I have been planning for a while to post a delicious recipe using my smoker or a grill. Summer season is here so you can make this over and over again during beautiful summer evenings and enjoy it with your family and friends. Also, the read more
Search for a recipe: ASIAN
Are you getting caught up in the Olympic games? I am hooked big time. We just cannot stop watching. In between the breaks I prep food, and then cook something quick so we could munch while watching. So, that’s how these quick and delicious wraps read more
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2 Foods. All opinions are entirely my own.
Chicken Burger with spicy peanut butter slaw was amazing. Not only are these simple to prepare, but after grilling or cooking, you can keep the patties in the fridge for days.
So, they are perfect for meal prep if you are doing it. All you got to do is heat and eat.
Now, if you are doing low carb, there is a simple solution for that too. You can use almond flour instead of panko breadcrumbs and enjoy these protein-packed chicken patties even if you are doing low carb diet.
I partnered with PB2 Foods to create recipes using their products.
This time I used their new PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter, which is peanut butter reimagined!
Freshly roasted peanuts are pressed to remove most of the oil.
Mix in some roasted peanut pieces, a little sugar, and a dash of salt for flavor, and the result is peanut butter with only 2.5 g of fat per serving – almost 70% fewer calories than traditional peanut butter and 5 g of plant-based protein.
Anyhow, my family and I enjoyed these Asian-inspired burgers with spicy slaw.
If you like me and love Asian flavors, then these burgers are for you.
You could serve patties in the bun, on the salad, or use lettuce to wrap them up, which is perfect for the low-carb option.
Also, the addition of PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter in both burger patties and slaw was perfect. It gives you something extra so you could enjoy every bite.
With that being said, I feel like using any other condiment was not necessary. I used mayo, and it was great. However, we have tried skipping slaw and used BBQ sauce and cheese. We had divided opinions on this one.
Three of us preferred using slaw in the burger. It was a perfect balance of sweet and spicy, which was incredible.
We are hosting a fun giveaway for USA residents on my Instagram,
so check it out. Tap here to enter. @sandraseasycooking
Chicken Burges with Spicy Peanut Butter Slaw are simple and tasty, and perfect for your outdoors or indoor grilling. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spicy Peanut Dressing:
Drizzle it over slaw and toss well to coat. Keep refrigerated until ready to be
used. I used Asian slaw and broccoli slow combined. Use whichever you prefer.
Chicken Burges with Spicy Peanut Butter Slaw are simple and tasty, and perfect for your outdoors or indoor grilling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2 Foods. All opinions are entirely my own. Tofu and Veggie Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce is such a fantastic dish; it’s going to make you crave it over and over again. This meal read more
General Tso’s Tofu is tasty, beautiful and incredibly easy to make.
I can’t even tell you how many times I get the question about tofu so I try to create delicious recipes using this amazing ingredient.
Since it literally does not taste like anything you must flavor it with the seasonings.
In this case, General Tso’s, Asian inspired sauce is a phenomenal addition to tofu.
It not only flavors it but gives umami that you really want. I am only going to suggest eating it right away.
The reason why I am suggesting eating it right away is that it will lose its crispiness if it sits too long.
We all know that General Tso’s is probably the most well known Asian fried chicken recipe of all, but you must give this one a go.
Also, you must use extra firm or at least firm tofu for this dish.
Softer types of tofu are usually used in soups and stews, although I like to squeeze in firm tofu in my soups as well.
So, the taste of this is a bit sweet, hardly spicy and a whole lot of delicious. It smacks your lips delicious, that is. I have a feeling that you love it.
Well, if you like tofu as well as the flavors of Asian cuisine then I know you will love it.
My husband and I enjoyed it so much that I decided to share this simple and easy recipe.
If you’re following Meatless Mondays’ then, hey, this is a quite perfect dish to make for you and your family.
Hey, if you get the change to make my General Tso’s Tofu, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with the hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
Thank you so much in advance for all your support. Do not forget to connect on social media with me.
I love seeing your creativity and hearing your thoughts.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
General Tso's Tofu recipe is easy and so tasty. Simple meatless dishes always hit the spot.
- 1 block extra-firm organic tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (alt. vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)/ you can use any other sauce thickener.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- A drizzle of sesame oil
- Take the tofu out of the container and press the whole block between two plates lined with paper towels and top the whole setup with a heavy can. If you have a TOFU press that is helpful as well. This will press out excess moisture from the tofu and make adding flavor easier. Also, pressed tofu absorbs liquids like soy sauce marinate that we are using much better.. Slice or cube the tofu after pressing.
- Combine soy sauce and sesame oil together and add over the cubed tofu. Allow it to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. Try to turn it a few times so it coats every side.
- Coat the tofu in starch before frying. The alternative to corn starch: You may use arrowroot powder is a fine powder, very similar to cornstarch. It is also gluten-free so if you're sensitive to corn-based products use this powder. It crisps the tofu just like cornstarch, although it might stick to the pan so be aware of that.
- Set a large frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. It should not smoke so allow it to just heat. Cast iron holds a higher temperature so turn the heat just a bit down if you are using a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the tofu in a single layer. If your skillet is smaller then make it in two batches. Do not overcrowd a skillet. The tofu should sizzle upon contact when you place it in the hot oil, if not wait for a few seconds until it heats up properly. That is why you should add one and see if the oil is hot enough.
- Fry tofu until it is golden. Wait until the tofu releases from the pan before browning the next side; the underside of the tofu should be golden-brown. Continue frying until all sides are browned and crispy.
- Place each batch on the kitchen paper towel or wire rack, whichever you prefer.
- Put the ingredients for the sauce, except for cornstarch and water mixture, in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and water and mix until smooth in texture. Slowly add to the lightly boiling sauce while continuously stirring.
- Cook for a couple of minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add crispy tofu to the sauce and coat it well. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve immediately. I like drizzling a bit of sesame oil just before serving, but it is optional.
- If you wish to use store-bought General Tso's Sauce, you are more than welcome.
- Tofu must be extra firm or at least firm for this dish.
- If you are vegetarian using vegetable broth for the sauce
The Best Oil for Frying
- Peanut oil
- Soybean oil
- Vegetable oil
- Safflower oil
- Canola oil
- Corn oil
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweet Pumpkin Porridge is one of those perfect comforting foods during cooler weather. Ah, don’t you just love the smell of cooler weather approaching, beautiful Autumn scenery and comfort food? Alright, perhaps we look forward to comforting holiday food more than anything else, but fall read more
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves. My family loves it especially with a bowl of Spanish rice and beans. To lighten up my recipe, I used a mixture of oil with lime juice and read more