Peas and Chicken Soup
As the morning was quite foggy and the sun was peaking through, I sat down with my coffee and started brainstorming recipes.
I was thinking about the recipes that could help the sick from the cold this winter season.
As has been proven that Chicken noodle soup got healing properties. However, I wanted
There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of homemade soup on a cold day.
It is inexpensive and cooking is fairly simple. Not to mention full of good stuff to comfort you at the time of need of comfort.
As I made it the other day and full pot was actually gone for lunch. N
That’s what I love to see, not wasted food. My hubby grabbed a ladle and had one more bowl.
The taste is fantastic; not bland at all, so it does have a flavor and pretty good one.
Furthermore, in case if you do happen to have loved one that is sick, why don’t you try making this soup? You will be amazed how delicious it is!
Check some amazing soup recipes on my blog Click Here
Peas and Chicken Soup
Comforting and healthy soup
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1/4 Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 cups Peas frozen
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup water more if needed
- 1 Chicken Breast /if frozen slightly defrost
- 1-2 Dry Bay Leaf
- 1 Chicken Bullion
- 1/2 inch Ginger chopped
- 1 Carrot medium size/julienne or cut into smaller cubes
- 2 Potatoes peeled and cut into larger cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Red Chili Flakes
- In the large pot heat oil and drop onion, saute for few minutes then add garlic, stir then add frozen peas.
- Add Chicken broth, water, bay leaf/s and chicken breast(you may cut the chicken into bite size pieces if desired), Stir and let it boil for 10 minutes, covered on medium high!
- At this point drop in Bullion, ginger, carrot, and potato; season it with salt and pepper and let it cook until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender about 25-30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, garnish with parsley and red chili flakes. Serve with rice on the side or bread.
If you wish to add mushrooms perhaps or extra veggies the taste will not go bad. A little bit of heat goes a long way, so I do recommend a pinch of red chili flakes, or cayenne pepper in the serving bowl. Potato cooks faster than a carrot, so cut always carrots smaller than a potato to get it evenly cooked. Add Tofu instead of the chicken and use Vegetable stock and bouillon, if you are Vegetarian