If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name. […]
Tag: LOW CARB
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these […]
I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni.
This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I did not have a recipe on my blog, I received well over 300 messages, all asking for this recipe. It was a madhouse for a good week.
So I re-tested a recipe twice again to make sure. I am not a huge fan of cream cheese addition, but my family really likes it so I will give you an option. You can use it or omit.
You can use this cheese sauce over roasted potatoes, peppers or broccoli. It is so good!
Don’t get me wrong, cream cheese does not make this sauce bad, just I like it better without it.
What makes this meal unique? It’s cauliflower and we all know the hype over this brain food. Also, it is lower in carb and really delicious. Even my kids eat this one and my boys are not fans of cauliflower but they are eating this way.
I feel like even if you eat carbs roasted cauliflower could be mixed with macaroni and cheese. That way you eat a slightly “healthier” pasta.
I always loved cauliflower so I could eat it literally any possible way. Give the cauliflower a chance as well as this yummy recipe. I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but it is really not bad at all.
Also, you have two option on how to prepare cauliflower; roasted on the oven or use your air fryer. It is so easy when you pop cauliflower florets in the air fryer. No mess!
I love my air fryer for real, but you can totally use sheet pan and just roast in the oven. The conventional oven is alright as well, as long as you cook cauliflower.
If you try this recipe for any other from my site please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Easy and delicious side dish. It is perfect with any protein or on its own.
- 2-3 pounds cauliflower
- Salt, ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch or two of herbs such as dried parsley
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipped cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 6 ounces mild cheddar, shredded
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1-ounce mild cheddar, shredded
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Wash and separate cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss it to coat then cook in the air fryer at 375 Fahrenheit for 16-17 minutes or roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400F. Make sure that cauliflower is in one layer on the baking sheet.
While cauliflower is cooking prep for the cheese sauce. You can use pre-shredded cheese but it is so much better if you shred it yourself.
- Now, heat heavy whipped cream on medium heat, then add butter and allow it to slightly melt.
Add cream cheese, black pepper, and turmeric and stir.
- Add shredded cheese then mix it well.
- Keep stirring so the cheese could melt.
- The sauce will start to get thicker. Now, taste it and add salt according to your taste.
- Place cauliflower into the skillet, pour cheese over it, slightly stir to coat then add a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of shredded cheese. Add a good sprinkle of dried parsley.
- Turn the stove off and serve immediately.
You do not need to use cream cheese but according to 5 people, it tasted much better with the cream cheese and two tests.
I never tried placing it overnight in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GreenPan Rio 7" Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Black
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- OMORC 6 quart Air Fryer, Air Fryers, 1800W Fast Large Hot Air Fryers & Oilless Cooker w/Presets, LED Touchscreen(for Wet Finger)/Roast/Bake/Keep Warm, Dishwasher Safe, Nonstick,2-Year Warranty(ME122)
- T-fal C728S2 Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free Scratch Resistant Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe 8-Inch and 10-Inch Fry Pan Cookware Set, 2-Piece, Gold
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622 Total Fat: 51g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 751mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
SANDRA’S EASY COOKING a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking recommended products to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My Amazon Store
These days I spend experimenting with low carb bread recipes. So, that’s how this easy low carb and I might add keto friendly savoury scones are born. I dearly miss bread, so I had to come with something to satisfy my bread cravings. When I […]
You cannot get a meal more simple than this deliciously stuffed spaghetti squash boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not use the […]
Delicious steak! How do you like it, rare, medium-rare or well done? I am medium rare to a well-done type of person… or at least somewhere in between.
I desperately wanted to grill this one the other day or at least smoke it, but the continuous rain kept me from doing it, so the next best thing was grilling it under the broiler.
The fragrant spices were perfect, and it tasted really tasty. You know Flank Steak could be a bit chewy or tough, but I think it depends on where you buy your meat, as well as how old it was.
The flank makes a mean fajita, and it’s also an excellent choice for bibimbap, stir-fries, or even Philly cheesesteak.
I got to say that this method of cooking a steak is popularly called London Broil. Tougher pieces of meat, commonly, flank or top round steak, are left to marinate overnight, and then broiled under high heat and served by thinly slicing the meat across the grain.
I typically served it low carb for my family. Well, kids had bread, of course. However, my lovely husband and I enjoyed it with some oven roasted ranch cauliflower cooked in steak dripping.
The other dish was sauteed cabbage in garlic Alfredo sauce, which was perfect. Needless to say, we inhaled this delicious meal.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affiliate
Broiled Flank Steak
Easy and delicious recipe for the best Broiled Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Flank Steak
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice Lime juice, Vinegar, or similar acid for tenderizing the meat
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated or pressed in a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon per side Grill/Barbecue Spices
- Coat the flank steak with marinade: Place the steak in a shallow dish, like a 9×13-inch baking dish. Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the steak. Rub the marinade into the steak and flip the steak once or twice in the dish to coat.
Marinate for about 3 hours (it can marinate overnight in the fridge, covered). Cover the dish and place the steak in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Turn the steak occasionally maybe after minutes. If you leave it overnight try to flip after a couple of hours.
- Heat the broiler and prepare the pan: Set your broiler to its highest setting. Place an oven rack a few inches below the broiler element.
- Drizzle the pan with oil and place the steak on.
Remove the steak from the marinade, shake off the excess, and place it in the middle of the broiler pan. Place the pan it under the broiler. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side. This all depends on your taste; rare, medium rare or well done.
The steak is done when the edges are a bit charred and crispy, and you see some dark searing on the top. Using your meat thermometer, check the temperature in the thickest part with an instant-read thermometer: 115F to 120F for a rare steak, 120F to 125F for a medium-rare steak, and 140F to 145F for medium-well steak.
- Note that If additional cooking is needed, cook for another minute or two for every 10 degrees needed; transfer the steak to the oven if it’s becoming too crisp on the edges.
- This is a very important part Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into very thin slices using a sharp knife, cutting against the grain. Transfer the slices to a serving platter, then pour the juices from the pan and cutting board over the meat and toss to coat.
Grilled Flank Steak: Instead of broiling, you can also grill flank steak over very high heat on a gas or charcoal grill. The cooking times are the same.
You may marinate this from 3 hours to overnight. The Flank steak takes marinates very well so it will tenderize.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $449.00Was: $499.99
- Price: $12.16
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread. When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean […]
Spiral Zucchini Noodles = ZOODLES
Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes absolutely amazing, which my daughter calls it “
My kids loved it, my husband is over the moon, which is pretty crazy considering that he might be one person who could love pasta more than me.
Could these replace spaghetti with zucchini noodles?
YES, if you like zucchini! With that being said, your mind is a magical thing. If you imagine you are eating pasta instead of zucchini.
If you would like to cut on the CARBS, especially pasta than this meal is for you. I really like it. I made it many times for my family.
We are just adding different toppings and serving differently.
I was doing Whole30. If you do not know what that is, well, it is a way of eating to reset your body in 30 days. There are rules what you can consume and what you can’t which is the whole point of resetting your body.
For example, you do not eat dairy and after 30 days you gradually start intaking it. So if your body reacts to it then you know you are sensitive to dairy.
Well, I was not doing well at all. I am not sensitive to anything, but I do believe that gluten, as well as dairy such as milk, is bothersome so I avoid it.
I have never noticed any rushes or major stomach pains, per se. However, I do get a minor upset stomach and I am doing mentally and physically so much better when I avoid it.
I switched to a Ketogenic diet and felt amazing. It was a lifestyle change for me. Almost instantly I felt better.
Just two weeks into it I slept without any problems, I stopped snoring, my skin got clear and my brain was fog-free. Also, I did not feel heaviness, or bloated and I was actually full of energy.
Okay! Now, let’s go straight to this awesome meal.
Watch a video and see how easy this meal is. If you can’t see the video bellow turn your adblock off.
If you make my amazing Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Tasty and easy meal for all seafood lovers who enjoy low carb clean meals.
- 1 tbsp. Lemon infused Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 6 PER person Large Shrimps (precooked, or fresh /Organic)
- 1 teaspoon Organic NON-Dairy Butter/ Clarified butter /Ghee
- 1 cup Yellow and Red Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil chopped + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Onion or powder
- 1-2 Organic Zucchini 1 larger, or two smaller / approx. 339 g
- Heat the Wok, or a pan, then add 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and 2 minced garlic cloves. Saute for a minute. Don’t let it burn. Turn down the heat to medium (6 or 5).
- Add “defrosted” Shrimps (6 per person), organic (Precooked) Extra Large Shrimps OR ANY ON HAND. Shrimps are cooked after maybe 3-4 minutes. They will have deep orange-pink color.
- Add 1 cup Sliced Cherry Tomatoes and Freshly chopped basil. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes
- Season with Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder or granulated onion
- Add 1 tsp. Butter (nondairy/clarified butter), whatever works with your diet.
- Add Zoodles and toss to coat Season with Pinch of Himalayan salt (or any on hand). TURN OFF YOUR HEAT COMPLETELY. You don’t want to cook them, just coat the zoodles with the garlicky sauce/oil.
- Finish it with a squeeze of Lemon and toss one more time.
You can use any shrimps that you prefer; Frozen, precooked, fresh. I used these because I had them in my freezer. I just submerged them in cold water for 10 minutes to defrost, or until they are defrosted. Usually, in 15 minutes they should be defrosted.
Drain, and pat dry with kitchen paper towel. If you are using fresh, make sure to clean and devein them. To peel, raw shrimp, start underneath, where their legs are attached. If you like, leave the last tail segment on for looks. Devein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine. (To butterfly, make the slit deeper.)
The Wok that I am using is 100% Ceramic and comes from Xtrema Ceramic Cookware. It is a healthy, easy and delicious way of cooking, I went a bit fancy, so I used Lemon infused OLIVE OIL, please use whatever oil you have or use in general.
Coconut Oil would work as well if you love the flavor, and of course, Olive oil is always amazing – health and taste-wise. One more thing – Mushrooms are amazing with this dish. I didn’t have them at the moment but added them for dinner the other night, and it was fantastic. So, Add mushrooms if you have them or like them as much as I do.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer is coming, meaning that lighter meals will be more popular, just like these tasty Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. It is getting already humid over here in the music city, and I do not like it at all. I like Spring, and Fall time and humidity […]