I feel like everyone loves quick, easy and fun pasta recipes. So this fall-inspired Mediterranean Pasta Salad falls right into quick, and easy dishes. We love this delicious DaVinci Pasta, you can really taste the quality with each bite you take. I have decided to […]
Search Results: pasta
One of my favorite ways to enjoy stress-free, delicious lunch us by making this amazing, Colorful Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing.
Photo-shoots require some serious brainstorming. I know many photographers that go through Pinterest for example and see what theme would be the best for that particular photo-shoot.
To explain even further, Pinterest is amazing for real. You can make your own secret board. Such as, set the colors, props and what theme is the best, how to set up, inspo pics, so you can see exactly what colors go together or what theme goes perfectly with your dish.
For me personally, I plan all that in my head. Sometimes I need a couple of hours of brainstorming and sometimes I take 5 days until I am completely satisfied.
Yes, I do search for inspo pictures online sometimes when I hit the brick wall, and that is okay. You get inspired, and then you translate that inspo pic, a piece of art into your own creation
On the other note, My BLOG is back, baby! Yes!!!! After 3 weeks of going back and forth, I am finally back. It was HELL, to say the least
I was so stressed that I could not even sleep more than 2 to 3 hours a day. I am so thankful for my little team, the new host who guided me through and of course for your tremendous patience
My heart is pounding with the excitement that I will be able to continue sharing recipes, and that the website will be much faster for you guys.
The hard part is not over! I still have to go through many recipes and adjust pictures, reshoot and correct to match this theme of the website
You may also like:
Okay to cut the story short, I really hope you guys make this recipe and please don’t be shy.
If you make Colorful Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing, tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and use hashtags #sandraseasycooking I would love to see your creations!!!
HAPPY COOKING!!! XO
Easy and tasty pasta salad
- 1 lb 5 Color Pasta Any pasta would be okay; farfalle, rigatoni, campanelle, rotini, 3 color pasta, etc.
- 2 cups Broccoli Slaw
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage also known as purple cabbage
- 1/4-1/2 lb Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 medium Zucchini sliced
- 1 cup Black Olives *optional
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pasta Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 teaspoons Stone Ground Mustard Seeds 1 tsp. Substitute with Stone Ground Mustard or 1½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Salt or to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves lightly crushed with the side of a knife blade and chopped
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Boil a large pot of water and add a generous amount of salt, add pasta and cook according to the package. I like pasta for salads to have a bit of bite so "al dente" is perfect. After the pasta is cooked, drain and run cold water over it. Shake colander and allow pasta to cool down. This is only if you going to use pasta for the pasta salad.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Pasta Vinaigrette Dressing. Add salt to taste. I always start with 1/2 teaspoon. Mix it and set aside.
- Now add to the pasta broccoli slaw, halved tomatoes, sliced red cabbage, zucchini, black olives.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of dressing in the pasta then stir, add the rest of the ingredients and add dressing, a tablespoon at the time until you reach taste that you want.
- Stir well, and serve. Leftovers place in the airtight container and keep refrigerated.
The best way to mix homemade dressing is a glass jar with fitted lid. Not only that you can shake it to combine the ingredients, but also if you don't use it all you can save it for the next time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simple, delicious and easy veggie-packed vegetarian pasta salad is colorful and perfect for upcoming summer days, grilling season and potlucks. My family loves this Vegetarian Pasta Salad, and I make it often especially when we have a family gathering. For those of you that visiting […]
Tomato Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Zucchini is such a comforting meal. Well, is there anything more satisfying than a bowl of delicious pasta? I must admit that my family, including me, couldn’t live without pasta. Actually, this is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. […]
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one more pasta and chicken recipe that I wanted to share with you guys. Well, nobody is certainly complaining at my house, so shamelessly I have decided to post it.
The most popular protein in my house that we eat repeatedly is chicken, plus pasta is always a hit. I cannot lie!
Last week my dear husband, Shone, took me out on a date. Yes, we do dates even after so many years of being together. I think it keep us connected when we do things together even if it’s a dinner out.
Anyways, to cut the story short, I had this Cajun chicken pasta. Well, I hate eating out simply because it is not economical, and I could make a far better dinner for less money. I hope you agree with me on this one.
Well, as I was saying, I knew that I could make it more tasty at home, even though the dish was quite delicious.
I do not want to offend anyone, nonetheless, but pasta and chicken dishes are kind of my thing, so I have nothing further to discuss.
The next few days I had this pasta or idea marinating in my head. I just had to recreate that meal that we had a few nights before.
Nowadays, it is one of those dishes that you will cook often because it’s truly super easy, inexpensive and so delicious.
Similar recipes that you might like:
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes
- Pasta, Cheese with Chicken and Peas
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
If you make my Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta please let me know by tagging me on facebook or Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtags, #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance, everyone, and Happy Cooking!
Easy and tasty pasta dinner for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning to taste for the chicken about 2 teaspoons, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil for the peppers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for the peppers
- 3-4 different color Bell Peppers sliced into strips
- 1/4 Onion sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon or more Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon dry Parsley
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- Cajun Seasoning: Mix it all together and keep it in the glass jar or container with a lid. It should be used within 6 months.
- Boil water for the spaghetti and add about 1 tablespoon of salt. When it boils add pasta and cook according to the package. Do not overcook it. Drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season it with Cajun Seasoning. About 2 teaspoons for everything, but you may add later some more. Heat the pan or a skillet with oil and cook chicken on a medium-high temperature. Turn after 2-3 minutes and keep turning until it cooks through. The internal temp for the chicken breast is 165F. Place it on the kitchen paper towel until ready to serve. Or you can do cook chicken at the same time as pasta/sauce so it all finishes at the same time.
- On the other side, heat the skillet or a pan with olive oil and butter. Add sliced peppers and onion. Cook it for approximately 10-12 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent from burning. You want peppers to be cooked but not over-cooked, so you are looking that they are still holding a form and have a bit of crunch.
- While the peppers are cooking mix roux by combining whole milk with a tablespoon of flour. Mix until there are no more lumps. Yes, you can technically use whipped cream but milk works fine when you mix it with a bit of flour.
- Add ROUX to the peppers and stir. It will start to come together as soon as you see that the milk is heating through. If it's too thick, then just add a splash of milk and stir, otherwise, continue with the next step which is adding shaved parm cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning to give your sauce extra edge. Stir again. It will start to thicken. You may try the sauce to see if you need a bit more salt or other seasonings.
- Add cooked pasta and mix to coat, then add a bit of dried parsley and more shaved parm cheese if you wish.
- Serve it with the cajun chicken immediately.
You may use gluten-free pasta.
Easy-Peasy dinner… Don’t you agree with me?! Once in a while my meals, dinners, in particular, seem to look like this, one pot! Well, if I am being honest, it’s more often than you think. It’s only less demanding and just combines everything into one dish. My […]