I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni.
This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I did not have a recipe on my blog, I received well over 300 messages, all asking for this recipe. It was a madhouse for a good week.
So I re-tested a recipe twice again to make sure. I am not a huge fan of cream cheese addition, but my family really likes it so I will give you an option. You can use it or omit.
You can use this cheese sauce over roasted potatoes, peppers or broccoli. It is so good!
Don’t get me wrong, cream cheese does not make this sauce bad, just I like it better without it.
What makes this meal unique? It’s cauliflower and we all know the hype over this brain food. Also, it is lower in carb and really delicious. Even my kids eat this one and my boys are not fans of cauliflower but they are eating this way.
I feel like even if you eat carbs roasted cauliflower could be mixed with macaroni and cheese. That way you eat a slightly “healthier” pasta.
I always loved cauliflower so I could eat it literally any possible way. Give the cauliflower a chance as well as this yummy recipe. I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but it is really not bad at all.
Also, you have two option on how to prepare cauliflower; roasted on the oven or use your air fryer. It is so easy when you pop cauliflower florets in the air fryer. No mess!
I love my air fryer for real, but you can totally use sheet pan and just roast in the oven. The conventional oven is alright as well, as long as you cook cauliflower.
If you try this recipe for any other from my site please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Easy and delicious side dish. It is perfect with any protein or on its own.
- 2-3 pounds cauliflower
- Salt, ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch or two of herbs such as dried parsley
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipped cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 6 ounces mild cheddar, shredded
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1-ounce mild cheddar, shredded
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Wash and separate cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss it to coat then cook in the air fryer at 375 Fahrenheit for 16-17 minutes or roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400F. Make sure that cauliflower is in one layer on the baking sheet.
While cauliflower is cooking prep for the cheese sauce. You can use pre-shredded cheese but it is so much better if you shred it yourself.
- Now, heat heavy whipped cream on medium heat, then add butter and allow it to slightly melt.
Add cream cheese, black pepper, and turmeric and stir.
- Add shredded cheese then mix it well.
- Keep stirring so the cheese could melt.
- The sauce will start to get thicker. Now, taste it and add salt according to your taste.
- Place cauliflower into the skillet, pour cheese over it, slightly stir to coat then add a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of shredded cheese. Add a good sprinkle of dried parsley.
- Turn the stove off and serve immediately.
You do not need to use cream cheese but according to 5 people, it tasted much better with the cream cheese and two tests.
I never tried placing it overnight in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GreenPan Rio 7" Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Black
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- OMORC 6 quart Air Fryer, Air Fryers, 1800W Fast Large Hot Air Fryers & Oilless Cooker w/Presets, LED Touchscreen(for Wet Finger)/Roast/Bake/Keep Warm, Dishwasher Safe, Nonstick,2-Year Warranty(ME122)
- T-fal C728S2 Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free Scratch Resistant Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe 8-Inch and 10-Inch Fry Pan Cookware Set, 2-Piece, Gold
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622 Total Fat: 51g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 751mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
SANDRA’S EASY COOKING a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking recommended products to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My Amazon Store