Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet […]
Search Results: salmon
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; […]
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any
I really try to make fish and serve it to my family at least once a week. One tip though, always get salmon that is Wild caught, opposed to getting the one that is farm raised.
You would think that they taste the same, and you are getting identical nutrition, but no, there is a difference.
Do not get me wrong, I bought a farm-raised salmon many times, but I try to get wild caught when it is
Atlantic salmon and Pacific salmon look similar on the outside. But between species and even within the same species, each type of salmon can have different flavors, textures, and flesh color.
Again depends on my availability, I switch between Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Now, if the salmon is frozen, try to defrost it. For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 minutes. Once
If you try this recipe or another from my website, please tag me on social media, preferably Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see all your creations and share with everyone else. Thank you so much for all your support!
Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon with skin
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Chopped Dill
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Lemon slices for the garnish
- Wood pellets: MESQUITE or HICKORY
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 325F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, softened unsalted butter, dill, parsley, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously slather the top of the salmon fillet with the mixture and top with a slice of lemon. You may allow marinating for about 10 minutes or so to absorb the mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on the hot grill grate, skin-side facing down.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F and flakes easily, or until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste.
Serve with Lemon slices and perhaps garlic-butter dip
How long do you cook salmon in the oven?
- It will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon, of course. If your filet is thick I’d say about 25 minutes in the oven at 400ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $441.99Was: $499.99
- Price: $8.75
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: $9.99
Meals like this are the best. I served everything including this amazing Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon on a couple of wooden boards. It was absolutely incredable and so tasty. Usually, I make salmon with lemon, olive oil and a generous a month of sea […]
I don’t know about you, but I am a sandwich person.One of top 5 of my favorite sandwiches would be this amazing smoked salmon bagel sandwich. I devour it and to be honest, I could never become tired of eating this kind of summich. I […]
Bibimbap (비빔밥) means literally mixed rice if you translate. Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (chili pepper paste), soy sauce, or doenjang, a fermented soybean paste. A raw or fried egg and sliced meat (usually beef) are common additions. When I say a raw egg, I mean that the rice is served in the hot stone pot (dolsot bibimbap) with piping hot rice, and when you add an egg and mix it, it cooks almost instantly. The hot dish is stirred together thoroughly just before eating.
You have so many different versions that are similar to each other, and it is made depending on the season, as well as the place where you live. A further variation of bibimbap uses a variety of seafood, mostly raw, such as tilapia, salmon, tuna or sometimes octopus, but each bowl of rice usually contains only one variety of seafood or meat. The dish is also very popular among the coasts of Korea, where fish are abundant.
Some facts about Chicken of the Sea that you might do not know:
- Chicken of the Sea® (COS) created National Salmon Day in 2015 as a public service to celebrate the nutrition and heart-health benefits of America’s second-most-consumed fish. October 8 is an annual celebration to commemorate the health, taste, convenience and diverse recipe benefits of wild and packaged salmon. Chicken of the Sea worked with Chase’s Calendar of Events, the definitive, authoritative reference for annual dates and observances, to formalize the national holiday designation in 2016.
- For more information on National Salmon Day, go to www.chickenofthesea.com/salmon. Visitors can receive recipes, serving suggestions and nutritional and meal-planning insights as well as information on the latest new products.
Personally, I always have Chicken of the sea and Minute Ready To Serve Rice in my pantry, simply because they’re delicious and nutritious and second, it’s convenient to eat on the go type of food. When I am feeling low, and slow this also helps me to unwind and enjoy Cooking Free day. I hope you like one of my favorite Bibimbap combinations.
Salmon Bibimbap — Korean Rice Bowl
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 1 Chicken of the Sea® Salmon Flavored Pouch
- 1/4 English cucumber julienned
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Kimchi
- 1/4 Carrot julienned
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Green Onion sliced
- Sprinkle of Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoon Gochujang Korean chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Drizzle Sesame Oil
- Use the microwave to heat the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. Heat the rice according to the package directions.
- Julianne cucumber and Carrot.
- Boil 1/2 cup of water. Drop in spinach, season with a generous pinch of salt. Cook for 10-15 seconds, then take the spinach out and drop into the icy cold water. drain all the liquid completely out. Chop the spinach, and set aside.
- Fry the egg sunny side up on a drizzle of Olive oil, and add a pinch of salt, just to taste.
- Place the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in the bowl.
- Add julienned Cucumber and carrots, on one side of the bowl.
- Add kimchi, chop it and place it on one of the sides of the rice.
- Add chopped Spinach.
- Open up the Chicken of the Sea® Salmon Flavored Pouch, and add it to the rice.
- Add Fried egg on the top.
- Garnish it with a drizzle of sesame oil, chopped scallion, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Add Korean chili sauce on top of the egg, and mix everything before eating.
Arrange colorful toppings nicely all around the rice to look outstanding as a presentation. Instead of the fried egg, you can use omelet.
This post is sponsored by Chicken of the Sea® and Minute® Rice as a part of the National Salmon Day – I am honored to represent Nashville, TN as an official ambassador for the campaign. All opinions, pictures, recipe, and content have been done by me, in my own words except for the resource pages that I was provided, as well as free samples that I was sent to create a recipe of my choice for the purpose of this post.
NASHVILLE (August 25, 2016) – Hold the Hot Chicken and Meat & Three. A study by one of the world’s largest providers of seafood suggests that Nashville locals may actually prefer salmon.
The internal study, conducted by Chicken of the Sea, ranked Nashville among the Top 10 Salmon Cities in the United States. This means that local Nashville residents eat more fresh and shelf-stable salmon per person than their counterparts in other U.S. cities, have the potential to eat more salmon or are more likely to try new salmon products, prepare salmon recipes or order salmon as a meal.
“Despite its reputation for beef and chicken dishes, Nashville is among the most sophisticated seafood markets in the country and home to an increasing number of seafood and salmon lovers,” said Maureen McDonnell, Chicken of the Sea’s director of brand marketing and category management. “We’d like to think that traditional protein lovers in Nashville are more likely to occasionally trade their brisket for a hearty salmon recipe. From a seafood and salmon standpoint, Nashville is a trendsetter.”
This year’s National Salmon Day festivities, include Chicken of the Sea partnering with Minute® Rice in September for the “Salmon Loves Rice Sweepstakes,” and asking the public to use hashtag #NationalSalmonDay on their social media platforms to answer salmon trivia questions for a chance to win a 10-day Alaskan cruise and Chicken of the Sea Flavored Salmon Pouches and Minute® Rice Ready to Serve Rice products.
To help it spread its message of salmon as a healthy lean protein alternative throughout Nashville, Chicken of the Sea is joining forces with The Little Clinic inside Kroger. Dietitians with The Little Clinic will be promoting the nutritional benefits of salmon with its patients around National Salmon Day, providing educational materials and hosting in-store events for Kroger shoppers in select stores.
The company provides a multitude of salmon recipes, serving and meal-planning suggestions on its website, www.chickenofthesea.com, and through its Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram pages.
- Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for lunch (or really any time of the day) because you can eat it on the go. In just 60 seconds, you have a fully cooked, perfect single portion of rice for any meal or snack. You’ll never get bored with your lunch since there are several flavorful and wholesome varieties. Chicken of the Sea flavored pouches is portable, too. Just like Minute Ready to Serve Rice, they’re wholesome and convenient, creating a tasty lunch alternative.
- Try pairing Minute Ready to Serve Rice and Chicken of the Sea Flavored Pouches together for a twist on the standard sandwich, salad or rice bowl. This makes an easy go-to lunch at the office since both products don’t need to be refrigerated and require little to no cleanup.
- If you’re looking for a wholesome or nutritious option, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice and Chicken of the Sea Salmon both provides built-in portion control. Both products are conveniently packaged: Minute Ready to Serve in two individual single-serve cups and Chicken of the Sea is available in a single serving 2.5-ounce pouch.
- Available in many varieties, including all new varieties such as Brown & Quinoa and Basmati Rice, as well as Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice, Multi-Grain Medley, Jasmine Rice, White Rice, and flavorful mixes.
Don’t you just love easy meals, like this amazing Soy Sauce Marinated Wild Caught Salmon? We absolutely love this one, and it is so easy. You guys probably have all the ingredients in your pantry or fridge. The best thing is that you can use […]
I love simple dinners just like this Grilled Glazed Salmon with tasty Mango Salsa. Since its birth in 1911, Mazola has delivered great tasting, high‐quality products for you and your family. Mazola cooking oils are made of 100% pure oil with no additives. The great […]
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting. My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. […]