Do you like Cold Brew? Are you buying it all the time? Well, I got to tell you that I stopped buying coffee all together in the coffee shops unless I am meeting a friend. I do not see a point at all when I […]
Every so often you indeed need a break to sit down and positively enjoy a delicate cup of Matcha Green Tea Latte. As you can see, this incredible recipe is super easy and you do not even require any particular equipment. Although if you have […]
Summer is not over yet so I have decided to share one more amazingly delicious, nutritious and refreshing beverage — Red Rooibos Iced Tea.
This tea was introduced to me by Dale of The Daley Plate on Instagram. She got the blog now as well so I will link it here.
I just love this girl so much. She is so inspiring and honest. On top, it does not hurt that her food looks like you want to lick your screen right away. She is native to South Africa much like this tea.
She shared a couple of times on her Instagram account and I just couldn’t wait to try it.
Anyhow, back to the tea. Its medicinal attributes have been confirmed by The US Department of Agriculture in Washington, D.C., which has affirmed that red rooibos tea is capable of reducing cancer, heart diseases, premature aging, and other serious conditions.
Red rooibos tea has no oxalic acid and therefore, it can be consumed by people who have kidney stones.
Rooibos tea is rich in many minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese, zinc, magnesium, and alpha hydroxy acid. It also contains antioxidants as well.
Rooibos tea is known to relieve stress, nervous tension, and hypertensive conditions. Hypertension is more commonly known as high blood pressure and rooibos tea acts as a bronchodilator.
However, according to the South African Rooibos Council, rooibos is not a true tea, but an herb.
South Africa is the only country in the world producing rooibos, boasting upwards of 450 growers who produce up to 15,000 tons of rooibos annually.
About 7,000 tons of South Africa’s rooibos are exported to more than 30 countries around the world. Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States are the biggest importers of the herb.
Wow! Read more about this tea at TEA 101 so much information for us tea lovers. I just shared partially from their site.
I hope you try this easy and refreshing recipe because it is truly delicious.
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Summer is not over yet so I have decided to share one more amazingly delicious, nutritious and refreshing beverage — Red Rooibos Iced Tea
- 6 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons loose tea or 4 bags.
- Sweetener to taste; honey stevia, sugar, etc.
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Heat the water until the water is rolling. nearly boiling.
- Place loose tea in the tea infuser or use tea bags.
- Allow it steep for 3-5 minutes. If you like it stronger use more tea.
- Add sweetener to taste. Add while the tea is still hot.
- Let the tea cooled down for 30 minutes or so before serving it over the ice cubes.
- Place the tea in the container and keep it in the ridge chilled for the best-tasting results.
You may use other teas or a few mint leaves to enhance the flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ceramic Tea Kettle Stove Top by Xtrema - 2.5 Quart (10 Cup) Swirl Black Tea Pot with Colored Lid - Firebrick Red
- Circleware 92014 Triple Chalkboard Beverage Dispensers with Metal Stand & Spigot, Fun Party Glassware for Water, Iced Tea, Punch, Cold Drinks, 3-80 oz Mason Jars, Copper-Gold-Silver Chalk Panel
- Long Handle Spoon, 9-inch Ice Tea Spoon, DEALIGHT Premium 18/8 Stainless Steel Iced Teaspoon for Mixing, Cocktail Stirring, Tea, Coffee, Milkshake, Cold Drink, Set of 6 (Heavy Duty)
- Sun's Tea(TM) 20oz Ultra Clear Strong Double Wall Insulated Thermo Wave Glass Tumbler Highball Glass for Beer/Cocktail/Lemonade/Iced Tea, Set of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 10mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 0g
Do you like Matcha? I just love Matcha Lattes, cold or hot. I wanted to post this recipe for a long time. I even bought these beige (very Instagram hip) cups for this to take pictures for Matcha Latte… I know what you are thinking, […]
This simple smoothie is full of amazing beneficial health properties. It’s a perfect breakfast, snack or after workout beverage.
Do you like pure fruit smoothies or you always hide veggies in? Well, I do it both ways. Most of the time I’d hide powerful greens in there.
However, sometimes I just need to kill that sweet tooth craving when is barking at me, so what’s the best way to intake some of the sugars than unprocessed, healthy fruit.
It is certainly better for you than cookies or any other sweet junk food, so one cup of this kills my sweet tooth craving and to be honest I don’t feel guilty afterward.
It’s sweet, of course, but at the same time refreshing and delightful to drink in the morning or as your afternoon sweet treat, to kind of pick you up.
As you all know, you can also freeze it and have a delicious pop in a couple of hours. With hot summer approaching, I imagine you would love pops with this flavor. By the way, I won a recipe REBOOT contest on Kitchen bowl.
With that being said, I won beautiful Blendtec® Classic 575 Blender in Caribbean Blue color. Isn’t it gorgeous?!
Strawberry, Blackberry Banana & Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup Strawberry
- 1 cup Blackberry
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup Pure Pineapple Juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon seeds chia, hemp, etc.
- Place everything in your blender, and add liquid, ice cubes and seeds of your choice.
- Blend for about a minute, and enjoy!
Are the Fall colors already in your area?I am certainly digging the weather. No more humidity! One more point for Autumn. Haleluha!!! Today is also my 5th year anniversary as a food blogger. Woo-Hoo! I have had ups and downs, but one thing that I […]
Happy mama’s day! I wanted to sleep until noon, and that’s really easier said than done sometimes. I woke up very early, actually a few hours before sunrise and decided to ‘celebrate’ it by working, while my kids are still sound asleep. I can’t really say […]
Summer BREAK!!!! Ah! Please give me a minute to take a deep breath. Seriously, kids are home and I can already feel their presence until they go to bed.
I am really and honestly so, so thankful for teachers and those 8 hours that they spend with our kids in school. Don’t you agree?
So, my oldest one graduated from 7th grade, my girl is finally out of the elementary and ready for 5th grade, and I do have one more who just completed 1st grade.
I was all emotional when school ended, but that feeling soon went away or was it next the morning when they woke me up and called my name at least 100 times in less than one hour…
Oh, yeah! I am pretty sure that I am ready for school to start again!:)
Anyhow…..to skip that part lets write about something else before they start calling me again.
Once upon a time, Starbucks introduced coconut mocha, but they don’t have it anymore and if they do bring it back it is always limited time offer.
I know this is not the same, but the flavor of cocoa and coconut as well as coffee is there so why not try my healthier version at home.
Coconut Mocha Latte
- Skim Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Cocoa-Coconut Oil read notes
- 1 Rib of Chocolate 3-4 squares, milk or dark chocolate
- Sweeten to taste
- If you have a latte/espresso machine make latte as you would usually do.
- In a saucepan, add Coconut Oil with Cocoa, and chocolate, and melt on a low heat until completely melted.
- Once large latte is done pour coconut oil and chocolate over the latte, add sweetener and stir.
- If you do not have a latte machine, then make coffee.
- In a saucepan add milk, Cocoa-Coconut Oil and chocolate, and melt on a low heat until completely melted and start to bubble. You may use hand frothier to froth milk.
- Pour it over the coffee, add sweetener, stir and drink.
You may add Vanilla shots or make iced coffee too, just my adding ice-cubes. You can use coconut milk, soy milk or almond milk, but it does not froth as well as regular milk. If you do not have cocoa-coconut oil: Melt coconut oil and add 1/2 teaspoon coconut powder.
A cup of Java Chai Latte seemed appropriate for the relaxing afternoon break that was really needed. I decided to do Spring cleaning and with three kids that could be a win cleaning or total flop. Cold morning, rain is pouring but beautiful Spring scenery […]