With school already in session, I am always making something to be satisfying and quick for my kids to munch on, but at the same time healthy energy boost. They are pretty simple children, sometimes even fresh banana would make them happy, however, freshly made granola always puts the smile on their faces.
Most of the time they just take a handful and run out of the door, but ever so often they sprinkle over their morning cereals or eat it with the yogurt as a healthy after-school snack.
It’s extremely easy! Make it over the weekend, place it in a lidded jar, and keep it in your pantry. One handful goes a long way, but it is the most delicious granola combo ever.
You have protein, fiber, sweetness, natural oils, etc. It hits the spot and lifts your mood as well as kills those cravings for something sweet right away. I have shared this recipe with many of my readers that were asking how to make their own granola, and it has always had positive feedback, so I decided that it is a time to share it on my blog too.
The best part is that you really don’t have to use mixed nuts. If you have one kind, use that. Also, any mixed dry fruit would do. If you don’t want to use maple syrup, and you have honey, use the honey.
As I said, this recipe is tested many times, and it tastes really good!
The Best Homemade Toasted Granola
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts cashews, walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.
- 2 tbsp. Flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup or other sweeteners
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Pure Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Options to add to baked and cooled granola:
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine in a bowl rolled oats, mixed nuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, and brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine maple syrup, salt, melted coconut oil, coconut powder, and Vanilla extract; stir well until everything is incorporated.
- Mix together both mixtures and place onto lined with parchment paper 10x15 Baking Sheet baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, depending on you your oven, mixing it every 10 minutes, so it can develop the same color and toast evenly. It has to be toasted, crunchy. It will develop even more crunch after it cools down.
- Once done, remove from the oven and place to cool down completely before adding dried fruit and spices.
- After adding dried fruit, place the granola in the jar, close it with the lid and keep it in the pantry or similar.