Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any
I really try to make fish and serve it to my family at least once a week. One tip though, always get salmon that is Wild caught, opposed to getting the one that is farm raised.
You would think that they taste the same, and you are getting identical nutrition, but no, there is a difference.
Do not get me wrong, I bought a farm-raised salmon many times, but I try to get wild caught when it is
Atlantic salmon and Pacific salmon look similar on the outside. But between species and even within the same species, each type of salmon can have different flavors, textures, and flesh color.
Again depends on my availability, I switch between Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Now, if the salmon is frozen, try to defrost it. For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 minutes. Once
If you try this recipe or another from my website, please tag me on social media, preferably Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see all your creations and share with everyone else. Thank you so much for all your support!
Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon with skin
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Chopped Dill
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Lemon slices for the garnish
- Wood pellets: MESQUITE or HICKORY
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 325F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, softened unsalted butter, dill, parsley, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously slather the top of the salmon fillet with the mixture and top with a slice of lemon. You may allow marinating for about 10 minutes or so to absorb the mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on the hot grill grate, skin-side facing down.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F and flakes easily, or until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste.
Serve with Lemon slices and perhaps garlic-butter dip
How long do you cook salmon in the oven?
- It will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon, of course. If your filet is thick I’d say about 25 minutes in the oven at 400ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.