Writing a new blog post is becoming really difficult these days. I am writing almost every day, so to sit and finish actual blog post is a task that I’ve been putting on the side for a while. But here it is finally…
With school just around the corner (literally and figuratively), and football season already here, I thought to share these sliders that my family just adore.
I make quite a lot of sliders, different types just to experiment and they are always a hit in my house and I hope you will love them as much as we do.
Ham and Cheese Skillet Sliders
- 8-10 Sliders
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted Butter + for greasing the skillet
- 8 Thick slices Smoked Ham
- 8-10 Thick slices Smoked Provolone Cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Chili powder /or crushed chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly butter (seasoned) skillet and place bottoms of the sliders down in the skillet.
- Spread just a bit of butter on the bottom of each slider.
- Place ham (or any other type of deli meat would work as well), then add cheese.
- Place the tops of the sliders.
- Brush each slider with butter and sprinkle garlic powder, dried parsley and crushed chili flakes or powder on the top.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil, making a little dome as seen on the picture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then uncover completely and bake for additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until you reach a deep golden color.
- Carefully remove from the oven using oven mitts or a thick kitchen towel.
- Cut in between the sliders and serve immediately.
I do not add each ham and cheese on each slider since they are small. I just cover the bottom of the sliders completely with ham and cheese and bake it that way. When it's done, I just cut in between the sliders. If you are using larger buns, like hamburger buns and similar, I'd suggest using a large baking sheet, then you can add ham and cheese individually in for each bun.