I love Air Fryer Bone-in Ribeye Steak. To be honest, I have no idea how did I ever live this long without an air-fryer. It is the best invention, and I am in love with it ever since we got it. We made so many […]
If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name. […]
I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni.
This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I did not have a recipe on my blog, I received well over 300 messages, all asking for this recipe. It was a madhouse for a good week.
So I re-tested a recipe twice again to make sure. I am not a huge fan of cream cheese addition, but my family really likes it so I will give you an option. You can use it or omit.
You can use this cheese sauce over roasted potatoes, peppers or broccoli. It is so good!
Don’t get me wrong, cream cheese does not make this sauce bad, just I like it better without it.
What makes this meal unique? It’s cauliflower and we all know the hype over this brain food. Also, it is lower in carb and really delicious. Even my kids eat this one and my boys are not fans of cauliflower but they are eating this way.
I feel like even if you eat carbs roasted cauliflower could be mixed with macaroni and cheese. That way you eat a slightly “healthier” pasta.
I always loved cauliflower so I could eat it literally any possible way. Give the cauliflower a chance as well as this yummy recipe. I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but it is really not bad at all.
Also, you have two option on how to prepare cauliflower; roasted on the oven or use your air fryer. It is so easy when you pop cauliflower florets in the air fryer. No mess!
I love my air fryer for real, but you can totally use sheet pan and just roast in the oven. The conventional oven is alright as well, as long as you cook cauliflower.
If you try this recipe for any other from my site please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Easy and delicious side dish. It is perfect with any protein or on its own.
- 2-3 pounds cauliflower
- Salt, ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch or two of herbs such as dried parsley
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipped cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 6 ounces mild cheddar, shredded
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1-ounce mild cheddar, shredded
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Wash and separate cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss it to coat then cook in the air fryer at 375 Fahrenheit for 16-17 minutes or roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400F. Make sure that cauliflower is in one layer on the baking sheet.
While cauliflower is cooking prep for the cheese sauce. You can use pre-shredded cheese but it is so much better if you shred it yourself.
- Now, heat heavy whipped cream on medium heat, then add butter and allow it to slightly melt.
Add cream cheese, black pepper, and turmeric and stir.
- Add shredded cheese then mix it well.
- Keep stirring so the cheese could melt.
- The sauce will start to get thicker. Now, taste it and add salt according to your taste.
- Place cauliflower into the skillet, pour cheese over it, slightly stir to coat then add a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of shredded cheese. Add a good sprinkle of dried parsley.
- Turn the stove off and serve immediately.
You do not need to use cream cheese but according to 5 people, it tasted much better with the cream cheese and two tests.
I never tried placing it overnight in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GreenPan Rio 7" Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Black
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- OMORC 6 quart Air Fryer, Air Fryers, 1800W Fast Large Hot Air Fryers & Oilless Cooker w/Presets, LED Touchscreen(for Wet Finger)/Roast/Bake/Keep Warm, Dishwasher Safe, Nonstick,2-Year Warranty(ME122)
- T-fal C728S2 Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free Scratch Resistant Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe 8-Inch and 10-Inch Fry Pan Cookware Set, 2-Piece, Gold
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622 Total Fat: 51g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 751mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
SANDRA’S EASY COOKING a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking recommended products to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My Amazon Store
These days I spend experimenting with low carb bread recipes. So, that’s how this easy low carb and I might add keto friendly savoury scones are born. I dearly miss bread, so I had to come with something to satisfy my bread cravings. When I […]
You cannot get a meal more simple than these Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not […]
Delicious Broiled Flank Steak! How do you like it, rare, medium-rare or well done?
I am medium rare to a well-done type of person… or at least somewhere in between.
I desperately wanted to grill this one the other day or at least smoke it.
Well, the continuous rain kept me from doing it, so the next best thing was grilling it under the broiler.
The fragrant spices were perfect, and it tasted really tasty.
You know Flank Steak could be a bit chewy or tough, but I think it depends on where you buy your meat, as well as how old it was.
The flank makes a mean fajita, and it’s also an excellent choice for bibimbap, stir-fries, or even Philly cheesesteak.
It is just so delicious that I could eat it every other day.
I got to say that this method of cooking a steak is popularly called London Broil.
Tougher pieces of meat, commonly, flank or top round steak, are left to marinate overnight.
Then you should be broiled under high heat and served by thinly slicing the meat across the grain.
I typically served it low carb for my family. Well, my kids had bread, of course. We are carb lovers after all.
However, my lovely husband and I enjoyed it with some oven-roasted ranch cauliflower cooked in steak dripping.
The other dish was sauteedÂ cabbageÂ in garlic Alfredo sauce, which was perfect. Needless toÂ say, weÂ inhaledÂ this delicious meal.
If you follow Low-Carb Diet this meat is perfect. You can combine it with cabbage like I served my air-fryer ribs or cauliflower, maybe a bowl of greens.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affiliate
If you use my recipe to make this tasty Broiled Flank Steak, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking
Tasty and easy recipe for Broiled Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Flank Steak
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice Lime juice, Vinegar, or similar acid for tenderizing the meat
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated or pressed in a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon per side Grill/Barbecue Spices
- Coat the flank steak with marinade: Place the steak in a shallow dish, like a 9×13-inch baking dish. Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the steak. Rub the marinade into the steak and flip the steak once or twice in the dish to coat.
- Marinate for about 3 hours (it can marinate overnight in the fridge, covered). Cover the dish and place the steak in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Turn the steak occasionally maybe after minutes. If you leave it overnight try to flip after a couple of hours.
- Heat the broiler and prepare the pan: Set your broiler to its highest setting. Place an oven rack a few inches below the broiler element.
- Drizzle the pan with oil and place the steak on.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, shake off the excess, and place it in the middle of the broiler pan. Place the pan it under the broiler. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side. This all depends on your taste; rare, medium rare or well done.
- The steak is done when the edges are a bit charred and crispy, and you see some dark searing on the top. Using your meat thermometer, check the temperature in the thickest part with an instant-read thermometer: 115F to 120F for a rare steak, 120F to 125F for a medium-rare steak, and 140F to 145F for medium-well steak.
- Note that If additional cooking is needed, cook for another minute or two for every 10 degrees needed; transfer the steak to the oven if it’s becoming too crisp on the edges.
- This is a very important part Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into very thin slices using a sharp knife, cutting against the grain. Transfer the slices to a serving platter, then pour the juices from the pan and cutting board over the meat and toss to coat.
Grilled Flank Steak: Instead of broiling, you can also grill flank steak over very high heat on a gas or charcoal grill. The cooking times are the same.
You may marinate this from 3 hours to overnight. The Flank steak takes marinates very well so it will tenderize.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy, Delicious, Mini Keto Everything Bagels. Let’s just make something clear here… These are not, and I repeat precisely, these are not your traditional bagels. Now that I got that off my chest, let me continue. When I started this Keto lifestyle, I missed nothing […]
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread.
When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean up my act and start the most strict form of carb cleanse because I felt like I was out of control.
Have you heard of Keto Bread? I am almost certain that you all probably heard about it, so I just made my version of the same bread.
You guys know that I was baking a homemade bread almost every single day. If not bread than some kind of rolls, focaccia or flatbread.
I am one of those people that would eat heartily bread with pasta. Yup! Guilty as charged… but that was it! It was a time for me to change.
Well, I am entering my fourth week and I feel freaking fantastic. I lost lots of inches, a nice chunk of weight for a beginner, not too much like some people, but it is going slow and steady which I like the most.
My sleep and energy level drastically improved, I no longer snore, I have far
I know we all have different success and even failures, some see amazing results in the shorter period of time and for some of us takes time. That’s okay. We are all different and unique.
What can I say? I have never felt better, however, yes, I missed bread the most so I made my own. We tried to experiment for a week with it, and I think this is it. I absolutely love this version.
The first one that I made was too eggy and buttery, so I dropped to six room temp eggs, added ghee instead of coconut oil and used a bit of sour cream to make it rise up a bit more.
My family wanted to support me so they join Keto Fun as well. So now, I need one fridge just for bacon and eggs because they literally ate over the weekend my week supply of both.
Also, they sincerely love this bread as well and it was gone for lunch. Like, seriously?! I could eat this bread all week long. LE SIGH!
Anyhow, It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste… Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. With that being said, please, comment and tag me if you make it
P.S. I am affiliated with Amazon so those links below in my recipe form I linked personally. It is not an ad but purposely added a link by me.
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website.
It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste…Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
- 200 g Almond Meal Roughly 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Guar Gum or 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Ghee softened
- 30 g Unsalted Irish Butter room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp. Whole Sour Cream
- 6 Large Organic Eggs Simple Truth, Cage Free, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Measure everything, mix eggs, and softened ghee and butter.
- Combine one by one, start with almond meal flour, then add baking powder, salt, guar gum or xanthan gum; Mix it then add, butter/ghee, sour cream, and eggs.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or just lightly grease a nonstick baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is golden on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and slide on the cooling rack. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure it is in the airtight container or ziplock type of bag
Use Room Temp Eggs. Just leave them on the countertop for 15 minutes or you may drop them in the warm water for 5 minutes to warm up. The bread turns much better.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g
Spiral Zucchini Noodles = ZOODLES Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes absolutely amazing, which my daughter calls it “Vegethi“, as a Vegetable-Spaghetti combined together. My kids loved it, my husband is over the moon, which is pretty crazy considering that he might be one person who could love pasta more […]