This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this…
Search Results: cookies
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments.
However, my husband and I loved it in my amazing side dish, Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce.
Goodness! That meal was fitting for a king and a queen. It was so tasty that I wished we had leftovers.
This burger is approachable with accessible ingredients. If you like tuna cakes, then you will love these for sure.
Although, I have to add that the taste is far better than tuna cakes. For instance, there is nothing like using fresh fish like this Alaskan halibut.
I feel a bit spoiled and extremely grateful because I get fresh fish from Alaska every month. Sitka Salmon Shares has been a blessing to me and my family.
We really love fish, but after getting from this monthly subscription, I know what a difference it has made for us.
Sometimes, it is total through back to the ’80s when we would vacation for weeks at the Adriatic Sea.
We would eat freshly caught seafood all the time. Nonetheless, over the years you forget how wild salmon taste or cod.
My family loves going on fishing trips and I really appreciate all the catch that my boys would bring o our tend. However, can you even imagine getting a full box, a bounty of delicious fish every month?
We are talking about three species of wild salmon and four species of whitefish, all seasonally home-delivered to your doorstep through our Community Supported Fishery.
Perhaps Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, pot-caught spot prawns, and more sounds better to you.
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them.
I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
If you make Simple Halibut Burger Recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Instead of regular beef burgers why don't you make a little switch and make this amazingly delicious and I might add Simple Halibut Burger Recipe. You will not regret it because my halibut burgers are not only simple but extremely tasty as well.
- 1 pound halibut burger meat
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- If your halibut burger meat is frozen then defrost first. I like placing mine in the fridge overnight and mix the ingredients in the morning so it could marinate all day in my fridge for the best-tasting burger.
- Prep and measure everything, then combine all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Line a tray, plate or a baking sheet with silicone baking mat, parchment paper or even plastic wrap would work. This will get the burgers off the tray easily.
- Divide the mixture meat into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties. Sometimes I make them a bit smaller; you could get 6 smaller patties or 4 thicker once. 4 patties would make a bit over 4 oz burger patty.
- Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs on both sides then place on the tray/plate. You can use any breadcrumbs on hand; panko, plain, Italian style, etc.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to up to 12 hours. Allowing burgers to marinate in the fridge will help them bind better as well as cook easier, plus the flavor will be that much tastier.
- Turn your stove to medium-high and heat cast-iron skillet or just a frying pan if you do not have a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the patties, in batches, and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes on one side then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other, flip again and let t cook for an additional two to three minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. The patties will feel firmer in the center when done.
- They are great the next day as well, just make sure to refrigerate them.
You may use some dill as well for the fresh burgers. Also, green onions work well with this mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Silicone Baking Mats - Non Stick Sheet Mat - Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets - Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (2)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set - Square Grill Pan with Square Tempered Glass Lid (10.5 Inch)
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
Homemade, easy and delicious Summer Treat
Who doesn’t like delicious ice cream in the middle of summer? Heck, we love ice-cream even in the winter time. There is something about crumbled cookies in the ice cream; it gives you just a bit of crunch, more sweetness, and one tasty bite. We just loved this ice-cream flavor as well.
My husband, Nebs, loves ice creams. His personal favorite is Rocky Road, but after eating this one he said it is probably this one if I added a handful of nuts. It didn’t cross my mind but hey if you feel adventures please add your favorite nuts into ice cream mixture. I think pecans or walnuts would work very well with this favor.
Now, Ice-Cream sandwiches are something totally different. My kids’ love, love, love ice-cream sandwiches and what better way to create some memories this summer season than let them make these delicious sandwiches themselves. I think they did one amazing job. Well, my oldest one was working, but I still have these two munchkins that are still willing to do these kinds of things with me. I just enjoy every single moment.
Anna, my middle baby, is starting High School this August so I am trying not only to teach her a thing or two but to spend as much time as possible with her. They grow way to fast. Thank goodness that my 12-year-old still loves hugs and cuddles because before you know it teenage hormones will kick in and goodbye hugs until the end of high school haha. If you have teens than you probably already know this. As soon as 7th grade comes, suddenly they are wrapped up in some kind of drama. Trust me on that one!
I believe that parents should talk to their kids every single day, and at the same time allow them to express themselves with less judgment. We need to give them understanding and love rather than go into what other people going to say. Goodness! I know a thing or two about that one but I didn’t give a shit because if my daughter wanted blue or green hair I allowed her to color it.
You know grown-ups are sometimes bigger bullies than kids are, or maybe those kids see it from their parents which I hate to say it. We can’t judge the kids by their parents or vice versa. I love my kids, and I want them to live54hb their life the best way they can.
Anyhow, maybe I should consider having a monthly post just regarding kids; bits of advice, the things that I went through with my kids and perhaps some of you would like to join the conversation, sharing your story about it and help other parents.
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice cream Recipe
- 20 Chocolate Chip Cookies any brand or texture, split it in half (10ct)
- 1/2 tablespoon Instant Coffee optional/decaf works well as well
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 3/4 cup liquid French Vanilla Coffee Creamer sugar-free
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Ice cream maker
- 1 small bag ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- 12 Chocolate Chip Sandwiches (6 sandwiches)
- 1 scoop Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice-Cream
Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add 10 crushed cookies and about 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee. You can add decaf if you wish.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister and follow instruction for your ice cream maker; add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream.
Transfer ice cream into freezer-safe dish/container, roughly crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
- Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
Recipe for CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES or use store-bought cookies
Add a scoop of ice cream in between of two cookies, make a sandwich and place on the freezer safe dish. Keep in the freezer until ready to be eaten. You can also pack them into individual wrappers.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop) There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better? I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just…
This was my most popular recipe, and I feel like I lost part of me when this one did not transfer to a new blog platform. With that being said, I will manually add this recipe, pictures and a post itself and it will show as a new post.
It is really heartbreaking to me that all the new visitors will not be able to see comments, tips, and feedback from the original post but it is what it is.
Well, I had over 1 million views just on this recipe and close to 300 comments so I can’t even tell you how I feel right now.
I am reposting it again. With that being said, I would love your feedback, mostly to get this recipe back up to most popular and recommended one
It is so worth it and I know you all will love it when you make it. So please share your pictures, tips, and comments with me and others
The first time when I made the bread, I was probably 13 years old… My mom started to work, and I came from the school, hungry like a wolf; I was all alone, my sister was in school and my dad was working as well!
Next, to the stove I found a note from my mother, saying ”Could you prepare the bread dough and I will bake it when I come back.” It was the whole preparation (list) how to do.
It seemed simple enough, and I got right away to work. Next to the bowl and flour was fresh yeast, and my mom very nearly wrote: “put about 1-2 tablespoons of warm milk in a cup with fresh yeast, to get it activated.” It would take a few minutes, and then I should put it into the flour with everything else.
I mixed flour and felt so proud of myself… Well… HA! Funny story… I went back to the kitchen about 15 times, mixing the dough constantly.
It was rather odd looking like it was for pancakes. I kept adding more flour, then more water, and the dough my friends never raised up. I was covered in flour
Honestly, I felt hopeless! It was like watching my own reality show. I did not actually know what I did wrong
“Healthier” version of a recipe No-knead whole wheat bread
Now I rarely buy it from the store or bakery… I am making bread every day fresh and from scratch without a bread machine.
My hands and my trusty wooden spoon are doing everything in a matter of 5 minutes, however, if you have trouble mixing it with the wooden spoon, using something like KitchenAid with kneading attachment would not hurt.
I just wanted to show how easy bread could be made this way. The dough is not as hard to mix, so I do not see a point using any other equipment, but if you really can’t, please, be my guest and use whatever will make your life easier.
The bottom line is, my family and I love, love bread. It is a staple of our house, and whether I make flatbread, Irish soda bread or whole-wheat, the bread is eaten almost in one day. So here is my recipe that you will love.
Super Easy and tasty no-knead bread recipe that you will love.
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour approx. 600g, flour without sodium; for cakes, cookies, etc., works well.
- 2 teaspoons Table Salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder optional
- 1 envelope Active Dry Yeast 7 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Lukewarm Water
- 2 tablespoons Oil + for greasing the pan
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix!
- Add sugar and dry yeast in a cup and add a bit of warm (to touch) water. Mix it to combine then let the yeast activate, before adding to the flour mixture. (You can add it directly to the flour mixture just by making a well in the middle, add sugar and yeast and a splash of warm water then wait about 3-4 minutes before mixing it and adding more water.) This step is whatever feels right to you.
- Add more warm water as needed. Add the water slowly so your bread dough wouldn’t turn into the pancake mixture. (1/2-1 cup at the time until you reach the thickness and so the wooden spoon can go through easier it does take some good beating). It all depends on what type of flour you have, how old it is, the air & humidity, etc. So if I say 2 cups of warm water, it might be less, so please add water slowly until you reach soft and sticky texture, but not looking like pancake batter.
- Take a few strokes with a wooden spoon just to combine everything, add oil, mix again and cover the dough.
- Let it rest and rise for 60 minutes in total. I mix it after 30 minutes with a wooden spoon and let it rest for the next 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Grease your baking pan and put the dough in.
- Again, let it rise in the baking pan for the next 10 minutes or until it’s almost up to the edges of the pan and place in the preheated oven, even if it’s not all the way to the edges it will rise more in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Allow it to COOL DOWN at least for 40 minutes before slicing the bread.
You can bake in any pan that you have a circular, rectangular, or square pan. I find it the best if it’s non-stick baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown. This is no kneaded bread; I just use a wooden spoon to combine and mix the dough.
I usually put 2-3 teaspoons of salt, but you can add 1.5-2 teaspoons if you don’t want too savory. We have different flour brands, and of course taste buds. The dough should be just a bit thinner than if you would make pizza dough.
Also, if you decide to knead just add less water, and I would suggest adding maybe 1 Tbsp. of oil; dust the working surface with the flour and knead until you make a ball and oil it before covering to raise. Once it’s risen, knead again and place in the greased baking pan to rise one more time before baking it.
IF FLOUR HAS SODIUM PLEASE ADD ONLY 1/2 teaspoon of salt. The outcome will not be the same, but still delicious. I work with only all-purpose; no sodium, bleached or unbleached white flour, or whole wheat flour.
I tried many different brands of flour, but I always stick to the one that I found the best which is Canadian brand- 5 Roses 44LB. If you have a chance to get it trust me, you will not regret because the bread or anything baked comes out amazing. For Five Roses Flour, All Purpose, 5.5lb. If you like any other brands, please let me know what you are using. I would love to try it too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.