Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice-Cream Recipe
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and store-bought ice cream.
I don’t know how to explain, it tastes much richer and creamier, and I don’t even have to tell you that you know what you adding in your own ice cream so you can get whatever you would like in it.
We have made so many ice creams in the last few weeks, and we loved each every one of the flavors, so I am sharing one by one. Of course, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker or machine but if you have a machine why would you make without it.
Of course, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker or machine but if you have a machine why would you make without it.
I just don’t know why I waited so long to get one. Like I said, it’s not cheap but my family and I have been enjoying this homemade deliciousness very much.
I googled what is number one ice cream in the USA, and believe it or not, Cookies ‘n’ Cream popped as numero uno. To tell you honestly, I was a bit shocked and totally expected something like the chocolate chip or even plain vanilla or chocolate, but nope, it is Cookies ‘n’ Cream.
I am planning to share many more homemade ice creams with you so stay tuned for berry ice cream, matcha, tropical ice cream, chocolate and, of course, the chocolate chip that I just made last night and LOVEEEED it!!
I gotta tell ya, it was delightful. It is definitely creamy, but it got that bite from cookies although it is not overly sweet at all. I read recipes from instructions and so many calls for 2 cups of sugar.
YES!!! 2 cups! I find it a bit too sweet considering that we are adding cookies as well so I use only one cup of sugar for my base on this amount of liquid.
Hey if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Cookies 'n' Cream Ice-Cream
2 quarts ice cream
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 3/4 cup liquid French Vanilla Coffee Creamer sugar-free
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 15 Oreo Cookies + 10 extra
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add 15 crushed cookies.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister and follow instruction for your ice cream maker; add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop)
There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.