Easy, Delicious, Low Carb Mini Bagels
Let’s just make something clear here… These are not, and I repeat precisely, these are not your traditional bagels. Now that I got that off my chest, let me continue.
When I started this Keto lifestyle, I missed nothing more than
With that being said, the other day I was like “man, I wish I had some bagels with this deliciously whipped cream cheese” so I made my own.
No, they are not fluffy, sink gracefully your teeth into the doughy deliciousness, but they do their outstanding job, which is replacing or better said substituting the original and hitting the spot at the same time.
I set myself a goal that I will do this Keto thing for 15 days, then extended to a month, now I have changed my mind yet again and I will go to 3 months.
Willingly allowing myself every now and then a little cheat day or rather a food item such as apple pie, banana cream pie or a bowl of real mashed potatoes.
Delicious potatoes! Oh, yes! I miss potatoes the most, but cauliflower somewhat replacing it, if I close my eyes and really believe it’s a cheesy potato. haha
Jokes on the side, so far it has been undoubtedly a really good experience. These are extremely easy bagels. I got this pan for baked donuts so these bagels are on the mini side; that’s why we can eat two of them per serving.
You can find two sizes of these pans, so I picked up a larger one. I don’t actually know if anyone selling a full-size bagel pan.
I wish I knew they had them on AMAZON cause it would save me considerable time looking for it.
Anyhow, I really hope y’all like this one because it literally is saving me not to go back to eating loads of carbs.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. Please comment and tag me if you make it, or just post a pic and tag me @sandraseasycooking on the Instagram, so I can re-post in my instastories. I really want your feedback; good, bad and ugly! Can’t wait to see your creation. Thanks!!!
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affilate
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website. I am still building my Amazon store so bear with me.
KETO EVERYTHING BAGELS
This batch makes 8 mini bagels
- 3 Cage Free Large Brown Organic Eggs separated
- 1/8 teaspoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Bragg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Super Fine Almond Meal Flour 128g
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream All Natural
- 3 tablespoons Organic Unsalted Butter room temp
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- .Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Mix Yolks with Sour cream, butter, and salt; set aside
- Mix Egg whites with a drop or two of Apple cider Vinegar.
- Combine the two by folding.
- To the almond meal add baking soda, mix and fold into the eggs.
Add into “donut” tin, then sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning, if desired.
You can use a spoon or piping bag. I used a ziplock bag and it worked just fine to get the batter into the donut cups without a mess. Fill the bag, close, get the air out and then cut the corner with scissors.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- You may make bigger bagels. I fill the donut cups 3/4 which gives just enough room for them to rise. They will not rise too much, but baking soda gives them a small amount of sponginess.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is an amazing addition, plus it replaces cream of tartar wonderfully.
- In regard to almond flour, I measured it in the measuring cup, 1 cup, and then I used my scale which read 128 grams. If you are only on low carb diet than a gram up or down doesn’t make too much difference, but keto is more carb-restricted so just measure.