You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread.
When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean up my act and start the most strict form of carb cleanse because I felt like I was out of control.
Have you heard of Keto Bread? I am almost certain that you all probably heard about it, so I just made my version of the same bread.
You guys know that I was baking a homemade bread almost every single day. If not bread than some kind of rolls, focaccia or flatbread.
I am one of those people that would eat heartily bread with pasta. Yup! Guilty as charged… but that was it! It was a time for me to change.
Well, I am entering my fourth week and I feel freaking fantastic. I lost lots of inches, a nice chunk of weight for a beginner, not too much like some people, but it is going slow and steady which I like the most.
My sleep and energy level drastically improved, I no longer snore, I have far
I know we all have different success and even failures, some see amazing results in the shorter period of time and for some of us takes time. That’s okay. We are all different and unique.
What can I say? I have never felt better, however, yes, I missed bread the most so I made my own. We tried to experiment for a week with it, and I think this is it. I absolutely love this version.
The first one that I made was too eggy and buttery, so I dropped to six room temp eggs, added ghee instead of coconut oil and used a bit of sour cream to make it rise up a bit more.
My family wanted to support me so they join Keto Fun as well. So now, I need one fridge just for bacon and eggs because they literally ate over the weekend my week supply of both.
Also, they sincerely love this bread as well and it was gone for lunch. Like, seriously?! I could eat this bread all week long. LE SIGH!
Anyhow, It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste… Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. With that being said, please, comment and tag me if you make it
P.S. I am affiliated with Amazon so those links below in my recipe form I linked personally. It is not an ad but purposely added a link by me.
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website.
- 200 g Almond Meal Roughly 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Guar Gum or 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Ghee softened
- 30 g Unsalted Irish Butter room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp. Whole Sour Cream
- 6 Large Organic Eggs Simple Truth, Cage Free, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Measure everything, mix eggs, and softened ghee and butter.
- Combine one by one, start with almond meal flour, then add baking powder, salt, guar gum or xanthan gum; Mix it then add, butter/ghee, sour cream, and eggs.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or just lightly grease a nonstick baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is golden on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and slide on the cooling rack. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure it is in the airtight container or ziplock type of bag
Use Room Temp Eggs. Just leave them on the countertop for 15 minutes or you may drop them in the warm water for 5 minutes to warm up. The bread turns much better.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g