electric mixer. Also, the batter is much thinner than a mixture for pancakes.
- Turn the burner on medium high heat, and grease non-stick pan with oil, or unsalted melted butter. The non-stick pan needs to be hot.
- Pour the batter with a ladle, for medium size pan about 1/2 cup or a little less.
- On each side you will need about 1 minute or until the bottom of the crepe is golden brown and the top is no longer wet.
- Continue until all the batter is used. Serve it hot with your favorite spread.
Leftover batter place in the container with the lid and in the fridge. It can be in the fridge for up to two days. Since it will be thicker when you get it out, add splash more water or milk, stir and make crepes again.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $11.99