Roasted Sweet Potato Fries with Steak
Early chaotic mornings are not my thing just because I work late, and then waking up after only few hours of sleep puts me in a cranky mood...and that is strange considering that most of the time I have huge smile on my face, meaning that I am pretty happy person. I have to make new schedule and go to sleep early because school is staring tomorrow...this summer break sure passed by quickly!
My youngest son will start Kindergarten, and I don't think that I will be able to hold back and not cry.
I started to be emotional a month ago, and he would sit next to me and say things like: " mom, it's ok, we gonna have our special breakfasts on weekends. I will be fine going to school, so you just have to work and be happy".
I mean how to hold back the tears, and not let your heart melt when he say something like that... he is only 5 1/2.
After they start school everything changes. Of course mother's love never will, but you know year after year they are getting older as well as we are. You start to remember things when they were little such as when they walked for the first time, say mommy and daddy, or even when they started to eat solid food. I know each year will bring something, something new for them, but it's just hard to let it go...When I start thinking about my oldest son, he was just like Daniel. He would say cute things to me, but now when he is hitting early puberty sarcasm wakes up, school crushes, girlfriends, long talks with friends, and not much time for me anymore...so I was holding to my babies as long as I could to let them know that I am here for them. I was blessed enough to be stay at home mom and be with my kids for those first 5-6 years before they started new chapter of their life, and I'm really thankful to my husband who was always supporting me to be home. Of course I will be by their side always, but those first years I will treasure forever.
I have for you today an incredible meal or you can even call it salad...
Balance of flavors, and fantastic combination. It is sweet, sour and bit spicy...
It puts this meal on my top 5 best dishes that I've tried in last few months.
Inspired by "the complete book of main course"
- 2 Sweet potatoes, sliced into fries
- 2 Steaks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove,
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbs. Cilantro(coriander), chopped
- 1/2 Fresh Chili Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbs. Yellow Mustard (or Dijon Mustard)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven on 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash the Potatoes, peel and cut into long strips for the Fries. Soak in the cold water for about 10 minutes then dry with kitchen towel, preferably cotton. Season Sweet potato fries with salt, pepper and oil. Toss them with your hands to code each of the fries. Roast potatoes for 20 minutes or until they are tender and look done.
- Season the steaks with Salt and Pepper. Put on the grill or on the stove pan with oil. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or more depending how thick steak is and/or how you prefer it. I like mine medium rare, so 3-4 minutes on each side on high temp was just enough. Once it's done place it in the aluminium foil and close so the air would not come in. Keep it there until it's ready to be served.
- You can use food processor and place everything in there or chop/mince it by yourself.
- I used food processor. It was convenient and this thick dressing was done in a few minutes.
- Cut the steaks into thin strips, place sweet potato fries next to it or on top, and spoon the dressing over. You can eat it hot or cold.
Sending you all virtual hugs!