Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip is such an easy recipe. All you need to do is put everything together bake and serve. It is a perfect treat to quickly make especially if you have unannounced guests. I don’t know about you, but for me, even read more
Search for a recipe: dips
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Not only is it extremely delicious, but it’s super easy to make as well. All you need are a few amazing ingredients! Just top your dip with whatever you usually top your tacos with, and you are done.
For some of you that did not know, Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5th.
Special events and celebrations highlight Mexican culture, especially in regional dancing, including parades, music, and my personal favorite; food.
One thing you must do this Cinco de Mayo is eat Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They are very crispy and delicious restaurant-style chips.
I must add that they are tasty enough to eat right out of the bag, which we did, of course. Also, they only have four simple ingredients, including sea salt, and they’re certified gluten-free.
My family was impressed by the overall combination of my dip and Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They paired beautifully, and the chips were big enough to scoop the perfect bite of this taco style dip.
This is one of our favorite spreads for entertaining as well as a staple for our movie nights.
We have got to mention Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas as well! They are not only amazing for Taco Tuesday, but for Cinco de Mayo too!
Warming these delicious tortillas give the most magnificent taste. You can find instructions on the back of the packaging.
They are soft, which makes them easy to use in a variety of dishes and they’re also perfect for snacks or appetizers for your family and friends.
As you can see, my friends, you don’t need much to make your spread colorful, beautiful, authentic and at the same time, tasty.
All you need are a few ingredients and a bit of effort to create a masterpiece that wows your family and friends. And of course, with the help of Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, which makes this dip complete.
Also, make sure to check out this Mission promotion! What says Cinco more than breaking a piñata? From 04/01/19 until 05/05/19, you can enter and play the Mission Piñata Instant Win Game!
Take a swing at the Mission piñata and see if you have what it takes to break it.
The best part? If you break it, you win a prize! Play every day for more chances to win click here.
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, 9 oz
- 2 sticks of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups assorted tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeño, optional
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mild taco seasoning. Using electric mixture, if possible, combine all the ingredients together until it is smooth in texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving dish and add all desirable toppings, preferably fresh.
- I used toppings that we usually add to our tacos, so it made perfect sense to add lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño and black olives and serve it with our favorite restaurant-style Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips.
- Keep the dip cold before serving.
- Refrigerate dip if you are not going to serve it right away.
- For the best taste, use whole milk dairy products.
- Use fresh ingredients for the toppings, as they are preferably the best to make this dip colorful and at the same time, beautiful and tasty.
- You may make your own taco seasoning.
- Add more Sour cream if needed
- Fast way to bring cream cheese to room temperature: Take the cheese block out of the paper carton package, then unopened cheese, place in the warm, almost hot water for about 5 minutes.
Let’s step out of our comfort food zone and create delicious Artichoke and Cannellini Beans Hummus. Okie Dokie, Artichoke! I will show you an amazingly delicious and super easy recipe that you can make over and over again; for social gatherings, sporting events or just read more
I call this Avocado Toast with Spicy Chickpeas a perfect Avo Toast. They are so popular these days and extremely versatile. I just love them as well as my kids. You can make them vegetarian or vegan, or add bacon, chicken, eggs, etc. I also read more
If you like the taste of Pumpkin, then you going to love my Pumpkin Pie Hummus, easy and tasty dip.
It feels like Thanksgiving was just yesterday. I could still taste our delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I was stuffed, but somehow I could eat more.
Now, we wait for several more “Food Overeating” rounds. Seriously, holidays are all about giving, sharing and FOOOOOD! But, I am not complaining…
So, let’s talk about this beautiful, sweet and delicious hummus. I think hummus is becoming more and more trendy.
If you didn’t notice, big brands are making all types of flavors these days, and I really like every hummus taste; sweet, savory, spicy, etc.
I made this hummus just before Thanksgiving, and it was so good that I made it several times. The first time when I made it, my kids, niece, as well as Nebs, didn’t even want to look at it. They’d say: “you are crazy
However, when they finally dipped in the hummus sweet graham cracker, oh boy, I couldn’t stop them.
My hummus bowl was literally “licked” clean. You wouldn’t believe it, but they started adding whipped cream as a topping like you would on a pumpkin pie. So, yes, I got two thumbs up from my fam.
The taste is unique but somewhat familiar. When the flavors melt in your mouth, it becomes even more familiar, as it tastes almost like pumpkin pie.
This could be totally done with roasted or boiled sweet potatoes. Actually, I really like them either way.
Maybe a bit more with roasted sweet potatoes, because I LOVE sweet potatoes. However, if you like pumpkin pie, I am sure that you will love this.
So, if you make my amazing dip, Pumpkin Pie Hummus, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 1 cup 225g Pureed Pumpkin Pie Mixture (canned)
- 3/4 cup 125g Cooked Chickpeas canned works
- 1 tbsp. 15g Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon 1.3g Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2-3 tbsp. 42g-63g Honey (or to taste) use low-sugar Maple Syrup as alternative
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon riper, softer lemon-juicier
- Drizzle of Honey
- Sesame seeds
- Regal sliced almonds
- Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Fresh Mint
- Combine all the ingredients together, and blend until smooth.
- You can do this in several batches, and combine at the end if your blender/food processor is smaller.
- Add sweetener of your choice, to taste.
- Serve chilled and with perhaps sweet crackers. It can be refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 7 days.
How to make chickpeas click here / you can also use canned chickpeas You can use sugar, maple syrup or any other sweetener, and use to please your taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.