If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name.…
Search Results: low carb
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread.
When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean up my act and start the most strict form of carb cleanse because I felt like I was out of control.
Have you heard of Keto Bread? I am almost certain that you all probably heard about it, so I just made my version of the same bread.
You guys know that I was baking a homemade bread almost every single day. If not bread than some kind of rolls, focaccia or flatbread.
I am one of those people that would eat heartily bread with pasta. Yup! Guilty as charged… but that was it! It was a time for me to change.
Well, I am entering my fourth week and I feel freaking fantastic. I lost lots of inches, a nice chunk of weight for a beginner, not too much like some people, but it is going slow and steady which I like the most.
My sleep and energy level drastically improved, I no longer snore, I have far
I know we all have different success and even failures, some see amazing results in the shorter period of time and for some of us takes time. That’s okay. We are all different and unique.
What can I say? I have never felt better, however, yes, I missed bread the most so I made my own. We tried to experiment for a week with it, and I think this is it. I absolutely love this version.
The first one that I made was too eggy and buttery, so I dropped to six room temp eggs, added ghee instead of coconut oil and used a bit of sour cream to make it rise up a bit more.
My family wanted to support me so they join Keto Fun as well. So now, I need one fridge just for bacon and eggs because they literally ate over the weekend my week supply of both.
Also, they sincerely love this bread as well and it was gone for lunch. Like, seriously?! I could eat this bread all week long. LE SIGH!
Anyhow, It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste… Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. With that being said, please, comment and tag me if you make it
P.S. I am affiliated with Amazon so those links below in my recipe form I linked personally. It is not an ad but purposely added a link by me.
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website.
It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste…Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
- 200 g Almond Meal Roughly 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Guar Gum or 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Ghee softened
- 30 g Unsalted Irish Butter room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp. Whole Sour Cream
- 6 Large Organic Eggs Simple Truth, Cage Free, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Measure everything, mix eggs, and softened ghee and butter.
- Combine one by one, start with almond meal flour, then add baking powder, salt, guar gum or xanthan gum; Mix it then add, butter/ghee, sour cream, and eggs.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or just lightly grease a nonstick baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is golden on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and slide on the cooling rack. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure it is in the airtight container or ziplock type of bag
Use Room Temp Eggs. Just leave them on the countertop for 15 minutes or you may drop them in the warm water for 5 minutes to warm up. The bread turns much better.
I could eat this delicious Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese probably every other day. Well, I like calling this Mac-flower and Cheese ’cause I used Cauliflower instead of macaroni. This recipe blew my Instagram account after food52 reshared my picture of Mac-flower and Cheese. Since I…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2 Foods. All opinions are entirely my own. Tofu and Veggie Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce is such a fantastic dish; it’s going to make you crave it over and over again. This meal…
Colcannon with Kale and Bacon is a tasty side dish and an excellent choice to make for St. Patrick’s Day, however, I could eat it probably every single day.
Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish of buttery mashed potatoes with sauteed kale or cabbage.
I added crunchy bacon because it goes so well together, and who would not like a bit a crunch to their bite.
Let’s be honest, I absolutely adore mashed potatoes. Well, I love potatoes in general.
There are so many amazing meals that we could make using this amazing ingredient. Don’t you agree?
Anyhow, back to mashed potatoes. I said this many times before, but let me mention again.
When I go to the restaurant I order a bowl of mashed potatoes rather than focused on anything else.
This tasty side dish is just incredible. It is warm, comforting, delicious and such an easy dish to make.
If you want to make it vegetarian or even vegan, skip bacon of course and use dairy-free butter and nut milk to create a creamy texture.
Although I do like a bit of chunky mash from time to time. So as you can see it is really possible to create this dish completely “clean” and vegan.
If you get inspired and make this Colcannon with Kale and Bacon, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see all your tasty creations. Thank you so much in advance!
Recipes you might like:
Colcannon with Kale and Bacon is a simple and extremely tasty Irish side dish.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes, russets (add salt to water)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- ¾-1 cup half and half, cream (milk will do as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 4 cups stemmed, rinsed, and chopped green kale
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes in boiling water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a pan over medium heat and cook sliced bacon, stirring often, until it is nicely crisped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add chopped onion (green onions could be used as well) to the pan and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 to the 6-minute max.
- Add washed and chopped kale to bacon and onion, then cook until wilted but still bright green, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. If you want softer kale you could steam it prior to sauteing. I add a pinch of salt and pepper just to season kale a bit but no more than a pinch.
- Use a potato masher or an electric mixer to make a nice smooth mash. Hand masher will make potatoes more chunky, so use it if you like your potatoes that way.
- Add the butter and half and a half (cream or milk) to the potatoes and continue to mash until the large lumps are gone. Add salt to taste and black pepper, then mix well. I like adding garlic powder to the mashed potatoes so just add about 1/4 teaspoon or more if you would like to the mashed potatoes and stir well. Also, add enough salt to please your taste buds.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes bacon, kale and onion mixture. Taste the colcannon and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot and top with a pat of butter.
You may use green cabbage or savoy cabbage instead of kale. I like it with either since it pairs so well with buttery mashed potatoes.
For vegetarian or even vegan options, you omit bacon obviously and use dairy-free butter and nut milk. It will be a bit different but still a tasty side dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- Wooden Salad Bowl Set with Servers - 12 Inch x 3 inch Mango Wood Bowl with Spoons for Soups, Fruit, Pasta and Mixed Salads | Water Resistant Enamel Lined Serving Bowl Set
Extremely tasty, warm and comforting recipe for Cheese Stuffed Dinner Rolls. You will love these soft, garlicky and cheesy bread bombs. If you love soft dinner rolls than you will adore these beauties with cheese, brushed with butter, garlic and herbs. From time to time…
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken fillets or cutlets, mushrooms, garlic or onions, and Marsala wine. It is an easy yet extremely delicious way to prepare the chicken with incredibly creamy mushroom sauce. My family and I absolutely adore this dish. Well,…
I do not think that there is anything better in this world than freshly baked bread, especially my Easy Homemade French Bread.
Well, my dutch oven for beginners and no-knead bread recipes are amazing, as well.
Anyhow, after many trials and fails, I finally got a winning recipe. I take pride in my bread recipes, so I tested this bread many times. This recipe is more of a “store-bought” copy-cat recipe rather than a true French artisan crunchy baguette.
With that being said, it is still very delicious bread that I know you will love.
Anyhow, you guys seem to love my easy bread recipes and that makes me so happy. Trust me, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to bake a loaf of bread.
Yes, we all have to measure it in the beginning, but later you will just know what is what.
I must say, without bragging that I probably could make bread with my eyes closed. Well, that’s because I have been baking bread for a very long time.
Not that I am old as a bible, but I was 12 going toward 13 years old when I made my first bread.
I am almost 40 years old, so you see it has been a while since I made my first bread with the messy kitchen and flour all over the floor.
It was a rather unforgettable experience, and as you would typically expect to see on the I Love Lucy show.
With that being said, I have grown a bit and you can say got some experience making bread.
You can make this bread dough with a stand mixer using hook attachment however, you may use a bowl and a wooden spoon as well as your trusty hands to knead it.
I must admit my kids and husband are just like me. We love bread so much, but ever since we went low carb I avoid making it.
The only reason I would bake bread these days is to bring to my neighbors or friends.
However, sometimes I just dearly crave it. I use it my treat. It is nostalgia so I make a couple that we usually finish eating in one day. I know! We have a problem.
If you like this recipe then you might also like these:
If you make my amazingly Easy Homemade French Bread, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycoooking.
Thank you so much in advance. I cannot wait to see your creations.
Just to add, as some found it quite unusual that I add oil to my dough. I like the dough much better with a drizzle of oil, however, traditional long baguette or French Bread does not contain any oil or fat whatsoever.
My mother-in-law only uses 4 ingredients to make bread; yeast, flour, salt, and water. Your bread will come out just as good.
Easy Homemade French Bread
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), 500ml (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil, for greasing if you're using reg. baking pan
- 3 teaspoons salt, approx. 15g
- 6 cups all-purpose flour + for dusting
Egg wash is optional
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- You may also dust it with extra flour
- Measure, then combine flour and salt. Stir.
- Add yeast and sugar with a splash of warm water to your stand mixer bowl. Mix it to combine then let the yeast activate. I do this even if I am using instant yeast and before adding the flour mixture.
- Add flour to the stand mixer bowl, little by little, using a stand mixer with a hook attachment. Then add oil which optional. Traditional Frech Bread does not contain any oil or fat.
- Add more warm water as needed. Add the water slowly, 1/2-1 cup at the time until you reach the thickness; NOTE: It all depends on what type of flour you have, how old it is, the air & humidity, etc. So if I say 2 cups of warm water, it might be less, so please add water slowly until you reach soft and sticky texture, but not looking like pancake batter.
- Keep increasing speed on the stand mixer. Mix until the dough starts pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Drizzle a bit of oil, cover and allow it to rise. You may transfer it to a different bowl.
- Let it rest and rise for an hour to up to 2 hours in total. I advise you to keep your down in microwave or (turned off) oven. This will help the dough to rise better.
- You can make two or three loaves, depends on the size. If you make 2 then cut the dough in half. Dust your working surface with flour, then using a rolling pin stretch dough in a thinner rectangular shape. You do not need to press it too hard.
- As you can see on my pictures, roll the dough, then shape it. You may tuck ends if you wish.
- If you do not have a French Loaf baking pan, then grease your baking pan and put the dough in or line up a pan with parchment pepper or use a silicone mat.
- Allow dough to proof in the baking pan for the next 20 to 25 minutes. Be patient because this is an important step. You may brush proofed loaves with egg white + water, egg wash or just dust with more flour like I did. It is great either way. You may even add some herbs and seeds if you like.
- Slash the dough with a blade or a very sharp knife to allow it to expand during baking. The purpose is primarily to control the direction in which the bread will expand during “oven spring.”
- Meantime, Preheat oven to 400F (200C). If your oven is steam oven add water into a little dish that comes with the oven. I will link the below in the notes, an article that I found informative regarding steam while baking bread. Great info so please check it out before baking.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown. Sometimes I like it more deep brown and crunchy and sometimes I like the light golden color of my bread. This depends on your preference.
- Allow it to COOL DOWN at least for at least 20 minutes before slicing the bread. This is really important as well. I love hot bread but if you open it too soon while still piping hot the bread could possibly become dense and sticky. Just wait! I like to place my bread on the cookie rack then covering with a cotton kitchen towel.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Taylor Stainless Steel Analog Kitchen Scale, 11 Lb. Capacity
- SAINT GERMAIN Premium Hand Crafted Bread Lame with 6 Blades Included - Best Dough Scoring Tool with Authentic Leather Protective Cover
- Oven Safe, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack, 10 x 15 inches Fits Jelly Roll Pan
- Rolling Pins for Baking Combo, Pastry Mat Kit With Chopper/Scraper and Basting Brush, Large 19x23 Inch Reusable Silicone Non-Slip Non-Stick Mat With Fondant/ Dough Measurements/Dough Roller Baking Set
- Amagabeli Nonstick Perforated Baguette Pan 15" x 13" for French Bread Baking 4 Wave Loaves Loaf Bake Mold Toast Cooking Bakers Molding 4 Gutter Oven Toaster Pan Cloche Waves Silver Steel Tray Italian
- KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer Contential Silver RRK150CU (Renewed)