You either love matcha or despise it. I love matcha, aka green tea powder. One of my favorite ice creams is Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate. We all know green tea powder is very healthy. It gives us energy without the anxiety, crash or jitters. Make us all younger as well as calms the mind and relaxes […]
Tag: ICE CREAM
Homemade, easy and delicious Summer Treat Who doesn’t like delicious ice cream in the middle of summer? Heck, we love ice-cream even in the winter time. There is something about crumbled cookies in the ice cream; it gives you just a bit of crunch, more […]
Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better?
I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just so darn tastily!
Summer just started like 5 minutes ago (haha), so I will continue to share more delicious, and I must add, easy ice cream recipes with all of you. Also, I am planning to post a recipe for ice cream that doesn’t use ice cream machine so that way anyone can enjoy it.
At this time I am playing with frozen yogurts, but I haven’t succeeded just yet. As soon as frozen yogurt comes out perfect, I will share a low-cal recipe for that as well.
Anyhow, school here is starting in three or so weeks. I can’t even believe it! We definitely don’t look forward to that day whatsoever. I think it’s too early for kids to go to school at a peak of the summer. That’s just my opinion… but it is what it is. We gotta move on and get ready for the School in August!
I hope you really like this recipe… it is most definitely easy and delicious Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream recipe and a perfect summer treat for you, your family and friends. Okay. I will leave you with this now… Let me know whatcha think?! 🙂
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Easy Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream Recipe
- 16 oz Frozen Fruit split in half, approximately, Berry medley with cherries
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 tbsp. Rum Extract optional (you can use orange extract; tastes fantastic as well)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add half (about 8oz) frozen fruit.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister which you froze prior to transferring the mixture (follow instruction for your ice cream maker); add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream. This is a dish that you will use when the ice cream is done with ice cream machine.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
- Add the remaining fruit to the ice cream and stir. Make sure to slightly defrost frozen fruit so the beautiful colors of berries and cherries could bleed into Ice cream.
- Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop) There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
You can buy fruit individually or all mixed in one bag. You can also use any berries that you prefer.
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and […]
With Summer knocking on our doors, I thought to start testing ice cream recipes. I got to tell you that it has been a dream to make ice cream, and every year I just go the easy way out – drive to the store and buy a couple of different ice creams. It is also a cheaper way to buy the store-bought, but I the quality and the taste […]