If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name.…
Search Results: low carb
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread.
When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean up my act and start the most strict form of carb cleanse because I felt like I was out of control.
Have you heard of Keto Bread? I am almost certain that you all probably heard about it, so I just made my version of the same bread.
You guys know that I was baking a homemade bread almost every single day. If not bread than some kind of rolls, focaccia or flatbread.
I am one of those people that would eat heartily bread with pasta. Yup! Guilty as charged… but that was it! It was a time for me to change.
Well, I am entering my fourth week and I feel freaking fantastic. I lost lots of inches, a nice chunk of weight for a beginner, not too much like some people, but it is going slow and steady which I like the most.
My sleep and energy level drastically improved, I no longer snore, I have far fewer cramps and no headaches. Overall, so far so good!
I know we all have different successes and even failures, some see amazing results in a shorter period of time and for some of us takes time. That’s okay. We are all different and unique.
What can I say? I have never felt better, however, yes, I missed bread the most so I made my own. We tried to experiment for a week with it, and I think this is it. I absolutely love this version.
The first one that I made was too eggy and buttery, so I dropped to six-room temp eggs, added ghee instead of coconut oil, and used a bit of sour cream to make it rise up a bit more.
My family wanted to support me so they join Keto Fun as well. So now, I need one fridge just for bacon and eggs because they literally ate over the weekend my week supply of both.
Also, they sincerely love this bread as well and it was gone for lunch. Like, seriously?! I could eat this bread all week long. LE SIGH!
Anyhow, It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste… Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. With that being said, please, comment and tag me if you make it.
Or just post a pic and tag me so I can re-post. I really want your feedback; good, bad, and ugly! Can’t wait to see your creation. Thanks!!!
P.S. I am affiliated with Amazon so those links below in my recipe form I linked personally. It is not an ad but purposely added a link by me.
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website.
It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste…Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
- 200 g Almond Meal Roughly 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Guar Gum or 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Ghee softened
- 30 g Unsalted Irish Butter room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp. Whole Sour Cream
- 6 Large Organic Eggs Simple Truth, Cage Free, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Measure everything, mix eggs, and softened ghee and butter.
- Combine one by one, start with almond meal flour, then add baking powder, salt, guar gum or xanthan gum; Mix it then add, butter/ghee, sour cream, and eggs.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or just lightly grease a nonstick baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is golden on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and slide on the cooling rack. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure it is in the airtight container or ziplock type of bag
Use Room Temp Eggs. Just leave them on the countertop for 15 minutes or you may drop them in the warm water for 5 minutes to warm up. The bread turns much better.
I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni. This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2 Foods. All opinions are entirely my own. Chicken Burger with spicy peanut butter slaw was amazing. Not only are these simple to prepare, but after grilling or cooking, you can keep the patties…
This post is sponsored by Mission Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
An air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, so I thought to use Mission® Tortillas and create these simple vegetarian air fryer mushroom and cheese taquitos.
Don’t you just love the way these taquitos look?
Not only are you going to love the taste and texture, but they are super easy to prep, plus you will not miss the meat factor at all.
Obviously, these are cooked in an air fryer, however, you can easily use your skillet or bake them in the oven.
Ever since I started my low-carb journey, I began experimenting with different recipes, and I enjoyed making my meals using Mission Foods Carb Balance tortillas. I love that they are keto-friendly, soft, and taste so good! It’s the perfect solution for any picky eaters out there.
If you did not know already, you can find Mission tortillas in the bread or Mexican/multicultural foods aisle at Publix.
I like that they have so many options for anyone’s taste and dietary needs; gluten-free tortillas, protein tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, low carb tortillas, low-calorie tortillas, and smaller street taco-sized tortillas.
Anyway, I thought it would be an excellent substitution for shredded taco chicken if I used King oyster mushrooms. I love mushrooms, so this was very flavorful.
Just in case you are unable to find King oyster mushrooms, I would suggest shiitakes, which are easier to find and less expensive, and just as delicious.
I will love it if you try this recipe. During the Be the Best You promotion going on now through 2/20/21 at Publix, you can get a few packs of Mission Tortillas, whichever you prefer, and create a delicious meal with 55¢ off any one (1) Mission Carb Balance, Protein, Gluten Free or Organic Tortillas 8–20 oz.
Pick up the 1/23 Extra Savings flyer in-store to find out more or access it online here!
If you make Air Fryer Mushroom and Cheese Taquitos or any other recipe, please tag me on instagram @sandraseasycooking. Thank you!
For more meatless recipes please tap here
An air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, so I thought to use Mission Tortillas and create these simple vegetarian air fryer mushrooms and cheese taquitos. They are super simple and tasty, As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
low-calorie tortillas, or smaller street taco-sized tortillas.
An air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, so I thought to use Mission Tortillas and create these simple vegetarian air fryer mushrooms and cheese taquitos. They are super simple and tasty,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2 Foods. All opinions are entirely my own. Tofu and Veggie Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce is such a fantastic dish; it’s going to make you crave it over and over again. This meal…
Colcannon with Kale and Bacon is a tasty side dish and an excellent choice to make for St. Patrick’s Day, however, I could eat it probably every single day.
Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish of buttery mashed potatoes with sauteed kale or cabbage.
I added crunchy bacon because it goes so well together, and who would not like a bit a crunch to their bite.
Let’s be honest, I absolutely adore mashed potatoes. Well, I love potatoes in general.
There are so many amazing meals that we could make using this amazing ingredient. Don’t you agree?
Anyhow, back to mashed potatoes. I said this many times before, but let me mention again.
When I go to the restaurant I order a bowl of mashed potatoes rather than focused on anything else.
This tasty side dish is just incredible. It is warm, comforting, delicious and such an easy dish to make.
If you want to make it vegetarian or even vegan, skip bacon of course and use dairy-free butter and nut milk to create a creamy texture.
Although I do like a bit of chunky mash from time to time. So as you can see it is really possible to create this dish completely “clean” and vegan.
If you get inspired and make this Colcannon with Kale and Bacon, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see all your tasty creations. Thank you so much in advance!
Recipes you might like:
Colcannon with Kale and Bacon is a simple and extremely tasty Irish side dish.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes, russets (add salt to water)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- ¾-1 cup half and half, cream (milk will do as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 4 cups stemmed, rinsed, and chopped green kale
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes in boiling water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a pan over medium heat and cook sliced bacon, stirring often, until it is nicely crisped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add chopped onion (green onions could be used as well) to the pan and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 to the 6-minute max.
- Add washed and chopped kale to bacon and onion, then cook until wilted but still bright green, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. If you want softer kale you could steam it prior to sauteing. I add a pinch of salt and pepper just to season kale a bit but no more than a pinch.
- Use a potato masher or an electric mixer to make a nice smooth mash. Hand masher will make potatoes more chunky, so use it if you like your potatoes that way.
- Add the butter and half and a half (cream or milk) to the potatoes and continue to mash until the large lumps are gone. Add salt to taste and black pepper, then mix well. I like adding garlic powder to the mashed potatoes so just add about 1/4 teaspoon or more if you would like to the mashed potatoes and stir well. Also, add enough salt to please your taste buds.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes bacon, kale and onion mixture. Taste the colcannon and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot and top with a pat of butter.
You may use green cabbage or savoy cabbage instead of kale. I like it with either since it pairs so well with buttery mashed potatoes.
For vegetarian or even vegan options, you omit bacon obviously and use dairy-free butter and nut milk. It will be a bit different but still a tasty side dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- Wooden Salad Bowl Set with Servers - 12 Inch x 3 inch Mango Wood Bowl with Spoons for Soups, Fruit, Pasta and Mixed Salads | Water Resistant Enamel Lined Serving Bowl Set
Extremely tasty, warm and comforting recipe for Cheese Stuffed Dinner Rolls. You will love these soft, garlicky and cheesy bread bombs. If you love soft dinner rolls than you will adore these beauties with cheese, brushed with butter, garlic and herbs. From time to time…