One of those nights when you have to feed a hungry family and it is almost time to go grocery shopping.
I stood there in front of the fridge the other night and then pantry and tried to be creative; in the end, went for the easiest dinner that everybody going to eat and not complain as much. C
It took me longer to think what is dinner going to be than to actually cook this. It is very simple as you can see, that even your kid could make.
Yes, it took me 15
This is one of those posts that I am not creative even when it comes to writing. Motherhood and work take most of my time these days and I have to apologize because I am not answering your emails on time, and commenting on your delicious posts.
Even my pictures, which will be updated soon, did not come out the way I originally wanted. However, dinner was delicious!
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 boneless Chicken Breast, skinless cut into bite size
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, blanched from resh you may use steamable broccoli
- 1 pack, box Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A drizzle of Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Pesto
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Cut Chicken into bite size pieces, season it with a little bit of salt and pepper, oil frying or sauteing pan and cook chicken until done -about 5 minutes. Take it on the clean plate and set aside.
- Meantime, boil salted water (1 tsp. Salt) and drop in pasta, let it cook until done.
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets, drop them in with the pasta approximately 20-30 seconds before pasta is done. Drain into colander and shock under cold water (reserve about 1/2 of cut of pasta water)
- Add oil into the pan and put pasta, broccoli, pesto, Parmesan, garlic powder and cooked chicken.
- On medium heat, mix pasta, pour in the pasta water and stir until it’s well combined and coated.
- Add more cheese or pesto if desired.
- Serve immediately!
After pasta is cooled down, you can add it into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat and eat!
You can add mushrooms, peppers and other veggies.