Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Search Results: cookies
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and […]
When I tasted this so-called cake, more like bars, I had that moment of “I’ll have what she’s having”… Can I just say, this is OMG!?
I am not addicted to sweets, I am far from it, yet sometimes, I like having something sweet like this cake.
I had challenged myself to create something that you might not expect to make out of sugar cookie dough, and I believe that I accomplished that.
I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and caramel, throw in some nuts and voila.
You have an amazing skillet cake that takes almost no effort at all because you have the work cut out for you by using sugar cookie dough by Pillsbury.
Pillsbury is my family’s favorite, and personal preference. Around the holidays, I am extremely busy and I don’t have time to make cookies from scratch, so these are most definitely life-savers.
To be quite honest with you all, I rather use Pillsbury cookie dough than spend hours preparing a cake that I know will end up in disaster.
You see, I am not much of a “cake” baker, so Pillsbury has been my savior for many years; school parties, family gatherings, busy holiday season.
Also, to add that Pillsbury sugar cookies are affordable, especially for my family of five. Of course, I bought a couple of these sugar cookie logs at my local Walmart, to create this skillet cake.
All the ingredients used in this recipe are from the Walmart. I just like a store where I can go and get everything that I need in one place.
When the holiday season arrives, and it is just around a corner, this comforting, sweet, delicious and simple cake going to be the center of attention on our table, especially around Christmas time.
The hardest part is waiting until the cake cools down, just for 10-15 minutes.
I liked eating them warm with a cup of hot coffee, but I must say that they are very delicious cold or even the next day.
However, I had to wait until they are completely cooled down so I could take pictures. I kept myself busy, by making dinner, washing dishes, etc.
I can’t even tell you how hard it has been to resist going over to my studio table to take just a little bite. They are gooey, chocolaty, sweet, perfect if you love sweets.
The next day, I had a few slices leftover, and this is absolutely heavenly and irresistible cold, too.
Obviously, you can make beautiful sugar cookies and decorate them with your family over the holidays, or other delicious sweet treats. Perfect time to make memories with your kids, in the kitchen.
If you make something delicious with Pillsbury, make sure to use hashtag #ItsBakingSeason
Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Caramel Hazelnut Skillet Cake
- 2 Pillsbury Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup American Classic Caramel Bites
- 1/2 cup crushed Hazelnuts
- Cocoa Powder
- Crushed Hazelnuts
- Use well seasoned 10" Iron Skillet. Read notes*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Open one pack of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough, and press firmly on the bottom of the skillet. The well-seasoned skillet should be nonstick, so no need for butter.
- Add semisweet chocolate chips, Amercian Classic Caramel Bites chopped hazelnuts. Press slightly into the bottom sugar cookie dough.
- Open the other Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough and add a little bit at the time on top. Use spatula and fingers to evenly spread the dough. It doesn't have to be perfect because the cookie dough will slightly expand and fill the gaps.
- You can add more chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts on top if you desire.
- Bake the skillet cake in the preheated oven for 25-27 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for about 20 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
- Dust with cocoa powder and add more crushed nuts.
- You can use the smaller skillet, but in that case, one sugar cookie dough log, split in half might be enough.
- You can use PB chips instead of caramel bites.
- After it bakes, skillet cake will be very soft, and when it cools down it will have the gooey texture inside, but the top will be firm.
- Since it has two layers of cookie dough, you must know that this is not your average cookie, and it does need time to bake.
- You may use other nuts.
I just love the fall time and all the aroma in the air. Pumpkin spice cookies, lattes, and apple pies. When my kids smell cookies baking in my oven they have this amazingly happy expression on their faces. I think, or better said, I hope […]
I love simple, easy and relaxing Sundays- we sit at the table, talk, laugh, munch, fight who is going to get the last bite and all the usual stuff that family can do around the dining room table. My family is on the sweet tooth […]
Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply the best. Does anything smell better than a cup of coffee and freshly made cookies early in the morning? I certainly do not think so.
I can tell you one thing, my kitchen smelled divine this morning. As I was pulling my Chocolate Chip Cookies out of the oven for my children’s school snack, my coffee finished brewing.
It was a rather chilly morning. I put my sweater on and walked out to enjoy the crisp fresh air with my hot coffee and warm cookies.
What an amazing morning; peaceful, delicious and most certainly warm!
These chocolate chip cookies are just perfect for a snack or dessert. Of course, they are amazing with a mug of coffee, a warm cup of tea or perhaps to have something sweet just to kill the cravings.
You can add chips or chunks, maybe break into pieces your favorite chocolate bars, such as Hershey’s or Dove.
My family really loves dark chocolate. However, every now and then these inexpensive chunks serve a great purpose for baking, of course, ahem midnight snack too!
Chocolate chips are one of the most beloved cookies in my house, and I assume in so many of your houses.
When you have kids, especially young ones prepping and baking cookies and phenomenal bonding between parents or grandparents and kids. You could be a cool rock star aunt or uncle when you spend some time making cookies with your nieces and nephews.
In my humble opinion, there is nothing more special than creating happy memories with young ones. Unplug yourself from social media and do just that espcially over the holiday season. Well, you can thank me later!
I really hope you like them because they are simply the best. Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share it with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply the best. Does anything smell better than a cup of coffee and freshly made cookies early in the morning? I certainly do not think so. Make these and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 /2 cup Truvía Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip or chunks
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add applesauce into a large bowl. Add Truvía brown sugar Blend and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Fold in chips. Allow it to cool down for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with butter or coconut oil Bake at 375° Fahrenheit for 12 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on pan 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- King Arthur Flour, Measure for Measure Flour, Gluten Free, 3 Pound
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer Contential Silver RRK150CU (Renewed)
- Cuisinart SM-50 5.5 - Quart Stand Mixer, White
- Taylor Stainless Steel Analog Kitchen Scale, 11 Lb. Capacity
- Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, Mix of Natural Stevia Sweetener and Brown Sugar, 18 oz Bag
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the National Peanut Board. All opinions are entirely my own. Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip is one outstanding sweet treat for all ages. It requires just a bit of your time to make it […]
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. However, my husband and I loved it in my amazing side dish, Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce.
Goodness! That meal was fitting for a king and a queen. It was so tasty that I wished we had leftovers.
This burger is approachable with accessible ingredients. If you like tuna cakes, then you will love these for sure. Although, I have to add that the taste is far better than tuna cakes. For instance, there is nothing like using fresh fish like this Alaskan halibut.
I feel a bit spoiled and extremely grateful because I get fresh fish from Alaska every month. Sitka Salmon Shares has been a blessing to me and my family. We really love fish, but after getting from this monthly subscription, I know what a difference it has made for us.
Sometimes, it is total through back to the ’80s when we would vacation for weeks at the Adriatic Sea. We would eat freshly caught seafood all the time. Nonetheless, over the years you forget how wild salmon taste or cod.
My family loves going on fishing trips and I really appreciate all the catch that my boys would bring o our tend. However, can you even imagine getting a full box, a bounty of delicious fish every month?
We are talking about three species of wild salmon and four species of whitefish, all seasonally home-delivered to your doorstep through our Community Supported Fishery. Perhaps Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, pot-caught spot prawns, and more sounds better to you?
Check it out here:
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them. I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
If you make Simple Halibut Burger Recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Instead of regular beef burgers why don't you make a little switch and make this amazingly delicious and I might add Simple Halibut Burger Recipe. You will not regret it because my halibut burgers are not only simple but extremely tasty as well.
- 1 pound halibut burger meat
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- If your halibut burger meat is frozen then defrost first. I like placing mine in the fridge overnight and mix the ingredients in the morning so it could marinate all day in my fridge for the best-tasting burger.
- Prep and measure everything, then combine all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Line a tray, plate or a baking sheet with silicone baking mat, parchment paper or even plastic wrap would work. This will get the burgers off the tray easily.
- Divide the mixture meat into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties. Sometimes I make them a bit smaller; you could get 6 smaller patties or 4 thicker once. 4 patties would make a bit over 4 oz burger patty.
- Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs on both sides then place on the tray/plate. You can use any breadcrumbs on hand; panko, plain, Italian style, etc.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to up to 12 hours. Allowing burgers to marinate in the fridge will help them bind better as well as cook easier, plus the flavor will be that much tastier.
- Turn your stove to medium-high and heat cast-iron skillet or just a frying pan if you do not have a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the patties, in batches, and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes on one side then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other, flip again and let t cook for an additional two to three minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. The patties will feel firmer in the center when done.
- They are great the next day as well, just make sure to refrigerate them.
You may use some dill as well for the fresh burgers. Also, green onions work well with this mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Silicone Baking Mats - Non Stick Sheet Mat - Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets - Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (2)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set - Square Grill Pan with Square Tempered Glass Lid (10.5 Inch)
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
An easy and delicious recipe for Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs with sauteed cabbage. This was so delicious and totally unexpected. The demand for air fryer recipes is truly overwhelming, so I have decided to start testing recipes for my blog and this is the […]