I make quite a lot of sliders. Different types of sliders just to experiment. These ham and cheese skillet sliders are absolutely amazing.
I must say, they are always a hit in my house. We serve them for birthdays, sporting parties like Superbowl or Olympics. I even made it for pool parties.
As you would expect, my family and friends absolutely enjoy them. There are so many possible options and versions, so needless to say, they are versatile.
I know you will love them as much as we do. If you do not eat ham then use deli turkey, chicken or beef. You can even use taco meat or grilled chicken.
I love when my kids help me make these. It just so special when they are in the kitchen with me. I cherish every single second. Do you cook with your kids or grandkids?
Even if you are an aunt or uncle take your nieces and nephews and teach them some cooking skills you have. They remember that forever.
Anyhow, writing a new blog post is becoming really difficult these days. I am writing almost every day. However, to sit and finish an actual blog post is a task that I have been putting on the side for a while. But here it is finally.
With school just around the corner, literally and figuratively, and football season already here, I thought to share these sliders that we just adore.
If you make this recipe or if I inspire you to make any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
To me, itâs all about sharing food so I would love to share at least a picture of your creation with others. Thank you in advance!
Also, check my Amazon store. I am amazon affiliated and I add things that I love, use or used in the past. I love Amazon and shop there often so it was a no brainer to join their program.
These ham and cheese skillet sliders are absolutely amazing. Easy, tasty and delicious.
- 8-10 Sliders
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted Butter + for greasing the skillet
- 8 Thick slices Smoked Ham
- 8-10 Thick slices Smoked Provolone Cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Chili powder /or crushed chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Lightly butter (seasoned) skillet and place bottoms of the sliders down in the skillet.
- Spread just a bit of butter on the bottom of each slider.
- Place ham (or any other type of deli meat would work as well), then add cheese.
- Place the tops of the sliders.
- Brush each slider with butter and sprinkle garlic powder, dried parsley and crushed chili flakes or powder on the top.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil, making a little dome as seen on the picture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then uncover completely and bake for additional 5 minutes, or until you reach a deep golden color.
- Carefully remove from the oven using oven mitts or a thick kitchen towel.
- Cut in between the sliders and serve immediately.
I do not add each ham and cheese on each slider since they are small. I just cover the bottom of the sliders completely with ham and cheese and bake it that way. When it's done, I just cut in between the sliders. If you are using larger buns, like hamburger buns and similar, I'd suggest using a large baking sheet, then you can add ham and cheese individually in for each bun.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.