Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce is a family favorite summer side dish. It goes well with grilled food, but you can just eat it as it is. I grew up enjoying rice with peppers and tomato sauce. That being said, I loved mopping […]
Category: SIDE DISHES
Easy Lyonnaise Potatoes are such a comfort food to me. Ever since I was little, I loved the combination of potatoes and onions sauteed in butter. I do not think there is a better side dish to compliment pretty much any meat, fish. It goes […]
These new potatoes in the assorted rainbow mixture made in the air fryer have its own distinctive flavor and texture as well as color. Some will cook quicker than others, of course.
Needless to say, these air fryer rainbow potatoes with rosemary will turn crunchy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside.
I love potatoes, especially air fryer rainbow potatoes with rosemary. I think I could live without the pasta, which is shocking, but giving up potatoes for nearly 7 months was probably the hardest thing ever.
We include potatoes in so many dishes that I had to be really creative to substitute them when I was fully doing a Keto diet. I am about 70 percent Keto 20 percent Paleo and 10 percent cheat-o.
It’s understandable! We cannot really do certain strict diet 365 days a year. If you can then kudos to you, but I am just being realistic. I am okay rewarding myself with things that I enjoy every once in a while.
Anyhow, cauliflower is a really good alternative and sometimes broccoli, but hey, let’s get real for a second. You really cannot replace potatoes and all their tasty goodness.
Every since we got air fryer, it is in use probably 3 times a day, sometimes more. I have never used any kitchen gadget like I use this device. I am in love!
Well, I must admit that I was skeptical. I really was! However, you guys convinced me to try, and I never looked back.
If you make this recipe or if I inspire you to make any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
To me, it’s all about sharing food so I would love to share at least a picture of your creation with others. Thank you in advance!
These new potatoes in the assorted rainbow mixture have its own distinctive flavor and texture as well as color. Some will cook quicker than others but they all turn crunchy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside.
- 1 pound ( 0.680 kg) new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, place sliced in half potatoes, rosemary, kosher salt, and black pepper. Then drizzle with good olive oil. Mix it well to coat.
- Place the seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes. Check to ensure the potatoes are cooked through. You may use French Fries setting, just adjust the time.
- Serve hot and immediately.
You may use fingerling potatoes, yellow, assorted or any young or new potatoes of your choice. Make sure that potatoes are somewhat the same size even if you slice them in half.
You can add more salt to taste or any other herbs that you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 532mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart. […]
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, in my opinion, is one of the best side dishes for the holiday season, as well as all year round weeknight dinner dish.
I do not make this often. Simply because my family cannot stop eating it until the baking dish is licked clean. We just love this meal so much.
Well, what’s not to like, right? We have creamy potatoes, cheese, and bacon. It literally cannot get any better than that. All my favorite things in one bite.
Ever since we adopted a low carb lifestyle, my husband and I do not eat potatoes. I know, it is sad.
I do miss potatoes the most, but I gotta stick to what’s the best for me.
Anyhow, my kids reminded me of this dish just last week. I was so excited to make it for them.
So, with that being said, I realized that I never in these 9 years of blogging posted this incredibly easy and I must add a tasty recipe.
Now, you can serve this with a side of steamed veggies, or with some meat.
I feel like it is absolutely perfect for holiday family gatherings,
Well, I know that many of you, especially veteran-moms like me, have come up with a similar recipe. P
However, the point of my blog is to post all kinds of recipes. Some going to be easy and some a bit harder, but none complicated.
Of course, the focus is on easy dishes. 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish. Nobody got the time to spend hours in the kitchen and you shouldn’t.
To be honest, I do not spend hours in the kitchen, unless it is Thanksgiving or me testing recipes. I don’t mind spending time in the kitchen, but it is really unnecessary.
Aso, you can use potato flakes, but I believe that freshly made mashed potatoes taste so much better. You’re welcome!!!
Similar recipes that you might like:
Hey, if you make this amazing Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
I am on other social media, just tap on one of the social media tabs or bottoms on the side or on the very bottom of the website.
Easy, tasty and a perfect side dish for your weeknight meals or holiday gatherings.
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Half and Half, a splash more if needed
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, split in half
- 5-6 Slices of Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Chives or Green Onions, green part
- Peel and dice the potatoes in the equal size. Place the potatoes in the large pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt. Boil the potatoes over medium high heat in the water about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the potatoes well, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Smash the potatoes with a fork or potato masher. For the creamiest mashed potatoes use a hand mixer. Mix until smooth in texture. It is the best blending tool for it.
- Add half of the shredded cheddar cheese and fold in to combine.
- Place mashed potatoes in the baking dish and try to make the top smooth. Then add the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- While the Casserole is baking, cook bacon. After it is crunchy, transfer it to kitchen paper towel then crumble it.
- Top baked mashed potato casserole with bacon and chopped chives or green onions.
Choose higher starch potatoes, such as Russet or Yukon gold for the best and most flavor-packed mashed potatoes.
You can make this dish ahead and store in the fridge. Just bake it.
Personally, I do not like storing it longer than a day, but if you ever stored potatoes in the fridge then you do whatever you feel is the best for you.
If you do not eat bacon, you may use other smoked products such as turkey bacon or smoked bits of beef or chicken.
One more old recipe repost because it is winter season, this is comfort food that we love during winter, and you guys kept asking for this recipe. So here is my stuffed cabbage rolls or as we like to call them, Sarma! As much as […]
For some people letting go of summer is hard, and some people live with summer all year round. We make this recipe all summer long and I am officially letting go of summer with these amazing Sweet Pan-Roasted Peppers with Garlic Infused Sauce. I am […]
Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad is one delightful meal. It is pretty and tasty. The first time I tried tofu was about 10 years ago, and let me tell you, I was not a big fan.
I know now why the first time I made tofu it did not taste as good.
To be honest, It looked so appetizing like a block of delicious cheese but it didn’t taste like cheese at all.
So, I started experimenting with different flavors to eat tofu. Right now, I absolutely enjoy tofu.
I retained exactly the same unpleasant factual structure of “Yuck!” when I tried Avocado for the first time or Peanut Butter.
I did not grow up with those foods. By all means, I believe that we had them around in certain local stores, but I have never, ever taste them.
I know that you are laughing, or shaking your head, but seriously the first time I tried delicious Peanut butter I was in my late teens, like 18 years old.
Well, I took peanut butter straight from the jar and almost puked. I know, I went away from the specific topic of this recipe.
However, I just wanted to tell you that all those foods that I positively hated or didn’t grow up eating, now I genuinely love.
I still have people asking me how the tofu tastes? It tastes like nothing, literally.
It is like a sponge, so you got to season it so the tofu could absorb the aroma and flavor. I hope you give tofu a chance. Always get organic kind. Tofu is not expensive so invest in good organic foods.
I hope you try this easy Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad recipe because it is truly delicious.
Hey, and if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share it with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Healthy and easy salad with tofu.
- 1 pack First or Extra Firm Organic Tofu
- Salt to taste about 1/4 teaspoon on each side
- 1 teaspoon Mesquite Seasoning McCormick brand or similar
- Oil to coat the skillet
- Mixed baby greens or Arugula any on hand
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze as much water from the tofu as you can. I add just enjoy pressure not to break tofu block. Wrap in a couple of sheets of kitchen paper towel and keep pat drying it.
- Add Salt on all sides a bit then keep lightly squeezing water out of the tofu.
- Slice tofu into equal slices and add a bit of salt to taste then Mesquite Seasoning. A good pinch of seasoning, You can add any seasoning that you like or prefer, it doesn't have to necessarily be Mesquite Seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or any pan that got grill marks. You can also use a regular pan if you do not have a grill pan. Add a drizzle of oil and allow it to heat up. Turn the heat to medium-high and add tofu.
- Allow tofu to cook or grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see that it is getting nicely golden. Flip on the other side and grill until golden.
- Prep mixed greens on the side, dress them nicely with the olive oil-lemon vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Arrange Tofu on top of the greens then add some tomatoes or any other fruit/ veggies that you would like. Drizzle some more dressing and serve.
You may use any dressing that you prefer. Personally, I just love olive oil-lemon vinaigrette. Also, my kids were dipping the tofu into buffalo-ranch and they loved it. For the tofu to taste good you got to season it to taste, simple as that.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Professional 8 Inch Chefs Knife Set - High Carbon Chef Knife + FREE BONUS Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stainless Steel Rod - High Quality , Razor Sharp, Ergonomic Grip, Balanced Weight.By YourSharpChoices
- Vegan Life Wooden Tofu Press - Removes Water From Tofu Block | Tofu Making Kit
- Bamboo Tofu Press | Removes Excess Water from Tofu in 10-15 Minutes | Solid Wood Tofu Press with Stainless Steel Hardware | Eco-Friendly and Non-Toxic Alternative to Plastic Presses | Made in USA
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? I feel like that I don’t have a favorite way. I simply love potatoes. Just like pasta, potatoes are a staple of my household. Potatoes are important in my life and in lives so many people…