This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Family Fare. All opinions are entirely my own.
I do not know about you, but I could live on these Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes. My family is completely and utterly obsessed with the exquisite taste of this delightful side dish.
Can you imagine how amazing this would be served over football season, and to even be the star food during potlucks? Perhaps the perfect food to share with your loved ones over the holidays. If you ask me, this is a perfect party food for any occasion.
I have always enjoyed croquettes, but with the addition of everything bagel seasoning, this classic French delicacy just got a facelift.
At this moment in time, these beauties are loved all over the world, and every country likely has their own version of croquettes. My Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes are just a bit different and I love it!
I partnered with Family Fare, a supermarket in the mid-west that is the “go-to” neighborhood grocery store that provides REAL VALUES, for real people, to create a recipe using Our Family products and showcase their Everything Bagel Seasoning. Which I am a huge fan of.
The Everything Bagel is a classic, known for its savory and complex blend of spices.
You can find Everything Bagel Seasoning and all the other ingredients at all of SpartanNash’s retail stores located in the Mid-West. With nearly 2,000 items located throughout the store, Our Family has something for everyone and every occasion.
Let’s get back to the seasoning. Our Family has taken the best part of the Everything Bagel and bottled it for you and your family!
Our Family’s Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend combinessesame seeds, sea salt, garlic, onion and poppy seeds to create the seasoningblend you never realized your breakfast, lunch, and dinner was missing.
The Family Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend pairs well with anything your heart, or stomach, desires – pizza, popcorn, eggs, chicken, toast, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, vegetables.
My family is obsessed with this seasoning, and I really believe that you will be as well. #OurFamilyEverythingSeasoning
If you make this recipe or any other from my blog please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking. Thanks in advance!
Simple and easy recipe for amazingly delicious Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes
- 1 box Our Family mashed potato, read the instruction on the box; Water, butter, salt, and milk
- 1 large egg, optional
- 1 tablespoon oil + for frying
- 1//2 pound ground beef, 20/80
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs, more if needed
- 2.5 oz Our Family Everything bagel seasoning
- Follow instruction on the back of the mashed potato box.
You would need 4-6 servings, depending on how many serving you are planning to
make. 2 patties are enough per person. You can make 15-16 equal-sized
- Heat a skillet with oil and sauté on the medium-high heat.
Cook until the meat is completely cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring
and breaking the meat into small chunks. If you have any leftover grease,
please drain it out before mixing it with the mashed potatoes. You may add one
egg in the mixture, but it is not necessary.
- Wait for a few minutes until the meat is a bit cooled then
add to the mashed potato bowl. Using a wooden spoon or similar mix together
very well the mixture. Taste and see if it needs any more salt or pepper. If
the mixture is too warm to work with refrigerating for 20 minutes and then make
- Make patties between 2 oz to 3 oz. You may use the scale to
measure. Not necessary, but sometimes handy if you wish your croquettes to be
the same size. You may also make bite-size croquettes as shown on the pictures.
They are about the size of a golf ball.
- Make patties and place on the tray lined up with parchment
or wax paper. Cover with it as well and place the tray in the fridge for 30
minutes so the croquettes could chill. You may prep them overnight as well.
- After chilling, place three plates; flour, mixed eggs,
breadcrumbs with everything bagel seasoning.
- Drench into the flour on both sides as well as around, dip
in the egg mixture then into breadcrumbs mixed with everything bagel; set aside
and back on the tray. Continue until everything is complete.
- Now, you may place it back to the fridge if you do not plan
to fry these right away or just heat the oil and fry.
- Line paper towel on the plate or cookie rack.
- Heat about 1 cup of oil for frying.
- Never over crowed the frying skillet. Fry 3 or 4 croquettes
at the time at medium-high heat. Fry for a minute then flip and fry again until
you reach a deep golden color.
- Take out and set on the lined up kitchen paper towel.
You may make these meatless and use mushrooms or just
chives to create an amazing appetizer.
I tried these with egg and without it. I like it both ways. Adding one egg makes it somewhat more creamy on the inside. It is really not neccecery but you may use it if you would like to test it yourself.
These hold well in the lunch boxes for school or work.
Our Family Everything bagel seasoning contain sodium so please be aware of that before adding too much salt into your croquettes.
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Bundle. 10.5” Griddle, 8” Skillet, 10.25” Skillet, 10.25” Dutch Oven, and 10.25” Lid
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.