Classic Beer Battered Fried Fish is easy, simple, and satisfies all the craving for fish and chips. You could defiantly make thicker French fries or steak fries, which reminds me the most of the British chips. My kids are mad about these air-fryer potatoes.…
Category: SEAFOOD MEALS
Quick recipe for easy shrimp and grits. It is the best and one of my favourite comfort food. It also makes an amazing family dinner idea. When I want to make a quick meal for my family this recipe always comes to the rescue. Well,…
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree?
One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; smoked, grilled, poached, baked. It is amazing in baked dishes or sandwiches.
What is your favorite fish?
On the other hand, sheet pan dinner is just phenomenal. You can add chicken, sausage, beef, pork or any other fish. Also, it is fantastic to clean your fridge day when you do not have so much food, but it has to be used.
I have made this dish many times and the best way to not overcook fish was to actually wrap it in foil. If you hate relationship with Alum foil then just use parchment paper.
I cooked it at the same temperature and pulled salmon 10 minutes earlier so it ended up cooking in the foil before serving. It was absolutely divine!
Yes, you can absolutely bake fish on top of your veggies but I found this way tastier.
The whole point of my blog is to inspire you to get back to cooking your own meals, so you can use whatever protein or vegetables you wish to use or whatever is in season.
However, ever since Sitka Salmon Shares announced on their website that we are going to have Salmon in the next shipment I could not wait. I love all their fish.
If you ever tasted then you must agree with me, but since salmon is family favorite we were eagerly anticipating our subscription box to come.
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them. I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska.
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
I hope you try my Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner. If you make this one or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Easy, Delicious and a perfect family dinner.
- 1- 1 1/2 pound Salmon Fillet, defrosted (Wild Alaskan)
- Kosher Salt a good pinch or two, rub on the salmon
- 1-2 teaspoon ground black Pepper
- Lemon slices from 1 lemon
- 1 teasoon dried Oregano
- 5 tablespooms of Garlic-Herb Butter (if available)
- 1 pound New Potatoes, I used red
- 1/2 pound Green Beans
- 1/2 pound Baby Carrots
- 1 pound Broccoli, I used frozen florets
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- Preheat over to 375F
- Defrost salmon, and take it out of the pack. Take a large heavy-duty aluminum foil or parchment paper and then, season salmon with salt, pepper, herbs. Rub on both sides well, then place the sliced lemon on each slice of salmon and a tablespoon of butter. Wrap nicely and prep vegetables.
- Place Salmon to bake at the same time you will bake vegetables.
- Make sure to take it out after 25 minutes. That way salmon will not overcook. It will continue cooking in the foil until it is ready to be served. So do not open it until you are ready to eat or until vegetables are ready.
SHEET PAN VEGETABLES:
- Wash Potatoes and either cut them in half or the quarters.
- Season each vegetable with salt, pepper, and herbs, then place each vegetable next to each other but do not overcrowd the sheet pan. Make sure it is somewhat in one layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 40 minutes in 375F preheated oven.
- If the potatoes need a bit more time to cook, then remove all the other vegetables and allow potatoes to cook additional 2-3 minutes under the broiler (medium temp).
You may use any vegetables that you have or are in season; Cauliflower, asparagus, peppers, cherry tomatoes, etc. Possibilities are endless
You may cook vegetables in the air fryer, but potatoes might take a bit more time to crisp up.
If you do not have garlic and herbs butter available, then just add a pinch more salt, add more dried parsley and a teaspoon or two of garlic powder, that's it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baulia TO809 Digital Countertop Toaster Oven, 12 Inch Pizza 33 Liter Compact Convection Oven | Stainless Steel Even Heat Technology | 9 Pre-programmed One-Touch Functions, 6-Slice, 1600W
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday. If you are like my family…
Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or…
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any
I really try to make fish and serve it to my family at least once a week. One tip though, always get salmon that is Wild caught, opposed to getting the one that is farm raised.
You would think that they taste the same, and you are getting identical nutrition, but no, there is a difference.
Do not get me wrong, I bought a farm-raised salmon many times, but I try to get wild caught when it is
Atlantic salmon and Pacific salmon look similar on the outside. But between species and even within the same species, each type of salmon can have different flavors, textures, and flesh color.
Again depends on my availability, I switch between Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Now, if the salmon is frozen, try to defrost it. For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 minutes. Once
If you try this recipe or another from my website, please tag me on social media, preferably Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see all your creations and share with everyone else. Thank you so much for all your support!
Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon with skin
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Chopped Dill
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Lemon slices for the garnish
- Wood pellets: MESQUITE or HICKORY
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 325F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, softened unsalted butter, dill, parsley, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously slather the top of the salmon fillet with the mixture and top with a slice of lemon. You may allow marinating for about 10 minutes or so to absorb the mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on the hot grill grate, skin-side facing down.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F and flakes easily, or until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste.
Serve with Lemon slices and perhaps garlic-butter dip
How long do you cook salmon in the oven?
- It will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon, of course. If your filet is thick I’d say about 25 minutes in the oven at 400ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Products from Amazon.com
Shrimp Pad Thai, an effortless yet exquisite meal. It’s a shame that a majority of us go for take-out. Just think about how we could make these noodles right at home in less than 30 minutes. I know one thing for sure, this meal will be far healthier. You can use whatever ingredients your heart desires within the making. Well, I have a variety of comfort foods…
Lemon, garlic, and butter are just meant to be part of the shrimp meals. This is our favorite shrimp recipe, plus I totally toss these with creamy pasta. HEAVENLY! These shrimps are fantastic with cauliflower rice, zoodles (zucchini noodles), spaghetti squash or over bowl greens. If none of those is a good option for you, then take a loaf of…
Meals like this are the best. I served everything including this amazing Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon on a couple of wooden boards. It was absolutely incredable and so tasty.
Usually, I make salmon with lemon, olive oil and a generous a month of sea salt and herbs.
However, I am glad that I tested this one because it was very delicious. Of course, as you can see super simple as well.
One of our favorite fish is actually Salmon, or as my youngest one Daniel calls it “pink fish”. I try to make it a few times a month since we all genuinely enjoy eating, plus it is so healthy for us.
The best fresh salmon is Wild Alaskan Salmon. Wild Alaskan salmon is the healthiest salmon available.
The regulated safe fishing practices used to capture the salmon and the wild, natural diet they consume render it healthy for the palate and the environment.
The calorie and fat content in wild salmon is lower compared with farmed salmon.
I would advise you to always ask your butcher if its wild-caught or farm-raised. You may pay a few bucks more but it is so much healthier than farm-raised. Trust me on that one. Plus the taste will be amazing.
I truly hope you all like my Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon as much as we did.
Anyhow, I added my notes below how to smoke fish without a smoker so please do check it out.
If you make Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon or any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
Thank you so much for all your support. Happy Cooking!
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is an Amazon Affiliate. Check my Amazon Store
- 2-4 lbs Salmon fillet with skin deboned
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- If fish is frozen, defrost (Read notes), if not then place fish skin down and add all the ingredients as it goes in the order in the recipe; Rub salt all over fish, even skin. You do not need much salt because we are adding sun-dried tomato pesto and that already has sodium. So about a teaspoon or perhaps a pinch more.
- Now, spoon over the top of the salmon fillet about 3 tablespoonfuls of Sun-Dried tomato pesto, brand of your choice (do not add pesto to the skin, just the top), sprinkle on the top a bit of chopped fresh parsley, but you may use dried as well, just use about 1/2 tbsp instead of 2 tbsp.
- Drizzle olive oil on the top evenly all over the salmon filet and place it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.
- Get the smoker ready (grill or oven works alright as well). Add Cherry pallets, turn the smoker on smoke, and with the lid up, heat it for 4-5 minutes, until the fire is established.
- Place the fish, skin side down on the grill and smoke it for about 25-30 minutes with the lid closed.
- After 25-30 minutes, increase the temperature to 250F and cook Salmon for 30 minutes with the lid closed. Push the tip of the meat thermometer gently into the middle of the salmon fillet at its thickest part and it should read 145 degrees Fahrenheit when fish is done. Take it off the grill and serve.
- I serve this delicious fish with bagels, cream cheese, capers, fresh red onion, pickled red onion, tomatoes, and cucumber. Quick pickled red onions (recipe below) are so delicious and perfect with anything, especially fish.
I used TRAEGER GRILL SMOKER with MESQUITE PALLETS, but you can make it on the regular grill. There are videos to show you how.
Baking it in the oven is the last option and it will not taste bad, just not the same. Maybe adding a couple of drops of liquid smoke to get at least that taste and aroma like fish were smoked.
My Salmon Fillers were slightly sliced into equal parts, not cut through all the way, but if yours is not, you can certainly do that before adding any seasoning or in this case sun-dried tomato pesto for the equal portion-size fillets.
HOW TO DEFROST FROZEN FISH: For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate.
GRANDMAS QUICK PICKLED ONIONS
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced (1/4-1/2 lb)
1/2 cup organic apple cider Vinegar
1 cup Warm Water
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
Combine vinegar, water, olive oil and salt in a medium bowl.
Whisk together until salt is completely dissolved.
Place onion in a jar.
Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit at room temperature on the countertop overnight, with the lid but do not close itÂ completely.
Cover jar completely and place it in the refrigerator for at least a day before eating.
Pickled onions will last for a few weeks stored in the refrigerator.
Take them out of the fridge 10 minutes before eating to bring to more room temp.