Summer is not over yet so I have decided to share one more amazingly delicious, nutritious and refreshing beverage — Red Rooibos Iced Tea.
This tea was introduced to me by Dale of The Daley Plate on Instagram. She got the blog now as well so I will link it here.
I just love this girl so much. She is so inspiring and honest. On top, it does not hurt that her food looks like you want to lick your screen right away. She is native to South Africa much like this tea.
She shared a couple of times on her Instagram account and I just couldn’t wait to try it.
Anyhow, back to the tea. Its medicinal attributes have been confirmed by The US Department of Agriculture in Washington, D.C., which has affirmed that red rooibos tea is capable of reducing cancer, heart diseases, premature aging, and other serious conditions.
Red rooibos tea has no oxalic acid and therefore, it can be consumed by people who have kidney stones.
Rooibos tea is rich in many minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese, zinc, magnesium, and alpha hydroxy acid. It also contains antioxidants as well.
Rooibos tea is known to relieve stress, nervous tension, and hypertensive conditions. Hypertension is more commonly known as high blood pressure and rooibos tea acts as a bronchodilator.
However, according to the South African Rooibos Council, rooibos is not a true tea, but an herb.
South Africa is the only country in the world producing rooibos, boasting upwards of 450 growers who produce up to 15,000 tons of rooibos annually.
About 7,000 tons of South Africa’s rooibos are exported to more than 30 countries around the world. Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States are the biggest importers of the herb.
Wow! Read more about this tea at TEA 101 so much information for us tea lovers. I just shared partially from their site.
I hope you try this easy and refreshing recipe because it is truly delicious.
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Summer is not over yet so I have decided to share one more amazingly delicious, nutritious and refreshing beverage — Red Rooibos Iced Tea
- 6 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons loose tea or 4 bags.
- Sweetener to taste; honey stevia, sugar, etc.
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Heat the water until the water is rolling. nearly boiling.
- Place loose tea in the tea infuser or use tea bags.
- Allow it steep for 3-5 minutes. If you like it stronger use more tea.
- Add sweetener to taste. Add while the tea is still hot.
- Let the tea cooled down for 30 minutes or so before serving it over the ice cubes.
- Place the tea in the container and keep it in the ridge chilled for the best-tasting results.
You may use other teas or a few mint leaves to enhance the flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ceramic Tea Kettle Stove Top by Xtrema - 2.5 Quart (10 Cup) Swirl Black Tea Pot with Colored Lid - Firebrick Red
- Circleware 92014 Triple Chalkboard Beverage Dispensers with Metal Stand & Spigot, Fun Party Glassware for Water, Iced Tea, Punch, Cold Drinks, 3-80 oz Mason Jars, Copper-Gold-Silver Chalk Panel
- Long Handle Spoon, 9-inch Ice Tea Spoon, DEALIGHT Premium 18/8 Stainless Steel Iced Teaspoon for Mixing, Cocktail Stirring, Tea, Coffee, Milkshake, Cold Drink, Set of 6 (Heavy Duty)
- Sun's Tea(TM) 20oz Ultra Clear Strong Double Wall Insulated Thermo Wave Glass Tumbler Highball Glass for Beer/Cocktail/Lemonade/Iced Tea, Set of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 10mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 0g