Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better?
I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just so darn tastily!
Summer just started like 5 minutes ago (haha), so I will continue to share more delicious, and I must add, easy ice cream recipes with all of you. Also, I am planning to post a recipe for ice cream that doesn’t use ice cream machine so that way anyone can enjoy it.
At this time I am playing with frozen yogurts, but I haven’t succeeded just yet. As soon as frozen yogurt comes out perfect, I will share a low-cal recipe for that as well.
Anyhow, school here is starting in three or so weeks. I can’t even believe it! We definitely don’t look forward to that day whatsoever. I think it’s too early for kids to go to school at a peak of the summer. That’s just my opinion… but it is what it is. We gotta move on and get ready for the School in August!
I hope you really like this recipe… it is most definitely easy and delicious Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream recipe and a perfect summer treat for you, your family and friends. Okay. I will leave you with this now… Let me know whatcha think?! 🙂
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Easy Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream Recipe
- 16 oz Frozen Fruit split in half, approximately, Berry medley with cherries
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 tbsp. Rum Extract optional (you can use orange extract; tastes fantastic as well)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add half (about 8oz) frozen fruit.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister which you froze prior to transferring the mixture (follow instruction for your ice cream maker); add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream. This is a dish that you will use when the ice cream is done with ice cream machine.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
- Add the remaining fruit to the ice cream and stir. Make sure to slightly defrost frozen fruit so the beautiful colors of berries and cherries could bleed into Ice cream.
- Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop) There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
You can buy fruit individually or all mixed in one bag. You can also use any berries that you prefer.