Supreme Bread Pizza
As a mother of three kids, two teens and one twin, I always look for quick meals just like this delicious pizza. We have this at least once a week on our family movie night. Thankfully, Publix is just around the corner, so we can pick up ingredients pretty fast.
While shopping at Publix, you can grab Bertolli Olive Oil from the oils aisle and freshly baked bread, as well as other key ingredients needed for this delicious recipe. I mean, while you are there, you don’t have to go anyplace else because you can find everything in one spot.
Most of the time I make this gourmet pizza with two types of bread, Italian and French. My boys love it with Publix bakery style French bread, but my lovely daughter and I prefer Italian bread (also found at Publix bakery right next to the deli). So, with that being said, I thought to name this “Supreme Bread Pizzas.”
You can literally use any bread that you have or prefer. I guess that is the beauty of this meal, as well as the point of my blog “Easy Cooking.”
On the other hand, my dear husband does not care; he just loves this pizza.
Simple, easy and delicious dinner idea or
Sunday football treats to share with your loved ones.
I loved using both Bertolli Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 16.9 oz. and Bertolli Olive Oil Extra Virgin Light Tasting Olive Oil, 16.9 oz. For this particular recipe, I chose Bertolli Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it has that amazing flavor that I was promptly going for.
The taste is absolutely delightful! This isn’t surprising, as Bertolli is the world’s #1 olive oil brand and they have over 150 years of experience. You can most definitely visit them to learn more about Bertolli products and get amazing recipes.
Also, make sure to grab a coupon for $2 off 1 Bertolli Extra Virgin or Extra Light Olive Oil 1.5 L (50.72 oz) bottle at Publix. Click right HERE to get a coupon. The bottles have a new look, but the same great taste.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Supreme Bread Pizza
- 1 Bread Loaf Italian or French
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus one more drizzle
- 2 cups Shredded Italian Pizza Blend Cheese
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce Olive Oil + Garlic
- 1 cup Mini Pepperoni
- 14 Hard Salami Slices
- 1/2 cup Black Olive sliced.
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper diced.
- Herbs: Oregano Italian Herb Blend
- Other Ingredients: Prosciutto Olives, Sauce for dipping, etc.
- Preheat standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the bread in half, lengthwise, then drizzle about one tablespoon on each side. Gently press the bread a bit in the middle, just enough to stretch it and make room for the toppings.
- Add on about 1/4 cup of cheese on the bottom of each bread slice, then drizzle tomato sauce. If you want to use more sauce, you can. Add more cheese and the rest of the toppings. I add a bit of cheese first because it is like a barrier, so the bread doesn't get to soak with the sauce.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust is somewhat crunchy, and the cheese is completely melted.
- Allow it to cool down for a couple of minutes before slicing. Drizzle just a bit of olive oil before serving.
You can add a different blend of cheese, sauce, as well as any toppings that you prefer. In the case of the bread: Italian, French, Cuban, flatbread, or slices of homemade bread would work just fine. Before baking, you can wrap it up and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until the pizza is completely thawed and cheese melted.