If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name. […]
Search Results: low carb
These days I spend experimenting with low carb bread recipes. So, that’s how this easy low carb and I might add keto friendly savoury scones are born. I dearly miss bread, so I had to come with something to satisfy my bread cravings. When I […]
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread.
When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean up my act and start the most strict form of carb cleanse because I felt like I was out of control.
Have you heard of Keto Bread? I am almost certain that you all probably heard about it, so I just made my version of the same bread.
You guys know that I was baking a homemade bread almost every single day. If not bread than some kind of rolls, focaccia or flatbread.
I am one of those people that would eat heartily bread with pasta. Yup! Guilty as charged… but that was it! It was a time for me to change.
Well, I am entering my fourth week and I feel freaking fantastic. I lost lots of inches, a nice chunk of weight for a beginner, not too much like some people, but it is going slow and steady which I like the most.
My sleep and energy level drastically improved, I no longer snore, I have far
I know we all have different success and even failures, some see amazing results in the shorter period of time and for some of us takes time. That’s okay. We are all different and unique.
What can I say? I have never felt better, however, yes, I missed bread the most so I made my own. We tried to experiment for a week with it, and I think this is it. I absolutely love this version.
The first one that I made was too eggy and buttery, so I dropped to six room temp eggs, added ghee instead of coconut oil and used a bit of sour cream to make it rise up a bit more.
My family wanted to support me so they join Keto Fun as well. So now, I need one fridge just for bacon and eggs because they literally ate over the weekend my week supply of both.
Also, they sincerely love this bread as well and it was gone for lunch. Like, seriously?! I could eat this bread all week long. LE SIGH!
Anyhow, It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste… Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. With that being said, please, comment and tag me if you make it
P.S. I am affiliated with Amazon so those links below in my recipe form I linked personally. It is not an ad but purposely added a link by me.
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website.
It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste…Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
- 200 g Almond Meal Roughly 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Guar Gum or 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Ghee softened
- 30 g Unsalted Irish Butter room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp. Whole Sour Cream
- 6 Large Organic Eggs Simple Truth, Cage Free, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Measure everything, mix eggs, and softened ghee and butter.
- Combine one by one, start with almond meal flour, then add baking powder, salt, guar gum or xanthan gum; Mix it then add, butter/ghee, sour cream, and eggs.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or just lightly grease a nonstick baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is golden on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and slide on the cooling rack. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure it is in the airtight container or ziplock type of bag
Use Room Temp Eggs. Just leave them on the countertop for 15 minutes or you may drop them in the warm water for 5 minutes to warm up. The bread turns much better.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g
I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni. This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I […]
I do not think that there is anything better in this world than freshly baked bread, especially my Easy Homemade French Bread. Well, my dutch oven for beginners and no-knead bread recipes are amazing, as well. Anyhow, after many trials and fails, I finally got […]
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these low carb lettuce wraps. Addition of peas is optional, of course. However, they add such an amazing burst of sweetness.
You can add carrots or corn, or addition of all. Well, I think it just comes down to your personal preference.
It is all about creating something that you like. Taste and feel your food and see how you can develop a meal with your own twist.
Also, from time to time I would add eggs and sometimes I would skip including them.
The best part of this kind of salad is that you can use any chicken breast, although I would totally recommend rotisserie chicken.
Most of the time we do have leftovers after getting a large rotisserie chicken from the store and this is what we make.
It is just such a delicious and easy way to make lunch or even dinner.
My husband and I devoured this tray of lettuce wraps. I did not even miss bread or additional carbs.
That being said, I will probably slice some tomatoes and avocado the next time I serve these.
This salad reminds me greatly of my Russian Olivier Salad, except that I did not add smoked ham and boiled potatoes.
Oh, I can’t even tell you how much I love that salad that’s why I created this one. Something similar, but still somewhat different.
Please do check out my delicious and extremely easy Russian Olivier Salad because I have a feeling that you guys will love it.
Anyhow, if you make my amazing Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps please tag me on INSTAGRAM.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance. I really appreciate all your support!
You may also like:
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe in a yummy croissant
- School Lunch Box with Amazing Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Asian Style Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
Easy and tasty lunch or fun appetizers. Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
- 1 1/2-2 cup pull apart rotisserie chicken breast
- 4 large boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (optional)
- 2 kosher pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Butterhead lettuce
- Use any leftover chicken breast such as oven-roasted chicken or even boiled, however, my recommendation is rotisserie. Take the skin off and pull off chicken breast meat off. Shred and pull apart with two forks or with your hands. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Boil eggs, 6 minutes in the boiling water. Submerge eggs in cold water, break them a bit and leave for 5 minutes before peeling. Peel eggs and chop into small pieces. Add eggs to the mixing bowl.
- Add diced pickles, lemon juice, a dash of salt and pepper, then mix it by tossing it.
- Now, add mayo and mustard and mix it to coat everything very well. Keep salad in the fridge before serving.
- Wash and separate butter lettuce or any lettuce on hand and add about 2 tablespoons of the salad in the middle of the lettuce cup.
- I like garnishing it with a dash of black pepper and sweet paprika or red hot chili pepper flakes. This really depending on your personal preference.
The salad could be refrigerated and in airt tight container for up to 3 days. That is for the best taste.
If you do not like peas, please omit or add corn or carrots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chef Collection, Premium 7 Pieces Wooden Cooking and Serving Utensils/Spatulas set |Small,Medium,Long plain,Dotted,Slotted Spatulas, Rice Spoon, Ladle|Nonstick Wooden Gadgets| Great Gift
- Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch - Comfort-Pro Series - German High Carbon Stainless Steel - Razor Sharp, Super Comfortable
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
These PB2 Gluten-free Chocolate Waffles are an absolute delight. I genuinely love having a protein-packed breakfast or brunch almost every single day, and I must say, these were not disappointing at all. Above all, I heartily enjoyed a plateful of these with my regular coffee […]
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich. […]
When you want to have a quick meal with your family, Pan-Fried Eggplant with Mozzarella and Marinara is definitely the way to go.
It is just so nice with a nice bowl of mixed greens. A pretty balanced meal that my family and I really enjoy at least on a weekly bases.
You really do not need to spend hours in the kitchen to prep and cook a decent dinner. Most of our meals take less than 40 minutes from start to finish, and so many you would just pop in the oven, air fryer or slow cooker then wait until it is complete.
I don’t know why people complicate cooking. It can be therapeutic as much as economical. For my family of 5 going out is just not economical when I know that I could make far better and healthier for way less money. Wouldn’t you agree?
I am not saying do not go out and support your favorite restaurant or that we never ever go out to eat. What I am saying is that we do not go as often as perhaps average family in the USA. Well, I’m just stating the facts.
Anyhow, if you are vegetarian, or trying to cut down eating meat, these pan-fried eggplant slices are just wonderful.
I have so many amazing vegetarian recipes on my blog. I think you would love them. As much as I love meat, I do crave meatless meals from time to time. Yes, that includes a big beautiful bowl of mixed greens.
If you hate eggplant for whatever reasons, please give this one a try. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at how tasty this is. My boys are not huge on eggplant either, but they actually dig this one. I don’t know why?
Maybe because they are fried and covered with sauce and tasty cheese. It is a life changer for low carb folks as well.
One cup of eggplants have less ta 5 carbs, so you can dip them in almond flour, for example, instead of breadcrumbs. So many options that we have to create an amazing low carb, tasty meal.
Hey, if you try Pan-Fried Eggplant with Mozzarella and Marinara please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
When you want to have a quick meal to have with your family, Pan-Fried Eggplant with Mozzarella and Marinara
- 1 eggplant, sliced (you may peel it if you wish)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs (almond flour with Italian herbs as a sub)
- 1-2 eggs, mixed or egg sub
- 1/4 cup of oil for frying
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or fresh slices of mozzarella
- Fresh and dry herbs for garnish
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices then submerges into salted cold water. I added about 1 tablespoon of table salt mixed with 6-8 cups of water. This will help eggplant become more flavorful and it will remove any bitterness. Allow it to soak for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the water, then tap dry each slice of eggplant with a paper towel.
- Heat oil to medium and a plate lined with a paper towel. Keep stove temp on the medium rather than low or high.
- Meanwhile, add a mixed egg or egg sub into one bowl and breadcrumbs in the other. Read notes about almond flour prep.
- Dip each slice both sides into egg then into breadcrumbs, then drip carefully into the hot oil. Fry for a minute on each side just to get them to light golden color. Remove and place to a paper towel to soak any additional oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a nonstick baking sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place each pan-fried eggplant onto the baking sheet, and add about tablespoon or two of marinara sauce and sprinkle shredded cheese or one slice of fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle with some black pepper and dried herbs. Drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve over seasoned salad and eat immediately.
Almond flour breadcrumbs
- Mix 1 cup of Almond flour with 1 teaspoon of blended Italian herbs, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- For a gluten-free option, cornmeal could be used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- TeamFar Baking Sheet with Rack Set, Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pans with Cooling Rack, Non Toxic & Healthy, Rust Free & Heavy Duty, Mirror Finish & Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe - 6 Pieces
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday. If you are like my family […]