Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I took a break from pretty much everything and took a trip with my family. I was like an addict that needs her fix, so I truly needed a break to recharge. I have been working 6 months without stopping, every single day and started to be lost in my own world. Felt like a broken clock. Minutes, hours, days were passing, and I was here like time has stopped. I don’t know if that makes any sense to you at all, but that’s how it felt for me. Sometimes life can be monotone!
As much as I missed online world, undisturbed time off was so necessary and I didn’t bring anything electronic ’cause I would probably spend a few hours working, which was the whole idea to get away from it, so even my phone was off… I know, I am workaholic-multitasker kinda a girl. I tried to sneak into the hotel’s computer that was in the lobby to check emails/messages, and of course, got caught by my oldest kid.
Needless to say, It was a fun trip; morning ocean air, laughter, good food, endless joking, happy faces that made my heart melt and I realized and was reminded again that life is good as long as you surround yourself with people that are positive, that have meaning to you. We all need that support system that will get us through the day, or a week. Kind, warm, cheerful words can give any person a motivation to continue living a happy life.
So, for a few days I’d get up very early, and before sunrise each morning. It is such an amazing experience to watch a sunrise, waves pounding and seagulls making their noises, even though not as pretty, because June is their nesting season, but somehow it felt great. Sunrise or Sunset is like the most amazing things to photograph… And it never gets old. You get that feeling “I am happy to be alive“.
Also, the food was Ahhhh-mazing, but truth to be told, I’ve missed my home-cooked meals, and of course smoothies.
I think smoothies are great even for non breakfast eaters like me. I love making a juice or a smoothie before my morning coffee, because it gives me enough energy to get me through the busy day and the body does need that pure, non-processed food at least one time a day.
What is your favorite smoothie combination?
Watch my video how to make this delicious and nutritious smoothie.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 tbsp. Pure organic Honey *or any other sweetener to taste
- 1 cup of ice-cubes
- 10 FL Oz Milk, (almond, coconut, soy or regular would be fine)
- 1 Tbsp. Flaxseeds *optional
- In a food processor/blender, add: banana, strawberries, honey, ice-cubes, flax seeds, milk.
- Blend for 45 minutes or until everything is combined.
- You can add frozen banana and strawberries if you wish, in that case you can omit the ice.
- Add any sweetener that you like. I added honey, but often I would add sweet milk, sugar or even maple/agave syrup.
- Flax seeds are optional, but it is great to get some extra vitamins in your system.
- Flaxseeds 2 Tbsp. : omega-3 fats 132.9%, vitamin B1 19.1%, copper 18.8%, manganese 17.5%, fiber 15.2%, magnesium 13.7% etc. (Source whfoods.com)
ZOOM OUT THE PAGE TO SEE IMAGES BETTER!
Wishing you an amazing week ahead!