If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name. […]
I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni. This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I […]
These days I spend experimenting with low carb bread recipes. So, that’s how this easy low carb and I might add keto friendly savoury scones are born
I dearly miss bread, so I had to come with something to satisfy my bread cravings. When I just started with Keto, I was definitely doing a clean version, but two months into it I switched to more of a dirty keto diet.
Now, full 5 months into it, I am still doing intermittent fasting, and eat low carb but not as restricted. I must say that I do feel good!
So, I am planning to continue with this lifestyle because it helped it in so many ways. Not only that I lost weight, but my sleep improved, mood, skin, hormones, etc. Also, got so much more energy. When I say that I feel good, I really do.
I am planning in the near future play with the low carb tortillas because why not, right? All I need is a tortilla press and I am good to go. There is always something that I need. It is not even a joke.
Anyhow, I hope you guys like these scones. I am trying to add nutritional information under each recipe, BUT it will take some time since I am doing it manually. Well, there is no other way.
Meantime, if you have any questions, please do ask. I am always here to answer. I am working really hard to correct things since the website transfer. It is going slowly, but I rather do it correctly then mess anything.
Easy Low Carb Savoury Scones: 4.1 NET CARBS PER ONE SCONE
These days I spend experimenting with low carb bread recipes. So, that's how this easy low carb and I might add keto friendly savoury scones are born.
- 200 grams of Almond Flour, Flour Bob's Red Mill, 2 cups
- 80 grams Flaxseeds Flour, Organic Flax Plus, approx. 3/4 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Organic Whole Raw Eggs
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Irish Butter Unsalted, Kerrygold
- Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C and line your baking pan with parchment paper or Silicone non-sticking baking mat.
- Add salt, baking powder and baking soda to the almond flour and flaxseed meal, then mix it.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. If you are doing low carb, especially Keto measures your ingredients.
- Oil or water your hands and make equal size dough patties, about 1/4 inch thick. Note that oiling or making your hands a bit wet will be easier to form these scones.
- Bake the scones for about 20 minutes. Serve warm!
After they are cooled down you may place them in the airtight container with the fitted lid and keep in the fridge. You may also heat these scones or toast before eating.
I make 6 because higher calories support my diet, but it can be easily adjusted to 8.
SANDRA’S EASY COOKING a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking recommended products to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My Amazon Store.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306 Total Fat: 27.9g Saturated Fat: 8.4g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 175mg Carbohydrates: 9.4g Fiber: 5.3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 9.9g
You cannot get a meal more simple than this deliciously stuffed spaghetti squash boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not use the […]
Delicious steak! How do you like it, rare, medium-rare or well done? I am medium rare to a well-done type of person… or at least somewhere in between. I desperately wanted to grill this one the other day or at least smoke it, but the […]
Easy, Delicious, Low Carb Mini Bagels
Let’s just make something clear here… These are not, and I repeat precisely, these are not your traditional bagels. Now that I got that off my chest, let me continue.
When I started this Keto lifestyle, I missed nothing more than
With that being said, the other day I was like “man, I wish I had some bagels with this deliciously whipped cream cheese” so I made my own.
No, they are not fluffy, sink gracefully your teeth into the doughy deliciousness, but they do their outstanding job, which is replacing or better said substituting the original and hitting the spot at the same time.
I set myself a goal that I will do this Keto thing for 15 days, then extended to a month, now I have changed my mind yet again and I will go to 3 months.
Willingly allowing myself every now and then a little cheat day or rather a food item such as apple pie, banana cream pie or a bowl of real mashed potatoes.
Delicious potatoes! Oh, yes! I miss potatoes the most, but cauliflower somewhat replacing it, if I close my eyes and really believe it’s a cheesy potato. haha
Jokes on the side, so far it has been undoubtedly a really good experience. These are extremely easy bagels. I got this pan for baked donuts so these bagels are on the mini side; that’s why we can eat two of them per serving.
You can find two sizes of these pans, so I picked up a larger one. I don’t actually know if anyone selling a full-size bagel pan.
I wish I knew they had them on AMAZON cause it would save me considerable time looking for it.
Anyhow, I really hope y’all like this one because it literally is saving me not to go back to eating loads of carbs.
Also, I received Pereg ”Everything but the Bagel” Seasoning. In love with it! Usually, I would make my own but I must say it was really tasty. We totally recommend it!
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. Please comment and tag me if you make it, or just post a pic and tag me @sandraseasycooking on the Instagram, so I can re-post in my instastories. I really want your feedback; good, bad and ugly! Can’t wait to see your creation. Thanks!!!
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affilate
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website. I am still building my Amazon store so bear with me.
KETO EVERYTHING BAGELS
This batch makes 8 mini bagels
- 3 Cage Free Large Brown Organic Eggs separated
- 1/8 teaspoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Bragg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Super Fine Almond Meal Flour 128g
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream All Natural
- 3 tablespoons Organic Unsalted Butter room temp
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- .Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Mix Yolks with Sour cream, butter, and salt; set aside
- Mix Egg whites with a drop or two of Apple cider Vinegar.
- Combine the two by folding.
- To the almond meal add baking soda, mix and fold into the eggs.
Add into “donut” tin, then sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning, if desired.
You can use a spoon or piping bag. I used a ziplock bag and it worked just fine to get the batter into the donut cups without a mess. Fill the bag, close, get the air out and then cut the corner with scissors.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- You may make bigger bagels. I fill the donut cups 3/4 which gives just enough room for them to rise. They will not rise too much, but baking soda gives them a small amount of sponginess.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is an amazing addition, plus it replaces cream of tartar wonderfully.
- In regard to almond flour, I measured it in the measuring cup, 1 cup, and then I used my scale which read 128 grams. If you are only on low carb diet than a gram up or down doesn’t make too much difference, but keto is more carb-restricted so just measure.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $21.99Was: $34.95
- Price: $23.08Was: $34.95
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $34.73
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread. When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean […]
Spiral Zucchini Noodles = ZOODLES Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes absolutely amazing, which my daughter calls it “Vegethi“, as a Vegetable-Spaghetti combined together. My kids loved it, my husband is over the moon, which is pretty crazy considering that he might be one person who could love pasta more […]
Summer is coming, meaning that lighter meals will be more popular, just like these tasty Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.
It is getting already humid over here in the music city, and I do not like it at all.
I like Spring, and Fall time and humidity is something that I cannot handle, period.
Now, if I had a nice beach next to my house instead of a community pool that is so crowded over summer my story would be more positive.
I am a swimmer, have been my whole life, literally. So having that pool is like nothing to me if I can’t relax, swim or play with my kids.
It gets so incredibly crowded, but hey, everyone is trying to cool off. Besides, there are always rivers and lakes, right?!
Back to food talk. I have been trying to eat more seafood and include fresh veggies on our weekly menu. It is working wonderfully. We are all more energetic.
Anyhow, we love shrimps. I do not make them too often. However, a couple of times a month with our pasta, zoodles (zucchini noodles).
Sometimes in sandwiches or taking a healthier road and serving them in the lettuce.
Also, if you never tried shrimp and grits you are missing out. Well, since doing low carb or ketogenic diet, I am trying to find substitutes such as cauliflower mash. I know it is not the same, but it tastes great.
I just love easy, healthy and fuzz-free meals? You can make them for parties, appetizers or as a salad topper. I mean possibilities are endless!
Well, I hope you like this recipe. If you make Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking so I can check out and share your delicious creations. Thank you so much for all your support.
- 2 lbs. Large Shrimps tiger shrimps, Louisiana shrimps, etc.
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Lettuce such as butterhead lettuce
- Sesame seeds
- Dry parsley
- Green onions
- Fresh Parsley
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Wash, peel and devein shrimp.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of lime juice (you may sub it with lemon juice), then season it with Cajun Seasoning.
- Heat the skillet with one tablespoon of oil, and carefully add shrimps.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, remove from the skillet and set on the kitchen paper towel.
- Serve it with lettuce, and garnish it with sesame seeds, dry parsley, green onions and perhaps fresh parsley.
You may use chicken strips if you cannot eat shrimps. Equally delicious, but it takes just a bit more time to cook. You may use Store-bought Cajun seasoning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Taylor Stainless Steel Analog Kitchen Scale, 11 Lb. Capacity
- Vacuum Sealer By NutriChef | Automatic Vacuum Air Sealing System For Food Preservation w/ Starter Kit | Compact Design | Lab Tested | Dry & Moist Food Modes | Led Indicator Lights (Silver)
- Mandoline Slicer Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - 5 in 1 Veggie Slicer Mandoline Food Slicer with Julienne Grater - V Slicer Mandoline Cutter - Vegetable Cutter Zoodle Maker - Vegetable Spiralizer