This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart. […]
Category: SIDE DISHES
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, in my opinion, is one of the best side dishes for the holiday season, as well as all year round weeknight dinner dish.
I do not make this often. Simply because my family cannot stop eating it until the baking dish is licked clean. We just love this meal so much.
Well, what’s not to like, right? We have creamy potatoes, cheese, and bacon. It literally cannot get any better than that. All my favorite things in one bite.
Ever since we adopted a low carb lifestyle, my husband and I do not eat potatoes. I know, it is sad.
I do miss potatoes the most, but I gotta stick to what’s the best for me.
Anyhow, my kids reminded me of this dish just last week. I was so excited to make it for them.
So, with that being said, I realized that I never in these 9 years of blogging posted this incredibly easy and I must add a tasty recipe.
Now, you can serve this with a side of steamed veggies, or with some meat.
I feel like it is absolutely perfect for holiday family gatherings,
Well, I know that many of you, especially veteran-moms like me, have come up with a similar recipe. P
However, the point of my blog is to post all kinds of recipes. Some going to be easy and some a bit harder, but none complicated.
Of course, the focus is on easy dishes. 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish. Nobody got the time to spend hours in the kitchen and you shouldn’t.
To be honest, I do not spend hours in the kitchen, unless it is Thanksgiving or me testing recipes. I don’t mind spending time in the kitchen, but it is really unnecessary.
Aso, you can use potato flakes, but I believe that freshly made mashed potatoes taste so much better. You’re welcome!!!
Similar recipes that you might like:
Hey, if you make this amazing Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
I am on other social media, just tap on one of the social media tabs or bottoms on the side or on the very bottom of the website.
Easy, tasty and a perfect side dish for your weeknight meals or holiday gatherings.
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Half and Half, a splash more if needed
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, split in half
- 5-6 Slices of Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Chives or Green Onions, green part
- Peel and dice the potatoes in the equal size. Place the potatoes in the large pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt. Boil the potatoes over medium high heat in the water about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the potatoes well, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Smash the potatoes with a fork or potato masher. For the creamiest mashed potatoes use a hand mixer. Mix until smooth in texture. It is the best blending tool for it.
- Add half of the shredded cheddar cheese and fold in to combine.
- Place mashed potatoes in the baking dish and try to make the top smooth. Then add the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- While the Casserole is baking, cook bacon. After it is crunchy, transfer it to kitchen paper towel then crumble it.
- Top baked mashed potato casserole with bacon and chopped chives or green onions.
Choose higher starch potatoes, such as Russet or Yukon gold for the best and most flavor-packed mashed potatoes.
You can make this dish ahead and store in the fridge. Just bake it.
Personally, I do not like storing it longer than a day, but if you ever stored potatoes in the fridge then you do whatever you feel is the best for you.
If you do not eat bacon, you may use other smoked products such as turkey bacon or smoked bits of beef or chicken.
One more old recipe repost because it is winter season, this is comfort food that we love during winter, and you guys kept asking for this recipe. So here is my stuffed cabbage rolls or as we like to call them, Sarma! As much as […]
For some people letting go of summer is hard, and some people live with summer all year round. We make this recipe all summer long and I am officially letting go of summer with these amazing Sweet Pan-Roasted Peppers with Garlic Infused Sauce. I am […]
Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad is one delightful meal. It is pretty and tasty. The first time I tried tofu was about 10 years ago, and let me tell you, I was not a big fan.
I know now why the first time I made tofu it did not taste as good.
To be honest, It looked so appetizing like a block of delicious cheese but it didn’t taste like cheese at all.
So, I started experimenting with different flavors to eat tofu. Right now, I absolutely enjoy tofu.
I retained exactly the same unpleasant factual structure of “Yuck!” when I tried Avocado for the first time or Peanut Butter.
I did not grow up with those foods. By all means, I believe that we had them around in certain local stores, but I have never, ever taste them.
I know that you are laughing, or shaking your head, but seriously the first time I tried delicious Peanut butter I was in my late teens, like 18 years old.
Well, I took peanut butter straight from the jar and almost puked. I know, I went away from the specific topic of this recipe.
However, I just wanted to tell you that all those foods that I positively hated or didn’t grow up eating, now I genuinely love.
I still have people asking me how the tofu tastes? It tastes like nothing, literally.
It is like a sponge, so you got to season it so the tofu could absorb the aroma and flavor. I hope you give tofu a chance. Always get organic kind. Tofu is not expensive so invest in good organic foods.
I hope you try this easy Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad recipe because it is truly delicious.
Hey, and if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share it with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Healthy and easy salad with tofu.
- 1 pack First or Extra Firm Organic Tofu
- Salt to taste about 1/4 teaspoon on each side
- 1 teaspoon Mesquite Seasoning McCormick brand or similar
- Oil to coat the skillet
- Mixed baby greens or Arugula any on hand
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze as much water from the tofu as you can. I add just enjoy pressure not to break tofu block. Wrap in a couple of sheets of kitchen paper towel and keep pat drying it.
- Add Salt on all sides a bit then keep lightly squeezing water out of the tofu.
- Slice tofu into equal slices and add a bit of salt to taste then Mesquite Seasoning. A good pinch of seasoning, You can add any seasoning that you like or prefer, it doesn't have to necessarily be Mesquite Seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or any pan that got grill marks. You can also use a regular pan if you do not have a grill pan. Add a drizzle of oil and allow it to heat up. Turn the heat to medium-high and add tofu.
- Allow tofu to cook or grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see that it is getting nicely golden. Flip on the other side and grill until golden.
- Prep mixed greens on the side, dress them nicely with the olive oil-lemon vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Arrange Tofu on top of the greens then add some tomatoes or any other fruit/ veggies that you would like. Drizzle some more dressing and serve.
You may use any dressing that you prefer. Personally, I just love olive oil-lemon vinaigrette. Also, my kids were dipping the tofu into buffalo-ranch and they loved it. For the tofu to taste good you got to season it to taste, simple as that.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Professional 8 Inch Chefs Knife Set - High Carbon Chef Knife + FREE BONUS Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stainless Steel Rod - High Quality , Razor Sharp, Ergonomic Grip, Balanced Weight.By YourSharpChoices
- Vegan Life Wooden Tofu Press - Removes Water From Tofu Block | Tofu Making Kit
- Bamboo Tofu Press | Removes Excess Water from Tofu in 10-15 Minutes | Solid Wood Tofu Press with Stainless Steel Hardware | Eco-Friendly and Non-Toxic Alternative to Plastic Presses | Made in USA
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? I feel like that I don’t have a favorite way. I simply love potatoes. Just like pasta, potatoes are a staple of my household. Potatoes are important in my life and in lives so many people…
I feel like everyone loves quick, easy and fun pasta recipes. So this fall-inspired Mediterranean Pasta Salad falls right into quick, and easy dishes. We love this delicious DaVinci Pasta, you can really taste the quality with each bite you take. I have decided to […]
I have been making a lot of pasta salads lately. I really love how we have so many options and variations that we can create with pasta
This one was one of those pasta salads that reminded me greatly of summers that I used to spend in the rural countryside where the meadows were still untouchable by humans
So, as I was putting together this salad, it just reminded me of some childhood memories spent in beautiful countrysides
This salad was beautiful, and very delicious as well. It would be perfect to share with your family and friends over a good ole BBQ.
I would imagine that this pasta salad would be outstanding if paired with a delicately grilled juicy steak. Oh, that sounds so mouthwatering right now!
One thing about me is that I cannot resist grilled food, as well as pasta. I am a huge carb lover, even though I am trying to cut it down as much as I can
My family loved this salad since everything works very well together and the vegetables are raw so my boys like it as well
Also, if I have any leftovers, I just store it in a jar and refrigerate. It holds very well in the fridge for 3 days. I do not like keeping cooked food in the fridge for more than 3 days, but I assume it would be okay to keep it up to 5 days.
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Simple and delicious pasts salad.
- 1 pounds Pasta
- 3 Boiled Eggs
- 5 Asparagus blanched
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1 small Zucchini
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 tbsp. chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Mayo Light
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream Yogurt could be used
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Chili flakes optional
How to Blanch Veggies?
- Boil a pot of water, add a good pinch of salt, add vegetables and boil for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Drain and submerge in cold water, preferably ice cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5-Blade Spiralizer Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Noodle Maker, Fruits and Veggies Slicer for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals with Labeled Blades and Storage Box, Cleaning Brush (Free Recipe Book)
- Chefast Herb Scissors Set - Multipurpose Cutting Shears with 5 Stainless Steel Blades, Jute Pouches, and Safety Cover with Cleaning Comb - Cutter/Chopper/Mincer for Herbs - Kitchen Gadget
I have been on the salad kick lately, and I absolutely love it. I think this combination of ingredients works pretty well with each other and a nice sour taste from vinaigrette gives you a nice zesty taste which is just perfect for this salad. […]