I took a break from pretty much everything and took a trip with my family. Well, I was like an addict that needs her to fix, so I truly needed a break to recharge.
I have been working 6 months without stopping, every single day and started to be lost in my own world. Felt like a broken clock
As much as I missed online world, undisturbed time off was so necessary and I did not bring anything electronic ’cause I would probably spend a few hours working, which was the whole idea to get away from it, so even my phone was off
I know, I am workaholic-multitasker kinda a girl. I tried to sneak into the hotel’s computer that was in the lobby to check email, messages, and of course, got caught by my oldest kid.
Needless to say, It was a fun trip. Morning ocean air, laughter, good food, endless joking, happy faces that made my heart melt. I realized and was reminded again that life is good as long as you surround yourself with people that are positive, that have meaning to you.
We all need that support system that will get us through the day or a week. Kind, warm, cheerful words can give any person a motivation to continue living a happy life.
Furthermore, for a few days, I was waking up very early. Before sunrise each morning. It is such an amazing experience to watch a sunrise, waves pounding and seagulls making their noises, even though not as pretty because June is their nesting season, but somehow it felt great.
Also, the food was amazing, but truth to be told, I have missed terribly my home-cooked meals. Of course, smoothies as well. In
What is your favorite smoothie combination?
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 whole Banana
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Pure organic Honey, or any other sweetener to taste
- 1 cup Ice-cubes
- 8 FL Oz Milk almond, coconut, soy or regular
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseeds optional
- In a food processor/blender, add banana, strawberries, honey, ice-cubes, flax seeds, milk.
Blend for 45 seconds or until everything is combined.
- You can add frozen banana and strawberries if you wish, in that case, you can omit the ice. Add any sweetener that you like. I added honey, but often I would add sweet milk, sugar or even maple/agave syrup. Flax seeds are optional, but it is great to get some extra vitamins in your system.
- Flaxseeds 2 Tbsp. : omega-3 fats 132.9%, vitamin B1 19.1%, copper 18.8%, manganese 17.5%, fiber 15.2%, magnesium 13.7% etc. (Source whfoods.com)
MIXTURE OF FROZEN AND FRESH STRAWBERRIES:
- 1/2 cup frozen 1/2 cup fresh, it gives you beautiful rich color.