Easy Chocolate Mousse
It’s no secret that my family is chocoholic family, if there is no chocolate we turn into sweetaholic….I don’t think that’s the actual word term in the English language, but you got the point. What I wanted to say, if there is no chocolate, I’ll take what ever as long as it’s sweet.
Since my hubby and I love February so much I decided to test earlier this Orgasmic Chocolate mousse on him. Just to add that this man perfected his taste buds for chocolate so I know that I can count on his thumps up.
February is a month of love, plus both of our birthdays are 10 days apart in this month and then we get pampered by each other just a bit more than usual.
Anyhow back to the dessert, this is so flip-floppin’ easy that you wouldn’t believe it. I know it’s not technically “homemade” if I don’t slave over the stove, but hey I can rest and take a shortcut once in a while, right?!
Trust me peeps, this is unfailing recipe, and any chocoholic will love it. Don’t tell the secret though how simple it is and that you used instant pudding because nobody needs to know. I know you already have pack or two of instant chocolate pudding in your pantry so whip this, chill it for 30 minutes and your dessert will knock her/his socks off.
Easy Chocolate Mousse
Serves 4 | Total time: about 40 minutes
Prep time:10 min. | Chilling time: at least 30 min.
3.9-ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
cup cold skim milk
cup heavy whipping cream + 1 teaspoon sugar ( or you can use pre-made thawed whipped cream)
teaspoon vanilla extract
- All Natural Maraschino Cherries
and White chocolate Shavings for garnish
a large bowl, stir together the pudding mix with the milk until very thick.
another bowl, beat the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla
using an electric hand mixer until peaks form. Reserve few teaspoons for garnish.
- Add whipped cream, and Fold gently into the pudding until it’s well combined.
- Spoon into
dessert glasses and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top each
with a small dollop of the reserved whipped cream, maraschino cherry and chocolate shavings. If you have a mint, stick one on the side for aroma and presentation.
- Mousse can be made ahead and in the fridge overnight in the closed container or cover the dessert glasses with alum foil.
- This instant pudding from Jell-o do not require cooking. But just in case if you have only that says “cook and serve” , I wouldn’t recommend! I tried it and it’s just not the same!
- You can add 1/4 cup of strong espresso and mix it with the pudding or instead of the vanilla splash of Rum -or you can add both.
- Yes, you can use pre-made Whipped cream, it’s inexpensive, saves you time and all you need to do is to thawed it. If you are watching waist line you can get fat free!
- In case of milk, you may add fat, reduced fat or fat free/almond or soy milk will work too.