I searched many, many times for green tea powder but never was successful to find it… And that day I was lucky enough that the store got it in the stock. Sure, I could get it online, and take the easier way out… But… I didn’t! Sigh!
I made a latte and cold iced refreshments which both were really good. However, I set my mind on a frappuccino. It is my drink of the summer and it’s becoming addicted.
That being said I had to make it myself. I didn’t want to be “just a smoothie”, and I didn’t want to use water as a base… I wanted to be rich, icy, and thick.
So shall I show you how I did it?
UPDATE* P.S. This is not STARBUCKS Frappuccino, I never stated that this is Starbucks recipe!!! This is my recipe and the color is slightly different and little lighter than the one that you get from Starbucks because of the ice cream, milk, and cream that is used in the recipe below the bottom one. You can omit that and make your own version using only matcha, ice, cream, water and melon syrup for flavoring.
Green Tea Frappuccino
- 1 tsp. Premium Japanese Matcha-Green Tea Powder
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipped Cream cold
- 1/4 Cup Water cold or iced water
- 1 Cups Ice
- 2 Tbs. Vanilla syrup or any other that you like such as melon syrup
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
Green Tea Frappuccino
2 cups cold Milk
Sugar to taste, or any other sweetener
2 teaspoon Green Tea Powder to up to 3 teaspoons
1/4 cup cold Heavy Whipped Cream
2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cup Ice-Cubes or more
Whipped Cream topping
Sprinkle with green tea powder
- Dissolve the green tea powder in the 1/2 cup of milk, by adding milk in a pot, placing it on the stove(med. high) and warm it up, don’t let it boil. Add sugar and stir; get rid of the unwanted lumps. Once it’s lump free and completely dissolved take it off the stove, cover with the lid and let it cool down.
- In a blender, put rest of the milk, chilled dissolved milk, and green tea, 1/4 cup of Heavy Whipped Cream; whip for 30 seconds. Add 2 Tbs. Vanilla Ice cream or Vanilla Syrup and blend a few more seconds.
- Add Ice Cubes, and Blend for the next minute or until well combined.
- Add Whipped Cream Topping and sprinkle with a dash of green tea powder.
- Stir it and drink it up!!! This is Creamy Version, look into notes for easier and faster one, or less guilty version.
Green tea from the bag/filter or dry green tea leaf will not work for this frappuccino
Green tea is bitter, and also depends what kind you buy. The best one is 100% natural.
I used a brand imported from Taiwan, but I recommend to get Organic Japanese Matcha (抹茶/also known as maccha-fine powder, tea) –which is more expensive however by far better quality.
You can use soy or almond milk instead of the regular milk and make it vegan.
For Easier, less guilty Frapp you can put ice-cubes in the blender along with chilled green tea powder mixture ( mixture: dissolve green tea powder in warm water or skim milk + organic agave nectar to taste, then chill for 10 min) and blend for a few seconds until all combined. Only Add Whipped Cream on top of Vanilla Ice-cream if desired!
I really wish you all wonderful, healthy and happy weekend… This one is the last weekend before my kids start school so we are trying to enjoy the end of summer break as much as we can.
Thank you all for your constant support… My blog will celebrate 2 years Bday in a few months, so I am really happy and looking forward to more years, more experiences, more experiments and more friendships.