Salads make such an amazing lunch or dinner. We all love quick and easy lunch like this. I do not like adding a bunch of stuff to my chicken salad so this is as easy as it gets. I love pickles so that is always a must for me.
Actually, my daughter, Anna loves salads like this just as much as me. We could eat for days tuna as well as salmon salad, which is coming soon on my blog, potato salads, and egg salad as well.
Sometimes it scares me how much in common we have with each other. She loves almost everything that I love, except pies. She would rather take a cake over a pie, and I am the opposite. Never come between me and my pie, although as long as a cake does not contain any frosting I am loving it, too.
Anyhow, this was one amazing lunch that we enjoyed very much and we hope you will enjoy it as well.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast cooked
- 1/2-1 Celery rib/stick finely diced
- 6 Kosher Mini Pickles finely diced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Flakes or Powder You can use 1/4 raw onion as well, just finely dice it
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonesse I used Mayo with Avocado Oil
- Croissants Toast, Hoagie Rolls, tortilla/wraps etc.
- Lettuce – Boston butter, or any other greens that you prefer
- Shred chicken and run across with a sharp knife to make sure that the chicken is really finely chopped. Dice celery and pickles. If you like sweet relish please add that although I prefer Kosher Mini Pickles.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients, as you can see in my pictures.
- Mix it very well, place in the container with a fitted lid and transfer it to the fridge.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve it in the sandwiches, lettuce cups, wraps, etc.
Properly stored, the chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. How long can chicken salad be left at room temperature?
Chicken salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
You can use baked, roasted, boiled chicken or perhaps store-bought rotisserie chicken or any other on hand or whatever is convenient for you. I like to boil mine with herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, carrots, onion, and ginger.
This way I can use that broth in my cooking like stews, soups or similar. You can also use chicken breast on the one and just remove the meat from the bone when it cooked. You can also use a combination of dark and white meat, which always gives you amazing flavor and texture.