This whole combo just fit together like peas and carrots in the pot pie. I just loved everything. I had my niece over for a lunch, and she enjoyed it as well. So, these meatballs are obviously meatless. I don’t know how they did it, but they honestly taste like meat to me. Needless to say, they are so freaking delicious.
I wanted to stay with a completely vegan meal, which is not mandatory since we are not vegans nor vegetarians, however, I wanted to stay with the theme and create our lunch so my family can actually see that vegan lunch can be delicious. I tossed some thawed organic broccoli and cauliflower with these meatballs and made these delicious veggie-packed spaghetti to go with it.
You can find Spaghetti recipe here on my blog. It is olive oil and garlic pasta, and we absolutely love it. Of course, you can eat it just like this, or you may serve it with rice, quinoa or any type of pasta. I am just here giving you a couple of tasty ideas!
MEATLESS MEATBALLS WITH CAULIFLOWER AND BROCCOLI
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 6 Gardein Meatless Meatballs 3 per serving
- 1 cup Frozen Broccoli
- 1 cups frozen Cauliflower
- Sprinkle: Lemon-Black Pepper Seasoning unsalted
- Sprinkle: Red Chili flakes
- Sprinkle: Dried Parsley
- Sea Salt to taste
- A drizzle of Chili Oil
- Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Serve it with SuperGreen Pasta
- Follow meatless meatballs cooking instructions according to a package. I prefer thawing the meatballs then just cooking them defrosted until light brown on a hot oil for a couple of minutes, turning every 30-40 seconds.
- After meatballs are lightly brown toss them with (slightly) thawed Broccoli and Cauliflower. You could use raw, fresh vegetables, just make sure to blanch them just before tossing them with meatballs. Cook vegetables for a minute or two on a medium-high heat.
- Season with seasoning to taste.
KITCHEN TIP: HOW TO THAW FROZEN VEGETABLES: Put frozen vegetables in a colander or a strainer and run cold water over the vegetables until thawed. If you are thawing Spinach or kale, make sure to squeeze out excess water. I finish pasta at the same time I finish this dish so I could serve it together. This is also very easy to cook ahead and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze it for a month. The reason why I do not keep broccoli and cauliflower longer than 2 days: It has a very particular smell if it stands in the fridge for too long. I recommend no longer than 2 days. you can always freeze it and reheat. You can serve this with whatever you wish or eat it on its own. I like this green pasta very much. This is not a sponsored post at all, but if I like a product I like to talk about it even if it is not paid sponsored opportunity.