Phyllo Triangles Stuffed with Cheese is a fantastic appetizer, party food, or you could just eat it as a snack. I grew up eating this tasty treat just stuffed with cow cheese mixed with eggs, then stuffed in the homemade dough. Many of you call read more
Category: LUNCH BOX
If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name. read more
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich.
You guys asked me so many time to post my version of this amazing sandwich and I always hesitated. To be honest, I was testing how I like it the best without offering anyone regarding how I make it.
I ate so many different version even though they all contain the same ingredients just slightly different made or prepared. In the end, what is truly authentic?
It’s food, a recipe and everyone add their own print, right? You are allowed to experiment and put your own little twist on dishes that you make for you and tour family.
That being said, my family went crazy for this one. Also, I made for my husband’s staff and they all loved it so I am confident that you guys going to love this recipe.
I made 3 trays full of these Cubanos and I couldn’t resist. I didn’t have a piece of bread or anything with gluten for about 3 months at all, and this was rebirth experience.
So, if you are on low carb diet then you know what I mean. Anyhow, you can totally use low carb tortilla if you are on keto. It’s not the same as having a nice Cuban bread but, hey, better than nothing! Haha
It is truly amazing and so delicious and I really hope you give this sandwich a try.
When you make my Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich, or any other recipe from my blog please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 tablspoon ground black pepper
- 5-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt.
- Four 10 inches (approximately) Cuban sandwich loaves, sliced into 4 equal sizes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 pound sliced smoked ham
- Dill pickles sliced lengthwise
- Roast pork
- 8-10 ounces Swiss cheese slices
FOR PRESSING SANDWICH
- Garlic and Herbs Butter or read notes
- Cast iron grill pan with cast iron grill press
- OR PANINI PRESS
- Place pork into a largest ziplock bag then pours the marinade. Make sure that marinade is very well combined before pouring it over the pork. massage the pork for a bit to coat then close the ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably 12 hours. Halfway through turn the ziplock on the other side and massage it again just to make sure the pork is well coated with the marinade.
Oven roast pork in Dutch Oven for 3 to 3 ½ hours on lower heat at 350°F. Take it out of the oven, and allow it to cool down for 20-30 minutes before shredding or carving against the grain.
You can use your slow cooker: Set on high and slow cook for 4-6 hours depending on the size. You may slice it in big chunks so the pork fit well in the slow cooker. Shred pork using two forks as soon as the pork is falling apart.
Grilling pork brings an amazing flavor and it's my favorite ways to prep meat.
When I am cooking it on my Traeger Grill:
- I prep my smoker for 15 minutes at 250° Fahrenheit with the lid closed. Then I place pork directly on the grill and cook for 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and put the pork in the center on the heavy-duty foil, then bring up the sides of the foil a little bit before pouring the apple cider on top of the pork butt.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the pork, make sure the cider does not escape.
- Place the foil-wrapped pork butt back on the grill and cook until the temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, in the thickest part of the meat, about 2-3 more hours longer depending on the size of the pork butt.
- Allow it to cool DOWN completely for about 30 minutes in foil before shredding or carving against the grain.
- Slice Cuban bread loaf in half then spread unsalted butter on one size and mustard on the other.
- Add sliced or shredded pork, ham, cheese slices, and pickles. Close and spread or brush soften garlic and herbs butter on top then slice into equal portions.
- Preheat your grill pan and cook these but pressing onto the cast iron grill. pan and pressing it with cast iron grill press. You can turn it around if you wish and do the same on the other side. You may use a panini press or just bake in the oven if you do not wish to press it at all. I like keeping them in the warm oven wrapped before serving, or microwave to make the hot.
- If you get pork shoulder butt with a bone, no worries you can still do this and it will taste great.
- If you wish to use Pork Loin or Tenderloin, it's great! I tried it and it tastes fantastic. You do not need to panic.
- If you like any other pickle or ham go ahead and adapt to your liking. Maybe you like dijon mustard use that one. We prefer yellow mustard and smoked ham over honey glazed ham.
- If you cant get garlic and herbs butter then spread butter on the bread and sprinkle with herbs and garlic powder.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid, Opens 180 Degrees for Any Sandwich Thickness (25460A) Nonstick 8" x 10" Grids Chrome Finish
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Pre-seasoned Grill Pan with Easy Grease Draining for Grilling Bacon, Steak, and Meats.
- Lodge Rectangular Cast Iron Grill Press. 6.75 x 4.5" Cast Iron Grill Press with Cool-Grip Spiral Handle.
- SANDRA MIHIC's Amazon Page
I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry. I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. read more
I love Mexican cuisine as much as Tex-Mex food. I mean, who would say no, right?! A bit of Texas with a bit of Mexico and you get an amazing combo bursting with flavor. These beef taco bowls are just incredibly tasty. You can make read more
Salads make such an amazing lunch or dinner. We all love quick and easy lunch like this. I do not like adding a bunch of stuff to my chicken salad so this is as easy as it gets. I love pickles so that is always a must for me.
Actually, my daughter, Anna loves salads like this just as much as me. We could eat for days tuna as well as salmon salad, which is coming soon on my blog, potato salads, and egg salad as well.
Sometimes it scares me how much in common we have with each other. She loves almost everything that I love, except pies. She would rather take a cake over a pie, and I am the opposite. Never come between me and my pie, although as long as a cake does not contain any frosting I am loving it, too.
Anyhow, this was one amazing lunch that we enjoyed very much and we hope you will enjoy it as well.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast cooked
- 1/2-1 Celery rib/stick finely diced
- 6 Kosher Mini Pickles finely diced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Flakes or Powder You can use 1/4 raw onion as well, just finely dice it
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonesse I used Mayo with Avocado Oil
- Croissants Toast, Hoagie Rolls, tortilla/wraps etc.
- Lettuce – Boston butter, or any other greens that you prefer
- Shred chicken and run across with a sharp knife to make sure that the chicken is really finely chopped. Dice celery and pickles. If you like sweet relish please add that although I prefer Kosher Mini Pickles.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients, as you can see in my pictures.
- Mix it very well, place in the container with a fitted lid and transfer it to the fridge.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve it in the sandwiches, lettuce cups, wraps, etc.
Properly stored, the chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. How long can chicken salad be left at room temperature?
Chicken salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
You can use baked, roasted, boiled chicken or perhaps store-bought rotisserie chicken or any other on hand or whatever is convenient for you. I like to boil mine with herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, carrots, onion, and ginger.
This way I can use that broth in my cooking like stews, soups or similar. You can also use chicken breast on the one and just remove the meat from the bone when it cooked. You can also use a combination of dark and white meat, which always gives you amazing flavor and texture.
When I think about cauliflower, many dishes come to my mind, but deep fried, pickled, or raw were my favorite ways to eat this power vegetable. To include cooked cauliflower in our diet often I started to roast it. Making them with different flavors just read more
This breaded cutlet or schnitzel is a quite popular dish in Serbia and around the world. It is also called Karadjordjeva schnitzel. It is named after a prince Karadjordje, also known as Black George. This was created by a Yugoslavian president’s personal chef for nearly read more
Deviled eggs are such an amazing appetizer. We can serve it over holidays, Easter or just make one heck of the charcuterie board.
To be honest, I am swamped today. I had several different recipes that I prepped, cooked, tested, styled and then finally photographed. Well, I got up and 6:30 this morning, and started to work just after my first coffee.
Which was around 8 am. If you know me, well, it takes a little planning. A little reading, doodling, drinking a cup of coffee and eating a muffin to brighten my day.
Oh, and preparing breakfast for my munchkins, of course. In other words, I absolutely love my Fridays, especially if it is gloomy Friday morning, much like today.
My husband totally does not get me, but I really love gloomy days. Sometimes it just makes me so happy to stay in PJs all day, light my candles, make myself a cup of coffee or tea, and watch shows or read.
I did not know what to post today at first, sweet hot cross buns or deviled eggs. Therefore, my apologies in advance for taking an easy way out and posting a simpler recipe.
When it comes to boiled eggs, I am a complete nut. Just like when we are talking about pasta, bread or mashed potatoes. Those are my weaknesses!!!
If I tell you a simple fact about me, you, my friend would not believe me.
Ok! Now I gotta say it. When I was about 8, or maybe 9, we always had over 100 easters eggs, all dyed in beautiful homemade colors, ready for neighborhood kids to come and collect.
Just like here in the USA children go “trick or treat” on Halloween night. We would go around the neighborhood to households that celebrated Easier and collect eggs on Eastern Orthodox Easter.
Sometimes, both Easters, Catholic, and Orthodox match on the same Sunday so it was that much more celebration all around. Needless to say, it was an egg and sweet goodies heaven.
Anyhow, that one Easter I ate over 20 hard-boiled eggs. Why? To this day I have no idea, BUT, I am assuming because I love em’ so very much, plus I loved eating so much. Do not ask what happened after… MOVING ON!!!
I made dozen Deviled Eggs today, and every time I turned around I would pop one in. Above all, what you see in the picture was all that is left. I have a serious problem.
Recipes that you might like:
- Caramelized Onion Tart
- Creamy Spinach Puff Pastry
- Piglets in a Blanket
- Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
IF you make my version of Deviled Eggs, please tag me on Facebook and Instagram. @sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much for all your support. Happy Cooking!
An easy and tasty recipe for the best Deviled Eggs ever.
- 6 large organic eggs
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish (or thinly chopped pickles if you prefer that better)
- Salt approx. 1/8 tsp. or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus a sprinkle more for garnish or use paprika
- Put the eggs in a single layer in a pot and cover with cold water to an inch and a half over the eggs. Let the eggs boil on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes. After 7-10 minutes, move the pot from the burner on the side, and let the eggs stay in the pot covered for the next 5 minutes. Drain the hot water, and replace it with cold. Try to cool down the eggs in cold water for a few minutes, changing the water more than several times. Once cool enough to the touch, peel the eggs under cold running water. *Often I break the eggshell and drop back in the cold water, leaving them for a few minutes for easier peeling.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise with a knife, starting from the round end and go to the tip. Pop-out the yolks into a mixing bowl and put whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl. Use an electric mixer or mash the yolks using a fork until it is well combined, then taste (add salt to taste). If the mixture is too thick for you, add a little more mayo. Then, add finely chopped sweet relish or pickles. If you do not want to add it, then push the mixture through a sieve or small-holed colander to get out any remaining yolk-lumps. This is optional if you actually like the lumps.
- You can just spoon into the whites, but filling egg whites using a pastry bag is so much prettier. In that case, fill a pastry bag with the egg yolk mixture, use star tip and pipe into the center of the whites.
- Garnish Deviled Eggs just before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 100% Bamboo Kitchen Dish Cloths (6pcs-Pack,1 Pack) White Washcloths Dish Towels,Dish Rags(12 x 12 Inch), Ultra Absorbent Better Than Cotton
- Index Color-Coded Cutting Board Set with Holder Non-slip Thick Boards for Kitchen
- Portmeirion Botanic Garden Devilled Egg Dish 12-Inch
- Chef Buddy 82-Y3458 Deviled Egg Trays with Snap On Lids, Set of 2
- Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus Cake Decorating Tool, Cake Icing Tool
Happy Mid-week peeps! I am finally back to my morning routine. You guessed, kids are back to school! I love my peaceful mornings; coffee, music, and photo shoots, recipe testings, etc. Most mornings, until noon, my house is wrapped with the aroma of something delicious read more