Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Do you like Bread Puddings? What flavor combination is your absolute favorite? Bread pudding, which I typically call sweet breakfast casserole, is the best creation. Whoever invented this is an absolute genius. My family genuinely loves it so much. I cannot even begin telling you how this entire pan was gone in less than 10 minutes. Ahh! Le Sigh! This was the time when I still ate carbs and sweets. I precisely remember waking up…
Are you a fan of Carrot Cake? I enjoy carrot cake, but I am not the biggest fan mainly because most of the carrot cakes contain a thick layer of frosting, and I don’t like frosting so I started making my own. To be honest nobody in my family likes frosting unless it’s whipped cream cheese and preferably homemade cream cheese based frosting.
If I make a real cake, which is extremely rare, but if I happen to make a nice cake usually we use whipped cream instead of the frosting because it tastes so much better. On the other hand, carrot cake and cream cheese frosting just go together. Don’t you agree?
I had quite many notorious bakers in a family that I grew up with. They would bake their heart out, and me, well I know how to make rolls, pies, bread, and things of that nature. Cakes? Cakes are not my niche, although I merely improved, I still can’t decorate for shit. This is a simple cake, and that’s what I genuinely like the most — Cup of coffee and a simple slice of cake to make my day! These bars are so delicious. Sometimes I add seeds and oats, or maple syrup instead of sugar. I hope you guys like it as much as we did.
HOMEMADE CARROT CAKE BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 lb Grated Carrots strain, and pat dry
- 1 cup Crushed Pineapple drained (reserve juice)
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 cup packed light Brown sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Vegetable or Canola oil
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup Raisins, golden and black or whatever kind you have Soaked in Pineapple or Orange juice, rum if you prefer
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese chilled
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar sifted after measuring
- 2 tablespoons pure Vanilla Extract
- Walnuts, Pecans or Almond for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and eggs until thick and pale. Stir in the oil, then gradually mix in the sifted dry ingredients. Fold in the carrots and nuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Drizzle a few tablespoons of cold pineapple juice over the cake a allow it to cool down completely. When cool, slice it in half and add your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting. I just mix ingredients for cream, cheese frosting until creamy.
FROST THE CAKE:
Place 1 cake layer on a large plate and cover the top with about 1/3 of the frosting. Invert the second layer on top of the frosted bottom layer so that the flat side (the bottom) is on top. Spread the remaining frosting on the sides and top of the cake, if you wish. If you used walnuts or pecans in the cake, sprinkle the frosting with a few tablespoons of lightly toasted chopped nuts. Also, I sliced the cake in half and added a thin layer or the frosting in between. It is not necessary, but it tasted great.
Before serving, slice the cake into equal squares and serve as bars.
TIPS Don't over-mix or let your cake sit too long. Baking soda reacts immediately so if you over-mix or leave it around, the gas will escape and your cake will be flat. Use the good pans. Line the bottom of your layer pans with wax paper or parchment paper. To make a bundt, bake at 325 for 75-90 minutes.
Homemade, easy and delicious Summer Treat Who doesn’t like delicious ice cream in the middle of summer? Heck, we love ice-cream even in the winter time. There is something about crumbled cookies in the ice cream; it gives you just a bit of crunch, more…
Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better? I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just…
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and store-bought ice cream.
I don’t know how to explain, it tastes much richer and creamier, and I don’t even have to tell you that you know what you adding in your own ice cream so you can get whatever you would like in it.
We have made so many ice creams in the last few weeks, and we loved each every one of the flavors, so I am sharing one by one. Of course, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker or machine but if you have a machine why would you make without it.
Of course, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker or machine but if you have a machine why would you make without it.
I just don’t know why I waited so long to get one. Like I said, it’s not cheap but my family and I have been enjoying this homemade deliciousness very much.
I googled what is number one ice cream in the USA, and believe it or not, Cookies ‘n’ Cream popped as numero uno. To tell you honestly, I was a bit shocked and totally expected something like the chocolate chip or even plain vanilla or chocolate, but nope, it is Cookies ‘n’ Cream.
I am planning to share many more homemade ice creams with you so stay tuned for berry ice cream, matcha, tropical ice cream, chocolate and, of course, the chocolate chip that I just made last night and LOVEEEED it!!
I gotta tell ya, it was delightful. It is definitely creamy, but it got that bite from cookies although it is not overly sweet at all. I read recipes from instructions and so many calls for 2 cups of sugar.
YES!!! 2 cups! I find it a bit too sweet considering that we are adding cookies as well so I use only one cup of sugar for my base on this amount of liquid.
Hey if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Cookies 'n' Cream Ice-Cream
2 quarts ice cream
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 3/4 cup liquid French Vanilla Coffee Creamer sugar-free
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 15 Oreo Cookies + 10 extra
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add 15 crushed cookies.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister and follow instruction for your ice cream maker; add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop)
There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
With Summer knocking on our doors, I thought to start testing ice cream recipes. I got to tell you that it has been a dream to make ice cream, and every year I just go the easy way out – drive to the store and buy a couple of different ice creams. It is also a cheaper way to buy the store-bought, but I the quality and the taste…
Hello lovely people! Sometimes a girl just wants a nice slice of cake without feeling guilty. This is not a sponsored post by any means but I wanted to share a recipe using “Pereg Banana Flour.” I received a box of Pereg flour to try, and banana flour just called my name. I have never worked with Banana Flour so I was…
Cheesecake Cinnamon French Toast Rolls are an easy and amazingly delicious sweet treat that your family and friends, guests, or neighbors going to love.
I cannot even tell you how fast these got eaten. Literally, I turned around and trayful was gone. Needless to say, my kids really love these golden cinnamon beauties.
My husband orders these by weekly, with Nutella most of the time though. However, I got to tell you Cheesecake Cinnamon French Toast Rolls are the bomb.
Who would have thought that a simple toast bread could have such an amazing purpose other than serving as a slice of sandwich bread?
I have made a pizza roll with it as well as ham and cheese rolls, so if you have some toast on hand please test it.
Anyhow, you all know how much I love versatile recipes?! This one is not much different because you can fill these with whatever you want; Nutella, Nutella and peanut butter, a good fruit jam, lemon curd, cream cheese and fresh fruits such as blueberries, etc.
Well, these are sweet, but not overly sweet so everyone really could enjoy them. Of course, you can adjust the sugar depending on how much you personally like. I do not like too sweet unless I am eating baklava.
You can dip them in lemon sugar, coconut sugar or vanilla sugar. SEE!!! I told you it’s versatile and extremely simple as well. I hope you guys try this delicious recipe.
If you make Cheesecake Cinnamon French Toast Rolls or any other recipe from my blog please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtags #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see and share your creation with everyone else. Thank you so much in advance!
Cheesecake Cinnamon French Toast Rolls are an easy and amazingly delicious sweet treat that your family going to love.
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 large Eggs mixed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 pack softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sugar until creamy and smooth in texture. Place in the fridge to set and until ready to be used.
- Cut the crust from each slice of bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
Place about 1-2 teaspoons of filling about half inch from one end of the bread in a strip. Roll the bread up tightly and repeat with the remaining pieces of bread.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Then mix eggs in the bowl.
- Place baking sheet (use parchment paper or nonstick alum foil), next to the baking sheet, place a bowl of mixed eggs and right next to the eggs place a large plate with sugar and cinnamon so it is easier to move from one step to the other.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture, coating well, then dip them in the sugar-cinnamon mixture coating it completely.
- Transfer the rolls to the baking sheet, seam side down.
- You can cook in batches or use two baking sheets if you have more than 10 rolls.
- Bake until golden brown for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
CAUTION! Allow them to cool down for at least 5 minutes before serving and eating because the filling is extremely hot. Double the recipe if you going to make more.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple Cinnamon Waffles with Apple Compote is so amazing and perfect for this cooler, autumn weather. I just love my weekend to start on a happy note. Preferably with warm waffles or pancakes, and a hot cup of coffee. I made these more than a…