Did you ever have Baked Crepes with Mushrooms and Spinach?
Well, I did many, many times before and you have no idea what you are missing.
If you do not wish to make crepes, then use a tortilla, but crepes are so easy yet delicious way to prep your brunch.
It is, different in texture, of course. However, I think it tastes great too. Honestly, my family is not a fan, and sometimes I cannot figure them out at all.
Well, some dishes they really love and some they do not, which is totally fine. I completely understand it and I have no hard feelings whatsoever.
That’s why I test recipes and they taste to see if they like it or not. My house is always full so I have a great feedback regarding my recipes.
My boys are not big fans of cooked mushrooms and spinach so that might be the biggest reason why they do not like these crepes. It’s sad but true!
My daughter, on the other hand, loves it just as much as me. She just prefers it with cheese. Well, who wouldn’t prefer them with more cheese?
They love crepes, sweet and filled with Nutella. I love to inhale a few savory ones before smearing something like strawberry or raspberry jam on them.
If you make my Baked Crepes with Mushrooms and Spinach please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3-4 Crepes depends on the size of your pan
- 2 Tbsp. Cottage Cheese low fat
- 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 Egg large
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 handful of Organic Spinach
- 1-2 large mushroom/s sliced
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit and Oil baking pan/skillet.
- Mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, an egg, salt and pepper to taste. You can use 2 tbsp Feta cheese but watch on sodium.
- Wash both spinach and mushrooms, squeeze as much as you can get rid of the liquid.
- Place one crepe on the baking dish and add one Tbsp. Cheese mixture, put almost squeeze dry spinach and mushrooms, drizzle a little more of the cheese mixture and roll crepe. Continue until you are out of the pan space or crepes.
- Pour equally the rest of the cheese mixture on top of the rolled crepes. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes before serving
You can alternatively use tortillas. If you are going to add FETA cheese, please taste and see if salt is needed. Depending on the oven, this could take up to 35 minutes to bake. You can make more than I did, just make more crepes and/or cheese mixture.
You can use any cheese. I suggest adding real cheese that you shred yourself.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.