EASY, HEALTHY AND PERFECT BEVERAGE TO HEAL YOU INSIDE AND OUT. My Magical Elixir made with Celery, Ginger and Lemon. Let me tell you all, this is not one of those posts: I drank Celery juice for a week and this is what happened. Nope! […]
DIY Home Remedy to Prevent you get Cold and Flu as well as get over being sick faster. Everyone gets sick, almost every single year. Sometimes even more than once a year, so you need this magical elixir. I posted this recipe last year on […]
Do you like Cold Brew? Are you buying it all the time? Well, I got to tell you that I stopped buying coffee all together in the coffee shops unless I am meeting a friend.
I do not see a point at all when I can make coffee just the way I like it. Plus, I save a few bucks along the way. I love a strong, dark roast coffee so sometimes I really cannot get that taste especially if I get it in the most popular cafes.
Yes, some of them do surprise me every now and then, but not often. I am very picky when it comes to coffee.
Since my daughter and I only drink coffee in our household, I make one batch for two of us. Of course, she does not drink it every single day, so I consume her serving as well. I love making a smaller amount so that way we always have freshly made brew.
Add coffee in the French Press, then add filtered COLD water. Yes, you can add hot water, however, that is when the coffee starts to bloom and release different flavor, even aroma. So when you pour cold water, you will get the lower acidity and some flavor compounds do not come through via cold brewing, which gives it a smoother taste.
At first add a bit of water, like a splash, then mix to make coffee wet, then add the rest. Stir well again! Place the top on but do not push all the way down.
We need to allow the coffee to brew from 12 to 24 hours in the fridge. This is crucial for your cold
When the time comes to consume it, push the filter down and pour it into your glass, preferably over the ice. You may add sweetener and cream, or perhaps enjoy it just the way it is.
Cold Brew Coffee
- 6 tablespoons Coarse Grind Coffee preferably dark roast
- 16 fl oz Filtered Water
- Cream and sweetener as desired
- Add coffee in the French press, then add a splash of water to wet the coffee.
- Mix the coffee to wet it throughout and pour the rest of the water. Stir again!
- Place the top of the French press on, but do not press it down, just lay it on the top.
- Transfer the French press to the fridge and allow it to cold brew for 12 to 24 hours. The more is in the fridge brewing the taste will be stronger. If you do not prefer stronger coffee than you may drink it after 12 hours.
Usually, I make another batch as soon as I am done with the coffee.
You can use a mason jar to make cold brew. Use nut-bag, cheesecloth or fine strainer as a filter.
Products from Amazon.com
Every so often you indeed need a break to sit down and positively enjoy a delicate cup of Matcha Green Tea Latte. As you can see, this incredible recipe is super easy and you do not even require any particular equipment. Although if you have […]
Summer is not over yet so I have decided to share one more amazingly delicious, nutritious and refreshing beverage — Red Rooibos Iced Tea. This tea was introduced to me by Dale of The Daley Plate on Instagram. She got the blog now as well so I will link it here. I just love this girl so much. She is so inspiring and honest. On top, it does not hurt that her food looks like you want to lick your screen right away. She is native […]
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CanYouCoffee #CollectiveBias
Dunkin’ Donuts® has always been the brand to GET PEOPLE GOING AND KEEP THEM GOING, so they can MAKE THE MOST OF THEIR DAY, every day.
We officially started school. It is so hard to get back to the routine again, but with a help of Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Blend Coffee — More of what you love in a convenient new 30oz canister. Anyhow, I am slowly and surely getting back to prepping things at night and waking up very early with only one thought on my mind, which is to inhale that aroma of coffee. Don’t we all wait for that each morning? I mean, coffee lovers, of course.
Just last week when we went school supply shopping, I stopped by Publix and got Dunkin’ Donuts® 30 oz. Canister — new package, but same Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Blend. Since I am the only one consuming coffee in the house, well, sometimes my daughter get a cup of coffee as well, Dunkin’ Donuts® 30 oz. Canister lasts us a long time.
This new Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee (30oz) Canister of the original blend is so convenient and at a great value! It saved me big time because our dear high schoolers start school at 7 am so waking up at 5:30 is crucial. First of all, I am not a morning person, and second, I cannot open my eyes before taking a couple of sips of delicious coffee.
I just love it with something sweet like donuts or some sweet pastry. I am not a breakfast eater, but I must admit that sweet pastry and cup of hot coffee in the morning or It is a match made in heaven. Don’t you agree?
Of course, I love my coffee hot and dark with a drop of sweetener, although I have made iced coffee as well as made my summer frappe using Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Blend. How do I make my favorite coffee you may ask? Well, since I love stronger coffee, I pour nearly boiling water over the coffee grinds in my french press and wait for a bit until the coffee just bloom giving me that amazing aroma throughout the house. The coffee has a crisp, bright flavor, with a pleasant taste that always lingers on my palette.
How do you take your coffee? Do you like munching on some pastry while sipping on a coffee? I would love to hear. I have been drinking coffee for a long time, and my first real job was at the coffee shop where I was packing coffee for a sale. With that being said, I know a good coffee when I taste one, and Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Blend is pretty darn delicious.
Now, this is how I make my coffee in the French press.
French Press Dunkin' Donuts® Original Blend Coffee
- 4- cup French Press or larger
- 27 g 5 Tbsp coffee, coarsely ground
- 2 cups water, just off the boil
- A spoon for stirring
Preheat your press with hot water, including the plunger, then transfer that water by pouring it into your cup. Meanwhile, measure 5 tablespoons or 27 grams of coffee.
- Add to the coffee to the French Press, then start the timer, add water in a circular motion, until the press is half full. Pause for a moment, then 45 seconds in, give the grounds a gentle stir with a spoon.
- Evenly pour more hot water to the top of the press and add the lid.
- Rest the plunger on the grounds for about 5 minutes then slowly push the plunger all the way down.
Do you like Matcha? I just love Matcha Lattes, cold or hot. I wanted to post this recipe for a long time. I even bought these beige (very Instagram hip) cups for this to take pictures for Matcha Latte… I know what you are thinking, […]
Delicious Green Shake for your St. Paddy’s Day with NutriBullet Select How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? As the description says “The feast day for the patron saint of Ireland has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and […]
Is there anything more comforting than cozying up with a cup of hot cocoa during the winter season?
I say, no there is nothing more comforting. While kids are home on the winter break, I made a large jar of homemade hot cocoa mix and we are planning to enjoy it often. You really do not need to buy store-bought hot cocoa when you can make it in matters of 5 minutes and enjoy it all winter long.
I really cherish this time with kids still home. I don’t know how I am going to handle when they all leave my nest. I stayed with them all their life, started this blogging journey just to be here when they need me. There is nowhere I rather wish to be right now than here with three of them close to me, with our favorite animated movie on and a cup of homemade hot cocoa.
Who do you cherish in your life?
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks in advance!!!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
HOMEMADE HOT COCOA
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. Pure Vanilla Powder
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl using Fine Mesh Strainer, pass the cocoa powder through the sieve to get rid of any unwanted lumps.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix it to combine everything.
- Heat milk in the saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa mix for every 8 Fl Oz of Milk stir to dissolve.
- Add Whipped cream or Marshmallows to your cocoa and you are done.
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa mix per 8 FL Oz Milk. Homemade Cocoa Mix could last for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- If you would like to use water, then I suggest adding Powdered Milk (about 2 cups on this amount).
- You can also add 1 tbsp. Instant Espresso Powder to your Hot Cocoa, Dry Mix. It enhances the flavor of chocolate without having too much of coffee flavor. I used Organic Dominican Cocoa Powder -RAW.
- Use Dairy Full Fat Milk, Soy, Almond or Cashew Milk.
It’s mid-September and I am still going strong with smoothies. It’s a great way to intake natural vitamins. Also, it keeps you fuller, happier and healthier. I rather drink one tall glass full of nutrition than pop a vitamin pill and rely on that entirely. […]