Easy Naan Bread Pizza
This easy naan bread pizza comes together in 5 minutes and you can even prep everything ahead, plus it is versatile. I had leftover grilled chicken from the weekend, some tomatoes as well as olives, a bit of red onion and voila. You can really make it vegetarian, or meat pizza, with sauce or like mine without it, the options are endless.
I love simple and easy meals… I mean, I named my blog”easy cooking” after all, so this fits in the affordable, simple and easy meal category.
If you are a single person, or a college student or you have no idea how to cook, seriously, it is super simple, so let me show you how to do it.
Easy Naan Bread Pizza
- 1 Naan Bread mine was roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup Cheese shredded (Mozzarella, or Pizza Cheese Blend)
- 1/2 Chicken breast, cooked store-bought or homemade, grilled or pan-fried
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 3 Olives any on hand
- Herbs for garnish Italian herb mix/blend or any on hand to enhance the flavor
- Red chili flakes
Preheat your oven to 400F.
Add cheese on top of Naan bread, then add cooked chicken sliced into cubes, olives, tomatoes.
Sprinkle some Italian herbs and red chili flakes.
Bake it for 3 minutes then turn the broiler on high and bake for an additional minute or two, or until the cheese is completely melted.
Slice and eat... Enjoy!
You may bake it in a conventional oven, which cooking time might be less than in my directions. You can use the microwave to make this. It will not be as crunchy, but still just as tasty. You can add any topping that you like; Hawaiian pizza, vegetarian pizza, three meat pizza, etc. possibilities are endless.
HOW to make chicken from scratch:
- 4 chicken breasts
- A generous sprinkle of salt and ground black pepper on each chicken breast
- A generous sprinkle of Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 tbsp. Herbs (parsley, thyme or rosemary)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice *optional
- Season the chicken well with salt and chicken seasoning, on both sides, then add herbs and pour oil over it, make sure to cover both sides. I like adding lemon juice and/or lemon zest when I have it on hand because it gives this amazingly refreshing aroma and taste as well.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge in the Ziploc bag or in the deeper bowl. Cover the bowl or close the bag and marinade in the fridge.
- Grill chicken on the preheated grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temp. reads 165F.
- Or you could preheat your skillet or saute pan, add oil and cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until completely done.
- If you want the Asian flavor you can just marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes submerged in 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp Soy sauce, garlic. green onion and ginger.
- Make sure to place chicken in the fridge to marinade. I love using a large Ziploc bag to marinate chicken. You literally, place chicken in the bag, pour marinade mixture over it, close the bag, shake it a bit and place in the fridge, that’s it!