What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? I feel like that I don’t have a favorite way. I simply love potatoes. Just like pasta, potatoes are a staple of my household. Potatoes are important in my life and in lives so many people…
Category: SIDE DISHES
I feel like everyone loves quick, easy and fun pasta recipes. So this fall-inspired Mediterranean Pasta Salad falls right into quick, and easy dishes. We love this delicious DaVinci Pasta, you can really taste the quality with each bite you take. I have decided to […]
I have been making a lot of pasta salads lately. I really love how we have so many options and variations that we can create with pasta
This one was one of those pasta salads that reminded me greatly of summers that I used to spend in the rural countryside where the meadows were still untouchable by humans
So, as I was putting together this salad, it just reminded me of some childhood memories spent in beautiful countrysides
This salad was beautiful, and very delicious as well. It would be perfect to share with your family and friends over a good ole BBQ.
I would imagine that this pasta salad would be outstanding if paired with a delicately grilled juicy steak. Oh, that sounds so mouthwatering right now!
One thing about me is that I cannot resist grilled food, as well as pasta. I am a huge carb lover, even though I am trying to cut it down as much as I can
My family loved this salad since everything works very well together and the vegetables are raw so my boys like it as well
Also, if I have any leftovers, I just store it in a jar and refrigerate. It holds very well in the fridge for 3 days. I do not like keeping cooked food in the fridge for more than 3 days, but I assume it would be okay to keep it up to 5 days.
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Simple and delicious pasts salad.
- 1 pounds Pasta
- 3 Boiled Eggs
- 5 Asparagus blanched
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1 small Zucchini
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 tbsp. chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Mayo Light
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream Yogurt could be used
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Chili flakes optional
How to Blanch Veggies?
- Boil a pot of water, add a good pinch of salt, add vegetables and boil for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Drain and submerge in cold water, preferably ice cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5-Blade Spiralizer Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Noodle Maker, Fruits and Veggies Slicer for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals with Labeled Blades and Storage Box, Cleaning Brush (Free Recipe Book)
- Chefast Herb Scissors Set - Multipurpose Cutting Shears with 5 Stainless Steel Blades, Jute Pouches, and Safety Cover with Cleaning Comb - Cutter/Chopper/Mincer for Herbs - Kitchen Gadget
Scallion-Mushroom Frittata is one of my go-to brunches, especially when the kids are going to school. PBJ sandwiches or cereals just do not cut it anymore. Well, they never did. I was more of eggs and bacon gal. With that being said, this kind of breakfast is perfect to […]
Cauliflower Ranch-Parmesan Baked Bites is amazingly delicious, easy and so versatile. You can pretty much use any flavor that you want or desire. After testing several different coatings or flavors, my family liked this one the best. To be honest, I do not know why […]
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes are such an amazing side dish. This potatoes literally go well with everything, or you could eat it just like this.
Let us get something clear, skillet and potatoes just go together like butter and bread.
Well, if you ask me, any food made in a skillet tastes so much better.
This dish is so simple, and I always have to make a double batch because my family cannot have enough of these potatoes when I roast them.
They go so well with any meat or fish. Usually, I serve them with grilled chicken and mixed greens salad.
Also, if you by any chance have leftovers, these potatoes make an amazing potato salad.
There is nothing more satisfying than placing a roasted potato in your mouth- it’s like a burst of flavour.
I just love these delightful Roasted Rosemary Potatoes that you could serve any day of the week.
Perhaps for a weekend cook-out with some juicy steak or just snack on them like watching your favourite show. I know! I’ve done that before.
If you get inspired and make Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes easy and simple side dish recipe
- 1 lb young red or white-skinned potatoes or multi-coloured potatoes
- 3 cups water + 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Boil 3 cups of water with a half tablespoon of salt and pre-washed potatoes. Boil for about 15 minutes at high heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After boiling the potatoes, drain out them and transfer the potatoes to a skillet, then spread out into 1 layer.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil, black pepper, sea salt, rosemary and dried parsley.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are somewhat golden and tender. If the fork goes through them easily then they are done. Make sure to turn them around with a spatula or similar at half time during cooking to assure even browning.
You may add other herbs such as thyme. You can use medley potatoes, or any small or young potatoes for this dish or a mixture of all.
For a bigger family, use more potatoes, just make sure that they are roasted in one layer. If you have any bacon drippings use it for this. You won't be sorry if you eat bacon, of course.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- Versa Ceramic Cookware by Xtrema - Short Handled 2.5 Quart Sauce Pot with Matching Lid Cover - Dishwasher, Stove, Oven, Grill, Microwave Safe - Black
- Enamel Stock Pot Rose Enamel Cooking Pot Enameled Pot with Lid (1.6 qt (1.5 L))
Superfoods Salad is such an amazing salad to surprise your insides with. Superfood definition: A nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. We eat superfood every day, and a beautiful combination of different food makes us feel good, makes us healthy. […]
When I think about cauliflower, many dishes come to my mind, but deep fried, pickled, or raw were my favorite ways to eat this power vegetable. To include cooked cauliflower in our diet often I started to roast it. Making them with different flavors just […]
The perfect companion to the grilled food are tasty baked potatoes.
Well, baked potatoes really do not require too much work and this is totally doable any time of the year since we can find potatoes year around.
I do the same with my sweet potatoes, and sometimes I cut the potatoes lengthwise and bake the whole tray for 30 minutes.
Mainly because my whole family simply adore potato halves with shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream with dash of salt.
These are my childhood stable food, and now my kids’ enjoy it as well. From camps, weekend grilling to cold winter evenings this was my treat. Baked potatoes are special to me.
Seriously, I have a lot of foods that remind me of days when I was itsy-bitsy. So, these baked potatoes are one of them.
Anyhow, I used simple toppings. Toppings that we all like, such as butter, sour cream, and parm cheese, but you can use whatever you prefer.
We have used cream cheese before as well as brie cheese. Many times before I would just add generous pinch of salt or peel them and make potato salad.
So you see, even as simple as these potatoes are you can make them into different dish or eat as it is.
I wish you all an amazing day and Happy Cooking!!!
If you try Baked Potato recipe or any other, please tag me on Instagram @Sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
The perfect companion to the grilled food, or just when you crave baked potato. It doesn’t require too much work and this is totally doable any time of the year since we can find potatoes year around.
- 6 Russet Potatoes preferably same size (Also known as Idaho Potatoes)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Topping option for each
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Unsalted Butter
- Sour Cream
- Chives or green onions
- Pinch of Herbs or spices parsley, Za'atar, or chili flakes
- Preheat to 400F (200C)
- Wash potatoes very well.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork, then rub with olive oil;
- Season each potato generously with salt and ground black pepper.
- Lay for each potato a square of aluminum foil and wrap it completely and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender. Use a kitchen towel and press the potato lightly, if it's softer or tender, the potato is done.
- If you do not want to use aluminum foil, then place potatoes on the cooking rack in the middle of the oven, and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 F or until tender.
- Carefully open the aluminum foil if you are using it, then cut open each potato in the middle and lightly squeeze so the potato could open wide.
- Using a fork, just lightly scrape and mix inside of the potatoes before adding any topping.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with butter, sour cream, Parmesan, chives or any topping that you prefer.
I used heavy duty alum foil. It is not necessary to use it, but the potatoes are cooked much faster and we like it. It is the best if you use the same size potatoes.
The cooking time will also vary on the size of your potato. You can use as many as you want as long as it could fit in your oven, but I got to mention that any leftover potatoes makes a fantastic salad the next day.