You either love matcha or despise it. I love matcha, aka green tea powder. One of my favorite ice creams is Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate. We all know green tea powder is very healthy. It gives us energy without the anxiety, crash or jitters. Make us all younger as well as calms the mind and relaxes read more
Brownies — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family! Not only are they delightful to eat, but they are just as pleasing read more
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert all summer long.
I heard that every good Southern lady should know how to properly make delicious jello salad. Well, I must say, yours truly, was not born here in the United States.
I know that so many of you already know that fact about me. If you have never heard me talk, I do have an accent. It gets thicker when I am tired. I have kids so we are an English speaking family, but they do understand Serbo-Croatian very well too.
Every so often, it gets extremely annoying when people do not even try to understand what I am trying to say. I do not think that I am hard to understand at all.
Needless to say, when people do not even try to understand me, all I desired to do is to turn around and walk away. Also, try really hard not to punch them.
Nevertheless, I have been living in the gorgeous city of Nashville for 21 years, more than half of my life, so I have rightfully earned the privilege to call myself a Southern lady. So, I will bring to the table my version on the most popular Southern Jello Salad.
You could use a large bowl for trifle and create a beautiful dessert centerpiece. Perhaps for a smaller party, you can make individual desserts just by serving them in glasses.
With that being said, my family literally devoured this strawberry jello summer salad. I mean what’s not to like.
We have cream cheese here and whipped topping, luscious strawberries, jello, plus graham crackers with butter. If you are like me, I know every pan corner will be licked clean.
If you make this recipe or if I inspire you to make any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
To me, it’s all about sharing food so I would love to share at least a picture of your creation with others. Thank you in advance!
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert.
- 2 packages (8.5g - 4-serving size each) Jell-O™ strawberry-flavored gelatin ( used sugar-free)
- 1 3/4 cups (14 oz/412ml) Boiling water
- 1 box (16 oz/500 ) strawberries, plus for serving
- 10 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 container (8 oz/226g) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz/226g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar (I used Truvia )
- 1 tablespoon (13g) vanilla extract
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in sliced strawberries; refrigerate until partially set, about 45 minutes
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, mix ingredients for CRUST. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 7-10 minutes. Cool it completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat ingredients for FILLING with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over crust. Make sure it goes to the very end sealing the edges so the topping doesn't leak though. It is okay if it does but for the perfect separation of each layer it is the best if you seal it. Cover and refrigerate until cool and gelatin topping in the bowl is partially set.
- Carefully spoon gelatin TOPPING over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm. I like adding more fresh strawberries when I serve this dessert.
You may add other fruit such as pineapple or peaches. Possibilities are endless.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I know that all of you love Fluffy Pancakes, but Fluffy Cream Cheese Pancakes are even better. My family went bananas over these. Yes, even I tried them because of YOLO! Well, the verdict is that I absolutely loved them. Then again, there is no read more
My simple Crepes are delicious, incredible and extremely easy to make. They are absolutely perfect for breakfast, snack and they do make an excellent dessert. My family loves crepes, sweet or savoury, even though we are more sweet tooth peeps. I try not to make read more
There is undoubtedly nothing better than dunking a crispy chocolate chip cookies in a warm cup of frothy milk. Mhmm! My kids absolutely love that.
I mean, aren’t all the kids the same? To be honest, I fondly remember when I was just a kid. I would crumble many homemade cookies and eat it like a bowl or a mug of cereal. Not necessarily healthy, but I loved it.
Every so often I make these a bit thicker, but most of the time my family loves their cookies thin and crispy.
My lovely daughter, Anna, loves microwaving it for 10 seconds and instantly making them softer, which is not bad at all. It actually tastes like freshly baked cookies.
I love cookies!!! The only cookies that I am not a huge fan of would probably be Oreos, but if I don’t have any I would most definitely inhale a couple of Oreos as well.
I know everyone in this food blogging world is posting Xmas cookies, but I feel like these cookies are timeless and seasonless. Any day of the year is a good day to make homemade cookies.
I hope you guys try our crispy chocolate chip cookies and enjoy them as much as we did.
If you make my yummy Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see your delicious creations.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is affiliated with Amazon. I love amazon so to have my favorite products on it is awesome.
I started to add items to my Amazon store of things that I have used in the past. It is a slow process, but it is fun and interesting. CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT
Thank you guys for all your support!
Makes Approximately 3 dozen (36 cookies) It depends how large or small you make them.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks optional (65%-85% dark)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add 1/4 cup water, vanilla, and one egg. Beat until well incorporated, around 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. (now would be a good time to add crushed or chopped nuts)
- Once incorporated, cover a bowl and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes before baking. It bakes wonderfully when it’s a bit colder, and the dough is easier to work with.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper because the cookies will spread. You may use ice cream scoop to keep the size of the cookies the same. AirBake Natural Aluminum 2 Pack Insulated Cookie Sheet, no burn design, 14 x 12in & 16 x 14in on Amazon
- Bake until cookies is golden brown 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- You may freeze cookie dough. You can make dough balls with your ice cream scoop and place in the freezer-safe airtight container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can also make 6-12 dough balls per freezer bag and put in the ziplock bags.
- Dark chocolate brings a different level of tasty in chocolate chip cookies when mixed, of course, with chocolate chips. You may use any chocolate that you prefer. I love chocolate, but I don’t want chocolate chips to overwhelm the cookie, so this amount we personally prefer. You may add less or more.
- Also, you may add 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts, like walnuts or pecans. In my opinion, nuts are making these cookies even better.
- Baking time is per batch. If you have 3 trays/baking pans to bake and one oven, well it will take for each baking pan to bake 12-15 minutes.
- Brush your baking pan with a bit of butter or oil and line a parchment paper on top. It is so much easier to keep the parchment paper glued on, otherwise, it just rolls and moves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you a fan of Carrot Cake? I enjoy carrot cake, but I am not the biggest fan because most carrot cakes contain a thick layer of frosting, and I wouldn’t say I like frosting. Well, I started making my own because it is so read more
Homemade, easy and delicious Summer Treat Who doesn’t like delicious ice cream in the middle of summer? Heck, we love ice-cream even in the winter time. There is something about crumbled cookies in the ice cream; it gives you just a bit of crunch, more read more
Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better?
I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just so darn tastily!
Summer just started like 5 minutes ago (haha), so I will continue to share more delicious, and I must add, easy ice cream recipes with all of you. Also, I am planning to post a recipe for ice cream that doesn’t use ice cream machine so that way anyone can enjoy it.
At this time I am playing with frozen yogurts, but I haven’t succeeded just yet. As soon as frozen yogurt comes out perfect, I will share a low-cal recipe for that as well.
Anyhow, school here is starting in three or so weeks. I can’t even believe it! We definitely don’t look forward to that day whatsoever. I think it’s too early for kids to go to school at a peak of the summer. That’s just my opinion… but it is what it is. We gotta move on and get ready for the School in August!
I hope you really like this recipe… it is most definitely easy and delicious Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream recipe and a perfect summer treat for you, your family and friends. Okay. I will leave you with this now… Let me know whatcha think?! 🙂
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Easy Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream Recipe
- 16 oz Frozen Fruit split in half, approximately, Berry medley with cherries
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 tbsp. Rum Extract optional (you can use orange extract; tastes fantastic as well)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add half (about 8oz) frozen fruit.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister which you froze prior to transferring the mixture (follow instruction for your ice cream maker); add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream. This is a dish that you will use when the ice cream is done with ice cream machine.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
- Add the remaining fruit to the ice cream and stir. Make sure to slightly defrost frozen fruit so the beautiful colors of berries and cherries could bleed into Ice cream.
- Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop) There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
You can buy fruit individually or all mixed in one bag. You can also use any berries that you prefer.
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and read more