You cannot get a meal more simple than these Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it.
My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not use the largest spaghetti squash, we could not finish it so I say one of these serves four people. Especially if you serve it with
We do not consume bread as before and still, this was a pretty satisfying lunch or dinner.
Now, there are a couple of things that you can add like sauteed peppers, celery or addition or onion.
You can chop everything and just sautee before adding meat to the pan. Also, you may like your own tomato or Italian sauce. It is totally versatile and you can use whatever you wish to add.
I just wanted to keep it as simple as possible. We love it just like this so after a couple of requests from you guys, I am posting it on my blog.Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you make my recipe for Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash 2 to 3 pounds
- 1 generous Pinch Salt and Black Ground Pepper
- 1 drizzle Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef 80/20 or whatever you prefer
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder you can saute 1/4 of medium chopped onion instead.
- 1 pinch Salt and ground black pepper each or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs, Blend
- 1 1/2 cup Pasta Sauce any sauce that you prefer
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley for garnish
- 1/4 pound Cheese, freshly sliced of shredded mozzarella, provolone, or mild cheddar cheese works
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop the seeds out using a spoon. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes or until tender. I use a knife or a fork to punch through on the side of the bowl. If tender the squash is done. Remove all the water out of not evaporated, then turn the squash halves on the other side.Add a pinch of Salt and pepper in each just to season it, drizzle with a drizzle of olive oil and allow it to roast for an additional 10-15 minutes at 375F.
- Meanwhile, make a beef sauce by sauteeing ground beef. Remove excess grease if you wish before adding spices and seasoning. To the ground beef add onion powder, Italian herb blend, salt, and pepper to taste. When the meat is cooked and not bloody add about 1 1/2 cup Sauce. I used Beef flavored sauce.
- When the squash is cooked and cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the squash making squash spaghetti stand.
- On the top of spaghetti squash add an equal amount of beef sauce on top, using fork mix it a bit coating spaghetti squash with the sauce, then add cheese. You can also take the spaghetti squash out completely and layer it like lasagna (sauce, squash, cheese, etc.) using skin as a bowl, but I prefer it this way.
- Place it back in the oven and bake uncovered, at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.Enjoy!
You may use ground, minced or diced chicken bites for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.