I know that all of you love Fluffy Pancakes, but Fluffy Cream Cheese Pancakes are even better.
My family went bananas over these. Yes, even I tried them because of YOLO! Well, the verdict is that I absolutely loved them. Then again, there is no pancake that I have not liked.
On the other thought, I made these “Keto” pancakes with almond flour, and it was not a pancake. In my humble opinion, it was cornbread hot cake? Perhapsâ¦ question mark, question mark.
Haha, it was really questionable in form of pancake. By the way, I do love cornbread, but with almond flour, it was just weird.
Anyhow, the good news is that these are not even close to cornbread. These are delicious, fluffy and super easy. I will have one more recipe for pancakes soonâ¦ meantime, please do enjoy these.
I will not drag this post because to be quite honest I have been under major writer block. I have so many recipes to share and nothing valuable or informative is coming out of me.
Definitely not the time to have a writer block because grilling season is coming and have amazing recipes for that.
Ahh! Hopefully, it will all come back to me. I just need to get inspired, ’cause my inspiration at the moment is down the toilet. So I apologize for a rather plain and boring post. At least this recipe is
Check my Amazon Store. As an Amazon Affiliate, I add items or products that I like and recommend.
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar or any other sweetener I used Swerve
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 large Eggs separated yolks, and egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Ghee or unsalted butter for the skillet
- Whisk together dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: egg yolks and the buttermilk. Add the cream cheese and mix until combined (the mixture will look broken). Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Combine everything together by adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. I like use electric mixer to make these as smooth as possible
- Now, In another bowl, using electric mixer mix the egg whites with a splash of apple cider vinegar until soft peaks form, then gently fold into the pancake batter. This will make pancakes fluffy.
- Heat a cast-iron pan or a skillet over medium heat then brush with melted butter or ghee.
- Drop the batter into the pan by 1/3-1/4 cup, leaving space between each pancake. It's good to have measuring cup close and use it as a ladle.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom and just starting to dry a bit on top, adjusting the heat as necessary so the pancakes do not get too dark about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the reverse side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the finished pancakes to the baking sheet or a platter. You can keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with whatever you desire; fresh fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup or honey, jam, etc.
For the low carb you may use Almond flour. I must add that they do not taste like traditional pancakes, more like cornbread. However it is a great way to satisfy the cravings.