Is there anything more comforting than pasta and cheese bake? With a few ingredients, you can really make a lunch or dinner not only fast but delicious too, that the whole family can actually enjoy. Dinner under 30 minutes is totally doable!
I have been putting this post on the side all day long, yesterday. Nothing was coming in my head….complete brain freeze. I guess we all have days like that, and me, well more often than a regular person
Sometimes, when we write posts, it usually involves my kids, and family life which probably to some could be somewhat annoying. However, being
Yeah! Not much action! I do not think you wanna hear about my date with the vacuum and floor steamer, or about the very exciting morning doing laundry, and how it’s starting to jump because sheets got stuck
Oh yes! The story of my life. The most relaxing thing in the world to me is. No, it’s not a bubble bath, although that would be totally awesome now, actually putting beats in my ears, cranking music to the max and photo shooting
When I am doing that, nobody is bothering me at all, but as soon as I lay in the bathtub, finally feeling that aromatic hot water on my skin. You know it is coming, right
Precisely after 7.5 minutes, my kids start to bang on my door to shit usually. Despite the fact they have two more bathrooms, mine is always t closest and more relaxing. Welcome to my world of motherhood!
Anyhow! Casserole! It is one dish that everybody will love. I mean, who does not like a load of cheese, pasta, and beef all baked in one dish
Perfect for busy family. You can even make it at night, cover, place in the fridge and bake when you get off work. Simple, inexpensive, fast and delicious. Win-win!
Beef Pasta Casserole
- 1 box Pasta + salt for seasoning
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1/4 Onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lb 225g Ground beef
- 1-2 Sage leaves chopped (or 1/2 tsp dry) *optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 can 10 Oz Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup Peas and Carrots frozen
- 8 Oz Shredded Cheese notes
- Boil large pot of water with the generous amount of salt, drop the pasta in and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes -depending on the type of pasta. Drain pasta and set aside. Boil small pot of water and drop in peas and carrots. Cook 5 minutes (or use canned ones)
- In a saute pan, add oil and drop in onion. Saute onion for a minute or so, then add garlic. Stir, and add ground beef. Break into small pieces while sauteing, add just a bit of sage if any (not necessary) season it with salt and pepper to taste (few pinches of each) and cook until there is no more blood –about 5-7 minutes. Take out of the pan and on to paper kitchen towel and set aside.
- Preheat oven on 400F (200C).
- Place cooked and drained pasta in the casserole oven-safe dish, then pour in mushroom soup, mix with the pasta so it can be well coated. Add evenly on top sauteed ground beef and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, or few minutes longer. The cheese needs to be melted completely. Serve with a salad.
I used a mix of Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese and Mozzarella, but if you want to use casserole cheese or any of your favorite ones.
This dish could be with meat or without. Also, you can use ground sausage, turkey or chicken, it’s up to you. Same goes for vegetables. You can use broccoli, for example.
Sage: little goes a long way, but the aroma pulls meat so well together If you do not have any, no problem uses any of your favorite herbs. Pasta: I tried different shapes and all of them work fine such as shells, elbow macaroni, egg noodles, penne, rotini etc.
I hate using canned products, honestly. If I am going to get it, it is usually frozen. But if I am in hurry, yes I use canned shrimp soup, saves time. If you do not wish to use canned mushroom soup than you can make it yourself. It can be in the fridge for 5 days if it is well sealed plus it tastes fantastic. Click here for mushroom soup.
IF YOU DO NOT like mushroom soup you can use cream of chicken, Alfredo sauce, or even marinara (tomato) sauce would be ok -it tastes like lasagna.