Nevertheless, this kind of bread is perfect the next day, so since we have leftovers I genuinely enjoyed every little crumb of this bread with my morning coffee or afternoon tea. Additionally, I love baking it in square cake pans because it comes out perfectly baked and far less dense than when I bake banana bread in my loaf bread.
With that being said, if I do bake in my loaf pan, I always use less batter because I consider my middle part a bit more baked (laughing my butt off haha).
No, seriously, have you ever baked banana bread, and it looks superb, but when you slice into the bread, it’s like raw? I can’t even tell you how many times that happen to me so that’s why I switched completely to square baking pans.
Okay, I hope Y’all make this bread and like it…
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS:
Oatmeal Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Delicious Banana Bread recipe. This is a perfect breakfast on a go or you can enjoy it with a cup of Joe.
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats Rolled Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup Brown Sugar preferably dark
- 1/2 cup Honey 3/4 cup Maple Syrup could be used
- 3-4 ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour Non-Stick Square Cake Pan 9x9 or use parchment paper like I did.
- Combine together the flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together until somewhat smooth in texture: bananas (that you previously just smashed with a fork), Eggs, Honey and Canola Oil. I used an electric mixer.
- Now to the wet mixture add dry mixture, combine it together then add chopped walnuts (or any nuts that you prefer), and fold the nuts in the batter.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread (or into the crown of the bread, if you are making a loaf)., and it comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow it to cool completely, or at least for an hour before serving.
This bread is even better the next day, just heat it for 30 seconds in the microwave and you will be amazed. You can also make this as muffins or a loaf pan, although I like it in this type of baking pan because it bakes much better. If you like your banana bread sweeter use 3/4 cup of brown sugar. I liked mine just the way it is, but we all have different tastes. If the honey is too sugary you can place a jar in a warm water for a couple of minutes until the honey becomes soft and smooth in texture.
LOVE, PEACE, AND ROCK-N-ROLL,